WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

msolga

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 09:44 pm
@Pemerson,
I'm sorry about you neck ... & then your back, Permerson. Here's hoping there's improvement in both soon.

Quote:
.. I told her they were much to fluffy (the kittens) and she had told me they were part Siamese which means not-so-fluffy I think. But, we managed to get out of there.

Now, I am feeling terrible. Maybe she can't afford to feed the cats & kittens? (she was charging $50 for the kittens). What I am going to do is send her a case of cat and kitten food, plus some mother's canned kitten milk for those poor kittens who were only 4 weeks old.

How do people live like that? What else can I do about the kittens? The one she wanted us to buy had sore eyes. Probably, so did the others. What should I do, except grimace & grit my teeth?

Sighing heavily here.

What a disaster.

Poor, poor cats.

And she was trying to sell them?

I dunno. I think in your shoes I would've taken one of the kittens. (But at 4 weeks old? Neutral ) Even though they were not exactly what I had in mind. But don't take me as any sort of guide as the right thing to do in the circumstances. Fact is, I'm a sucker when it comes to animals.
Pemerson

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 10:20 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

What a disaster.

Poor, poor cats.

And she was trying to sell them?

I dunno. I think in your shoes I would've taken one of the kittens. (But at 4 weeks old? Neutral ) Even though they were not exactly what I had in mind. But don't take me as any sort of guide as the right thing to do in the circumstances. Fact is, I'm a sucker when it comes to animals.

Ordinarily, me too, and I am suffering for those kitties, that she says are all sold except the one (I don't believe that). We have two wonderful cats (3 and 10 yr) who were both rescues. This is our last kitten and we can't handle a problem right now, plus the fluffy hair makes one of our sons very sick, so he won't, can't visit. And, we only wanted one last cat that is normal - you know, purrs and doesn't have anything contagious. It took two years to get my cat Josie to love us, allow us to pick her up, pet her. Nixie was five weeks and I had to force feed her - you know, they seem to hate that even while they are eating & drinking. I moved into the guest room with her for few days.

So, well, maybe I can handle another problem - if the two dogs behave. That little bitty dachound, I don't know about him. And we're going to be in bed with two dogs under the covers, one kitty on top of the comforter and, now, a itsy bitsy kitty under my chin? Oh, geez, I don't know about that Msolga. But I'm thinking about the guest room.
msolga

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 05:20 am
@Pemerson,
Quote:
So, well, maybe I can handle another problem - if the two dogs behave. That little bitty dachound, I don't know about him. And we're going to be in bed with two dogs under the covers, one kitty on top of the comforter and, now, a itsy bitsy kitty under my chin? Oh, geez, I don't know about that Msolga. But I'm thinking about the guest room.

Now I'm concerned that I might have influenced you or made you feel guilty, Pemerson. And now that you've said how many animals you're already looking after, plus your (allergic?) son, maybe it would be best to stick to your original plan?
You're quite an animal lover, aren't you? Good on you. Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 03:35 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:

we'll see if the quoted repair - just under $2000 - does the job

if not ... I'm not sure I want to think about it

Anything new to report, ehBeth?

What did the the digging work reveal?

I hope your plumbing isn't still clogged! Shocked
hamburgboy

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 05:30 pm
@msolga,
msolga - to keep you up-to-date :

just received p.m .
"the plumbers have left and the basement is draining" .

( it surely is going to be a messy clean-up job )
ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 06:18 pm
@hamburgboy,
I'm home with mops and bleach and garbage bags.

It's actually not too horrible.

Most of the remaining water can be mopped up with old towels/t-shirts that had been on their way to Goodwill - now they're mopping - getting spun dry and going back into action.

It was roots from the city tree. The drain guys left it on the step for the city guy/gal to come and inspect and give me the form to submit to the city for my rebate credit - I hope I don't have to do too much debating to make it go through.

New pvc pipe - two connection points - one going in - one going out - both much closer to the house to make parking easier - they really did a fine job.

dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 06:21 pm
@ehBeth,
Hope you are paid quickly!
ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 06:25 pm
@ehBeth,
All good to hear.

I had a flooded basement (city drain upchucking) once back in north-north. Which impelled me to go out later on to buy a pump, which I never used. In time, I had a newly clean basement floor..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 06:29 pm
@dlowan,
I suspect "payment" will be by way of credit to the tax bill. The city's a little tight with their funds.

Yes, ossoB, the basement floor will be cleaner than ever by the time we're done. Anything suspicious is going into garbage bags - nothing wrong with a clear out.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 07:17 pm
this afternoon sitting chatting; Lady Diane's BP was 246/162
JPB

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 07:20 pm
@dyslexia,
holy ****!

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 07:25 pm
@dyslexia,
oy! that's not good
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 07:40 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Yikes! Just what did you say to her?! Shocked
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 07:45 pm
@dyslexia,
Geez, we went to get her bp meds yesterday.
Hoping (!) for resolution on this.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 08:58 pm
@dyslexia,
Get her to a doctor!!!

Is your measurer accurate?
dyslexia

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 09:43 pm
@dlowan,
I told her to eat more oatmeal, it's good for her skin.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 09:50 pm
I talked with dys. Last I know, they are coping .
msolga

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:08 am
@ossobuco,
Any further news? Dys? Osso?
I'm really worried.

I hope you're OK, Diane.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:50 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Holy ****. Did she see a doctor? Is she ok? Is she still breathing in both directions?

Please come back and report something!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 06:48 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

I told her to eat more oatmeal, it's good for her skin.

Glad you are on top of things.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 09:49:19