WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

msolga

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 07:27 am
@eoe,
Oh good, eoe!
I did think that sounded like very fast weight gain! Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 04:39 pm
It's been a couple of very up and down months. That's a bit of an understatement.

In any case, little things are enough to set me off right now.

The old puter committed motherboard suicide just over a week ago. I picked up a new puter, and arranged to have back-up discs made. Paid decent money for it. Wanted my email and software. Got 2 discs - one with photos, one with music Confused Mad Evil or Very Mad Confused

Thanks, but I have that stuff saved already.

Drunk feels like a good idea right now

I have about 4 e-ddresses. Everything else - gone gone gone.

By the time we got the discs home and into the new puter, the old puter was gone/stripped nekkid. I could wring the little buggers neck who told me how wonderful their service was.

The puter's great, but damn and blast I need those email contacts! I miss my friends Neutral
dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 04:41 pm
@ehBeth,
you have friends?
Izzie

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 04:41 pm
@ehBeth,
you still got the same email adresses...
ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 04:44 pm
@dyslexia,
I used to <sniff>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 04:45 pm
@Izzie,
yes I do, but I don't have that many stories I haven't told myself yet <sob>
Izzie

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 04:48 pm
@ehBeth,
k - emailing the ones I know people would want you to have to your 3 adress. Hope this helps some. Some will be on facebook in their profile. x
ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 04:53 pm
@Izzie,
I love you man <uncontrolled happy weeping> !
Letty

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 05:01 pm
@ehBeth,
Man? All this time I thought that Izzie was a beautiful blonde from England.

Bethie, I really am sorry about your pc problems. You and Setanta already know that I'm a dumb blonde.

You still have my email address, right?
Izzie

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 05:02 pm
@Letty,
ha - she does now Razz
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 05:39 pm
Send her mine, too. Smile
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 05:42 pm
I don't have an email address, when I was convicted of stalking Eva, the government had all my email accounts canceled.
Eva

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 06:23 pm
@dyslexia,
Thank God.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 07:25 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
The puter's great, but damn and blast I need those email contacts! I miss my friends Neutral :

Jeez, ehBeth, what a bugger! Evil or Very Mad

Aw you didn't need this!

On the up side, though, it's just wonderful to see you here again! you have been missed ... and now you're back! HOORAY!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

(Sending email immediately, to ehBeth, the Doggy Person & the gorgeous doggies!)

0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 11:54 am
A swinging bachelor lives across the street from us. He and his present girl got into a thing right after their morning run and she started screaming "get out of my car". By now I'm in the window, looking out. Although he's trying to chill her out, she kept screaming and shouting and finally I stepped out of my front door and at the same time my husband came out of the basement door. I told them to stop all of that foolishness and hubby asked if everything was okay. The neighbor assured us that it was fine. We didn't hear a peep out of her although we could see her standing there with him. But not even a minute later, she starts screaming again "get out of my car!" and then, I guess he went into the house (I heard the door slam) but she was still outside and she started screaming even louder "give me my ****!" My husband went outside again and this time, he gave them a piece of his mind. The neighbor came back out and was very polite, accepted my husbands' tonguelashing and threat to call the cops if he couldn't resolve his situation, and he apologized for disrupting the peace. A few moments later, I suppose after she gathered her ****, she got into her car and drove away.

I'm curious to see if she comes back or not but hearing a woman scream like that, especially in a quiet and tranquil area such as this, just sets ones' teeth on edge. We've got alot of older people around here and screaming and shouting and cussing in the street is the last thing they need.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 02:53 pm
Loud music - Roma music and now cheesy Hungarian/Gypsy techno pop from the TV - blasting through the airvent. Presumably from the Roma family downstairs.

The Roma music was good, but still set my teeth on edge, since I involuntarily came home this Saturday evening because everybody seems to have bailed out on me. And the bailing out is freaking me out because it's presumably rooted in a broader shitstorm that blew up this week, and things definitely not going my way. Also, I'm neurotic. So here I am feeling abandoned and having a bit of an anxiety attack, and the neighbours are pumping out getting-ready-to-party music. Not appreciated. Plus, this cheesy techno pop stuff is just obnoxious.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 04:22 pm
@nimh,
I live in a duplex and am really pleased re the sound barrier (one thing the developer here did well) between our two places. I hardly ever hear them inside at all, when I can tell if I am standing outside in my driveway that they don't spare the music. And I can feel free to play my own music as loud as I want. I appreciate this so much since back in Venice we went through some years with the electric guitarist from hell about eight feet away from us with his window wide open. I had my first truly homicidal thoughts. Or at least guitar-cidal.

Too bad, as I'm sure you don't want to shut off your air vent.
nimh

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 04:51 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah no - and I usually actually like having sounds wafting in from this way or that, whether it's a cab driver down in the square playing the radio with his door open or the sound of kids through the courtyard. But yeah, sometimes it sucks big time. I did have to move my bed from the small bedroom in the back of the apartment to the living room cause somebody turns on the radio to max volume at the exact same time every morning - and leaves it on like that for a couple of hours.

Burden of inner city life I guess.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 05:50 pm
@nimh,
Right. I'm an urban girl or urban elder now, so my complaints about all that are usually not full out wails. My place here is my first extended time in any kind of housing tract, all strange to me in many ways even though in the old days I did some tract design, gah), and something of a mistake that I can't afford to fix by moving more urb. One thing I do have is one neighbor with a car that growls (love it) and Unser Boulevard behind the wall of my small back yard, which is sort of a speed through. Even one of the Unsers (race car family) was caught on it, something of a local foofuraw. Otherwise it would be too damned quiet. There are lots of families with kids here, much to like while I whine about non urb phenomena such as a miserable bus system.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 06:02 pm
A couple of weeks before mrs. hamburger died, I started grinding my teeth in my sleep. Quel surprise.

In any case, incredible horrible pain resulted. The timing wasn't good for a trip to the dentist, so I just popped some Tylenol and marched on.

Today at the dentist - looks of horror from the hygienist. I knew I'd sprained (or something similar) my jaw, but apparently I'd also bruised my gums on one side and jammed something in behind a wisdom tooth creating a cavity. The dentist zoomed in, looked in, "you need to come back soon". mmmmmmm ok.

Grinding your teeth can make your dentist grimace.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 06/26/2024 at 04:37:18