WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

msolga

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 09:12 pm
Walking out into viciously bright sunlight today (with sunglasses on, even)after one of those eye checks requiring pupil dilation drops. Eeek! Ow! Shocked
littlek

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 09:15 pm
@msolga,
Ugh!

I almost fell asleep in the second math class I was 'co-teaching' today. It was a long first-day back after the winter break.
msolga

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 09:52 pm
@littlek,
Ah, that's (almost) happened to me a few times,too, k! Embarrassed
Stuffy classrooms on really hot days.
Bet you sleep really well tonight, though!
George

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 08:09 am
Hammertoes and a bunion. I need a new right foot.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 01:08 pm
I bought 4 mangos and two of them were bad. Otherwise it's been rather a lovely day.
spendius

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 01:44 pm
@Tarah,
I've been cringing even at some of the things the Fountofwisdom has been calling Setanta.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 04:46 pm
@msolga,
have not been sleeping well. Sigh. Or rather grimace and grit.

Hellacious meeting today (edited out the nasty words....)
msolga

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 04:41 am
@littlek,
Sorry to hear this k. Anything (as well as work!) worrying you?
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 07:24 am
@littlek,
What happened at the !@#$%^&* meeting?
(...unless you don't want to talk about it...)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 06:06 pm
MsOlga, yes! (Are you getting tired of my ranting about school?) I had to replace some electrical components in my casr before xmas and now I hear that my muffler is going. And my parents retirement has diminished to the point where they are stressed and calling in their loans. They are considering selling their home.

George - Everyone had the student's best interests at heart and had significant differences in opinion about what we should do to help him. We didn't have opposing views, though it may have sounded that way given the raised voices and sometimes angry words. There was no clear leader for the meeting (the point person is hard to define). And the outside neuropsychologist was basing a lot of her commentary on testing she did with the astudent two years ago. Now our school psych. has to synthesize the whole meeting into a plan to move forward with.
spendius

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 06:18 pm
@littlek,
Reading that.

I pursed my lips as well and sucked in air sharply through my gritted teeth.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 07:39 am
@littlek,
This sounds a lot like the kind of meetings we used to have with Spec Ed in
Stoneham when Clive was in the system. We brought in a neuropsychologist
at our own expense and her input was invaluable.

Now our attention is focussed on getting Clive employed. He's gotten some
contract jobs through Mass Rehab, but as you know, this is a tough time.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 07:48 am
@littlek,
Crikey, k, that's very worrying about your parents! Scary stuff.

It's awful when what you really need is a new car, but can't afford it, isn't it? Bottomless pit ... one repair job after another! Sigh.

(No, I'm not at all sick of you talking about school. Smile )
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 12:20 pm
Same here, k. I'm not at all tired of hearing about your job. Vent away!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 06:37 am
Yet another reason to G & G! <gnash gnash>

... Finding out, when I rang my tech help fellow (of something like 7 years) that one of his assistants had passed on/sold heaps of email contact addresses, plus passwords to god-knows-who! Shocked I was told this (almost incidentally) when I rang to enquire about some computer problems I'd been experiencing. Thing is, this happened around June of last year & the offending fellow has long gone ... but I wasn't told & I gather, neither were lots of other folk who have their computers serviced there! I was not pleased! Evil or Very Mad So I changed my password right away & took my computer to a new place yesterday.
littlek

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 04:03 pm
@msolga,
Yikes! That's rotten of the computer service!
Izzie

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 04:06 pm
Waiting for someone to turn up... who didn't - and kicking myself for not knowing better!

<waves to G&G crew>
George

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 04:25 pm
@Izzie,
Quote:
Waiting for someone to turn up... who didn't - and kicking myself for not knowing better!

Sounds awfully disappointing.
I've been there.
Izzie

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 04:41 pm
@George,
I can be terribly stupid at times. I'll learn!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 04:54 pm
@littlek,
Quote:
Yikes! That's rotten of the computer service!

Yes, isn't it, k? Particularly since I've been a customer of this fellow (a small operation) for years now! I'd gotten to know him quite well. Inexcusable not to tell me about his former employee's activities!

... And there I was wondering why I kept getting emails (to from Trend Micro) bribing me to update , when I'd already updated (via my now ex-tech help) in November! THEN, recently started receiving strange, quite disruptive pop up messages from "Trend"! Grrrrrr!

Anyway, I now have new tech help, plus a new anti-virus program . Much closer to home, too!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 08:49:41