WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

George

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 07:53 am
@msolga,
Not that it's any consolation, but you could probably sue the jerk.
dlowan

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 07:56 am
@George,
Using what for money?
George

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 08:01 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
Using what for money?

Sorry, I'm having a particularly dense day.
I don't understand.
sozobe

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 08:10 am
@George,
I'm not certain but I took it to mean that it'd cost to bring the suit (lawyers, etc.) and that msolga doesn't have much extra money laying around...
dlowan

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:19 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

I'm not certain but I took it to mean that it'd cost to bring the suit (lawyers, etc.) and that msolga doesn't have much extra money laying around...

Yuppers.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:46 pm
@sozobe,
I see.
dlowan

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 03:43 pm
@George,
Also...thank heavens...Oz isn't as insanely litigous as the USA...yet.
George

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 03:52 pm
@dlowan,
Be grateful for small mercies.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 05:17 pm
Oof not a fun day. Nothing I loaded today worked. Absolutely nothing. The silver lining is that at least I was home during this. So the wash got done.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:33 am
Just found out my best friend has been told she has bone cancer. We'll find out more next Tuesday. Not a good day!
George

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:43 am
@Tarah,
So sorry to hear that, Tarah.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:50 am
@Tarah,
So sorry too Tarah...

x
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 01:52 pm
@Tarah,
Me too, Tarah. Oof.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 03:37 pm
Thanks so much for that. In the last couple of years I've lost two other friends and although it's terribly sad, I didn't see them very often. This lady is one of the mainstays of my life and I'm willing her to get better. Maybe the doctor will give her good news on Tuesday. We'll see. Thanks again everyone.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 03:40 pm
@Tarah,
Let us know.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 09:25 pm
@George,
Thanks for your concern, George.
Actually, I'm more offended & put out that this fellow didn't have the decency to tell his customers what had happened. I mean, any employer can have the misfortune to have unethical employees ... but it's quite another thing, having sacked this employee, to have left his customers in the dark, when their computeres were at risk. I honestly thought he was better than that.
I suppose he's received his "punishment" though .... many of his customers are now former customers & I gather he has been sued (or some form of legal action has been taken) by one of the companies whose products he sold. He's now in the process of selling the building that houses his business & it looks like his business will be home-based again - where he started out, something like 15 years ago. So .......
George

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 10:14 pm
@msolga,
Sometimes justice (as well as that other stuff) happens.
Glad to see you took quick action to safeguard yourself.
msolga

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 10:53 pm
@George,
Thank you!
I hope everything is OK. Time will tell, hey?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 05:55 pm
Grrr...

Some newish neighbors of ours that we have been friendly with invited us and one other family to dinner tonight. Great, thanks!

The invitation was made Monday or so, first in person and then via email when I requested it, to make sure I got the details right. (She is not American and has a fairly distracting accent.) We reiterated that email was the best way to contact me during that exchange (she knows I'm deaf). Wednesday night, sozlet got sick (barfed). I kept her home Thursday and sent an email that day to neighbor responding to a question and also saying (here I quote,):

I wrote:
HOWEVER, [sozlet] was sick last night and is home from school today. It's not clear yet if she's completely over it. We'll update you tomorrow, hopefully she'll be all better.

If she is, what time would you like us to be there?

Neighbor then wrote back saying what time she'd like us to be there (6).*

Sozlet barfed again last night. This morning, at 7:24 AM, I sent the following email:

I wrote:
Bad news -- [sozlet] is still sick. She was doing so much better yesterday but then had another episode last night.

Looks like we won't be able to make it to dinner tonight.

Thanks again for the invitation!

At 6:25 PM, the phone rang. Sozlet answered (E.G. isn't home yet). It was neighbor person wondering where we were! (She hadn't checked her email yet today evidently.)

Grimace, grit, grind, grrrrrrrrrr....

*So she read the email saying that sozlet was sick and that I would update her later. It might be a comprehension thing, not sure. She seems fluent, just has an accent. Her emails are flawlessly colloquial/ conversational.
msolga

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 06:06 pm
@sozobe,
Ugh, I hate it when wires get crossed like this, soz.

Probably the quickest & smoothest way out of this (though you did all the right things) is simply to knock on her door & briefly explain that there's been a communication stuff up. Better than having bad feelings lingering, lingering, lingering ...

A thought: any chance that someone else was doing the emailing on her behalf? (Given a possible language problem) & hasn't properly filled her in on your messages?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 07/08/2024 at 01:46:12