WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

dlowan

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 11:49 pm
@msolga,
Oh dear.

Thing is, you'll soon adjust to the automatic, possum!!!
msolga

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 11:58 pm
@dlowan,
I will, I will, bunny. Tomorrow I am going to drive around the streets before anyone else wakes up! Wink Smile
And I must stop eating these damn chocolates. I'm starting to feel ill! (But it was just so humiliating, getting home. Sob. I had to indulge in something! Sad )
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 02:07 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
Oh dear.

Thing is, you'll soon adjust to the automatic, possum!!!

I think I've got it (sort of) under control now, Deb. Relentlessly drove the Black Beastie (a Suzuki Swift) round and around my local streets .... trying endless left hand turns, right hand turns ... getting a wee bit speedy! Wink Then (gasp) I hit the big time! I ventured into Bell Street (very busy road!), then into Sydney Road (extremely busy road!) .... About 3 times! So I think I now feel confident enough to drive the Beastie to work tomorrow. Very Happy (I seriously had my doubts.) Wish me luck!
dlowan

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 02:46 am
@msolga,
I used to have the exact same car as the G cars I drove for work...only the G cars were automatic.

It was hilarious in a weird sort of way, as these were the first automatics I had ever driven, and I was initially never sure which sort of car I was driving!

I remember getting so confused one day that I tried to give whatever the hell I was driving leg aids, as one does to direct horses, as I sort of regressed to me riding days!
msolga

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 02:51 am
@dlowan,
Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 09:39 am
marriage.

grrrr
nimh

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 04:08 pm
I was meeting two of my friends at this little cafe that has a photo gallery upstairs from it, because we were going to take a look at the exhibit there. They're already there, I join them, and walk up to the bar to quickly order a coffee for myself too. I start saying that I want a latte, but that I want it - "with really hot milk," she finishes my sentence (for some reason Hungarians drink their lattes with tepid milk). I look at her and she says, "don't you remember? I used to serve you in cafe such and so".

I should have just nodded oh yeah, but my mind wasn't fast enough and I didn't recognize her and I couldn't make out the name of the cafe she mentioned, so I was just standing there with my mouth full of teeth and had to confess that I didn't remember - and she looked so disappointed! Like, see, those assholes, customers - you work hard for them and they forget you as soon as they leave ... and to think this one had seemed to care ... something like that. I dunno, just really kind of taken aback with disappointment.

And the thing is, I'm really bad with faces and names in general, but if anything I'm always careful and attentive with people working in cafes and stuff - I mean, I've worked there myself and one of my best friends still works as barmaid - so I feel really bad about this! Poor girl. But I really cant place her ... Confused
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 04:08 pm
@shewolfnm,
Maybe you need an exotic break Wink
dlowan

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 04:15 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

Maybe you need an exotic break Wink

I think he's offering you a Dutch treat.....
nimh

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 04:38 pm
@dlowan,
Oi!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 07:33 am
I pulled a groin muscle last Wednesday and haven't been able to work out. I've gained five pounds. I am so pissed.
msolga

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 07:56 am
@eoe,
Quote:
I pulled a groin muscle last Wednesday...

Oh that sounds painful, eoe!
I assume you did this at the gym?

eoe

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 09:56 am
@msolga,
Speedwalking at the mall. Sounds crazy I know. I've done my share of lifting weights and other types of exercise throughout the years but this is a first.
I iced it and took advil and had been relatively painfree since last Saturday but today, as i began walking, i felt it and knew it would be foolish to continue. Obviously, the muscle has yet to heal. In the meantime, I was astounded by the scale yesterday and now I'm pissed because it feels like there's nothing I can do about it.
msolga

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 06:59 pm
@eoe,
I'll bet that was an aberration, eoe. Bet you weigh less today! (happens all the time.)

In the meantime, I hope the pain is subsiding.
roger

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 07:08 pm
@patiodog,
What you do in a case like this PD, you want to balance the budget, fire the beancounters. You can get all the overtime back, right there.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 07:26 pm
@roger,
Ageeing, Roger. (This is twice, eh?).

0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 08:23 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

I'll bet that was an aberration, eoe. Bet you weigh less today! (happens all the time.)

In the meantime, I hope the pain is subsiding.

You are so right. I weighed less today.
Izzie

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 12:57 pm
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggh!

*!£^*($&)*()*()&U()*£()Q*(_q - some folk - those who are closest )*()*"E*(*e£(rn)fp)wepmpnm)uew(u$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O4FS. Screaming silently. They just don't get it. Gritting teeth - grimacing badly. Silently.
spendius

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 05:47 pm
@Izzie,
Seeing XXX Reader's Wives on my new 47 inch HD telly.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 07:13 am
@Izzie,
Izzie, Don't understand what you're saying.

The IRS made me grimace and grit. Keep sending me forms to fill out from 2008 returns. When I try and call, they either put me on hold forever or won't allow me to speak. Now I learn that my incentive check for May, is to be sent me by the SS bunch. Couldn't reach them either.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 06/28/2024 at 10:27:17