WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

dlowan

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 03:05 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:
she wants grass. A yard. Something to mow. First she removed the entire ground layer of the woodland and planted grass seed -- um.... nope, grass doesn't grow in a woodland. That's why it's a woodland. Then they started taking down trees but are frustrated that there are so many healthy trees and the village will only let them take out the dead/diseased ones. And, yes, everything gets burned. Now the leaves from the healthy trees are starting to fall and it gives them daily fuel for the fire --- which isn't really a fire, it's a smoke pile. Folks have asked them why they moved to the woods if they don't want to live in the woods. It seems that they like being surrounded by other people's woods but want a yard full of turf grass.

Also, yes, Mr B does have breathing difficulties.....

Oh you poor things, JPB!

Of all the neighbours you could have had, you got these two! What bad luck!

Spray them with Round Up!!!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 05:04 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

errr, if you're the property owner, who are you pointing this out to/complaining to/requesting a sign of?

You want the insurer of whoever you're talking to (unless you're talking to yourself)

dlowan wrote:
Eg: In winter, the first rains stop the card scanner from working and you can't open it. Clearly this was a design problem,. which I pointed out every winter for 9 years.

I have also complained about that for years.

For five years I have been requesting a sign on the inside of the gate telling people the gate needs checking to see if it is closed.

Strata management firm.

You might call it a condo management firm?

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 05:07 am
@dlowan,
I FINALLY SAW THE SPIDER!!!!!!!!

I don't know if it is THE spider, but it is A spider....and a bitey looking one!!!

And I got it before it bit me, I think.

This may be the last culprit. The one that bit me recently and caused the infection.

If so, I have taken revenge.

It is an ex-spider.

And it was right near my leg!!!

sozobe

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 05:08 am
@dlowan,
Oh wow!

Be nice to spiders -- unless they're bitey-looking ones right near your leg and you've suffered awful spider bites in the past.

Did you preserve what was left of the corpse, by any chance, to aid in ID'ing it?
dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 05:13 am
@sozobe,
Yes.

It is under a glass as we speak, with insecticide (yes, I hate myself for that) so that I can look at it after it is dead.

It looks exactly right for the job......not enough to poison one, but able to cause pain and swelling.

The filthy bacteria on its little choppers would have done the rest......especially as the ankle that suffered was the same one that got cellulitis from the LAST spider.....and that damaged the lymphatic flow, so my body can't fight infections on that ankle as well as it should be able to.
sozobe

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 05:15 am
@dlowan,
Great... I hope this will solve the mystery AND stop this damned cellulitis from recurring...
Izzie

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 05:17 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

I FINALLY SAW THE SPIDER!!!!!!!!

I don't know if it is THE spider, but it is A spider....and a bitey looking one!!!

And I got it before it bit me, I think.

This may be the last culprit. The one that bit me recently and caused the infection.

If so, I have taken revenge.

It is an ex-spider.

And it was right near my leg!!!

<shudder>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 05:26 am
@sozobe,
I can't identify it!!!

It has legs like a red back, and is the right size for a young, or male, one...but wrong abdomen.

Its legs are wrong for a white tail.

Still looks bitey...well, not so much now. They all look tragic all curled up and (hopefully) dead.

sozobe

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 05:36 am
@dlowan,
Don't test the deadness yet! May just be ailing without actually being dead. Ailing spideys can still bite.

Can you take it somewhere for ID'ing? Or post a pic here? (rosborne recently did a nifty insect ID from a photo...)
dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 05:38 am
@sozobe,
Lol! I don't know how I'd get it to uncurl for a photo!!

I don't think it will believe any honeyed words from me any more.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 09:08 pm
The bunny is a great hunter. Is that an oxymoron? Don't care. Glad the perpetrator is no more.
dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 09:42 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

The bunny is a great hunter. Is that an oxymoron? Don't care. Glad the perpetrator is no more.

I think it to be an oxymoron indeed.

But I am flattered.

Coming from a predator such as yourself.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 11:04 pm
Today was not the best of days. (This week has not been the best of weeks, actually ... sigh)

So I suppose that I shouldn't be at all surprised then, that who should I find myself face to face with this afternoon in the vegetable & herb section if Bunnings (as I am chomping into a barbecued sausage in bread, with lots of tomato sauce on), but my ex. It sort of figured that something like this was on the cards. Like I said, things haven't been great this week ...
I was 3/4 of the way through one of my long, galloping walks around my suburb and stopped by to buy some silverbeet seedlings & there he was. There they were. We (he & I) locked eyes. For quite some time. I think one of my eyebrows shot up in sort of a quirky, detached expression. Cool Then I moved on, at a very leisurely, nonchalant pace ....

When I got home, I did what anyone would do, after such an encounter. I instantly checked my face. No sign of tomato sauce on my nose, or anywhere else! Oh phew! Smile
2PacksAday

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 12:59 am
Near mid-morning, as we were approaching our destination, I motioned to my man servant that it was time to change my wardrobe....as I often do, by tapping my walking stick to my deerstalker....after watching him fumble for what seemed to be a full quarter of an hour, I finally brushed him aside and dug through the traveling trunk myself. Alas, as I had thought, my servant had failed to pack my top hat....which as any civilized person should know, is the proper attire once one has entered into a metropolitan area....the thought of being caught out of bounds in my headdress distresses me so.

Full of rage, I instructed the driver to pull to the side at once, I disembarked the carriage with the agility of a man in his late teens, and began to peel away the many layers of clothing I had heaped onto myself, as this had been quite a chilly morning, and I so fear the thought of contracting this vile suidae virus that is oft in the news of late. Off went my overcoat....off went my frock....my waistcoat, and of course my beloved deerstalker.

As the horses grazed peacefully by the roadside, I rolled up my sleeves and began to beat the inept servant about the head and shoulders with a nice stick of oak, that was approximately two inches in diameter, that I had by chance found laying about. The beating continued until just after noon, when we stopped and had a nice dish of crackers and jam, and a proper tea...then after a short nap, the beating resumed until sometime after three in the pm. I am not sure about the correct time, as it seems that my watch was jostled a bit too much during the beating and has stopped working.

At this point, my arm had grown quite tired, and I decided that the day was awash, and we simply doubled back to the estate with the intentions of returning to the city tomorrow.
dadpad

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 01:17 am
@2PacksAday,
Odds bodkins! So hard to get good help these days.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 08:39 am
@msolga,
Bastards (exes) ought not to be allowed to walk anywhere NEAR where one is.
sozobe

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 09:01 am
@dlowan,
Indeed.

Force fields would seem useful.
dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 09:29 am
@sozobe,
Set on stun, or kill?

Wink
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 03:27 pm
@dlowan,
Laughing

Indeed, Deb!
How dare he venture into my home territory! Evil or Very Mad Wink
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 05:15 pm
@2PacksAday,
Are you English 2Packs?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.06 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:26:41