WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 03:23 am
Er - (shyly) - I find myself feeling that this thread has been sort of taken over, because of the intense interest aroused by the whole awful story of the damned Family/Whatever it calls itself now.

It seems like folk feel a little inhibited to grimace and grit as usual because they - not unreasonably - feel unentitled in the face of the awfulness being discussed.

I wonder if this needs a thread of its own?

Two candidates - though not perfect ones - come to mind:

This one:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43721&start=120
about paedophiles

or this one:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44051&highlight=

asking for specific information.

I am happy to open a new thread - or do people feel one of the other threads (or this one) are good?

I worry about Craven's new thread being overwhelmed - but I do not know how Craven feels - and I am aware that the paedophile thread was designed for another purpose....

Any directives?????
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 03:59 am
dlowan wrote:
Er - (shyly) - I find myself feeling that this thread has been sort of taken over, because of the intense interest aroused by the whole awful story of the damned Family/Whatever it calls itself now.

It seems like folk feel a little inhibited to grimace and grit as usual because they - not unreasonably - feel unentitled in the face of the awfulness being discussed.

I felt the same and had tried to let it wind down and tried, unsuccessfully, to find a quotidian bitchable.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 04:34 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
dlowan wrote:

I felt the same and had tried to let it wind down and tried, unsuccessfully, to find a quotidian bitchable.

Er - does that mean you would be happy for a new thread to be opened? (I know the meaning of quotidian - and speculate on "bitchable" - but am unable to comprehend the meaning of your sentence!)

(Been an exceedingly long and unpleasant day, if I may briefly revert to the original subject of the thread.)

I ask, because I am unsure if you are happy for discussion to happen on your new thread - or at all.

(I don't want to breach sensitive boundaries, I guess I am saying - but it also seems discussion is a damn reasonable thing to happen)

Edit: Oh - you mean you tried to find something everyday to moan about?

Still leaves my question, if this is correct.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 07:55 am
I think the pedophile one has effectively absorbed the xfamily stuff.

So I'll start -- after two days of preschool and one birthday party, sozlet was warm (but not hot) yesterday evening and had a bad (but not terrible) night and I'm extremely worried that if she doesn't get enough sleep she'll be sick. Hopefully she'll get enough sleep (still sleeping now.) But I had to really grimace and grit my teeth when the recycling truck went by.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:03 am
waking up.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 08:05 am
Absolutely nothing! Surprised

It was just one of those perfect, lazy summer days. I could use more of these! Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 08:08 am
(Update: kid got enough sleep that day, is still more borderline than I'd like but hasn't gotten sick yet. Much knocking of wood.)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 05:52 am
Shocked I just watched a program on the ABC about Fox News in the US - "fair & balanced"!
I'm really shocked: all these former journalists & producers talking about how the news is manipulated .... And that O'Reilly person! Shocked Does he really yell at people to shut up when he doesn't like their point of view? What a bully! What a view of the world!
Oh that was disgusting!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 06:18 am
Kristie wrote:
waking up.

that does it for me too
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 07:56 am
nimh wrote:
Kristie wrote:
waking up.

that does it for me too

again. today. waking up. wakeing up ever 2 hours for....whatever.

s*it.

I can't live like this.....
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 05:28 am
Getting off a 14 hr flight and coming into work
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 07:23 am
Oh, that's tough, Gautam! ... And before that, probably dancing till dawn? :wink:
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 07:25 am
LOL yeah - to my boss's tune !
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 07:40 am
Aw, poor, poor Prince! (Not in the $$$$$$ stakes, obviously :wink: )
So now to enjoy your beautiful home again, put your feet up & relax a little. Is this possible, or are you still too busy?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 07:41 am
Well, the amount of work that has piled up is amazing, and my jet lag has kicked in.

And I am off to Vancouver on Sun for a week - my poor body is all confused as to which time zone it should operate in.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 07:43 am
So when do you get to slow down a bit? Shocked
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:25 am
My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But, ah, my foes, and, oh, my friends - it gives a lovely light.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:26 am
Gautam, you changed you handle?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:34 am
eoe, see this thread:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40017
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 09:08 am
one should burn his candle at both ends and the middle as well rather than have the mice eat in the closet.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/22/2024 at 01:29:56