WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

dlowan

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 07:47 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

Why?

(Can't tell if it's a debwabbit dig or if something happened to you, veterinarily-speaking.)

IOt's always dewabbit that suffers.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 10:18 pm
this stupid hacking cough
how am I supposed to enjoy the long weekend like this

is there caffeine in this cough syrup? I'm way too awake right now. Evil or Very Mad Confused Twisted Evil
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:06 pm
There probably is something like caffeine in it, ehBeth. Hope you're feeling a bit better by now, despite the lack of sleep ...

Me, I'm gritting & grimacing hideously today! Just filled out an official form to appoint an adminstrator to take control of my mother's affairs. My sister has just about wiped out my all of my mother's savings (in one year! Shocked ) & has also recently deposited her in an aged care facility, to boot! I would MUCH rather stay out of this altogether (for very good historical reasons, trust me!) but feel I have no choice but to do what needs to be done - to ensure that my mother can afford to get whatever necessary care she needs. This is causing me lots of anxiety. I so dread the hearing that will follow! Awful. Sad
Rockhead

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:08 pm
@msolga,
My sympathies msolga.

(fight the good fight)
msolga

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:10 pm
@Rockhead,
Thank you, Rockhead. (This is giving me anxiety attacks & sleepless nights. Sob.)
Rockhead

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:13 pm
@msolga,
If you have DP's e-mail, he can share mine with you.

I am on a similar mission, albeit upside up...)

(some version of the serenity prayer is always good)
msolga

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:21 pm
@Rockhead,
Thank you again, Rockhead.
But I'm in such a state after filling out that bloody form & writing a letter to my mother's doctor for necessary medical reports (she has Alzheimers disease) that I can't figure out who exactly DP is!!!!! Laughing Shocked Wink

But don't worry, it'll come to me when I've calmed down. Yes it will!

My sympathy to you, for going through similar stuff. It's NOT nice at all!
Rockhead

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:24 pm
@msolga,
dadpad, or Izzie, and mebbe Dutchy.

I think the bunny has a dead one, she don't speak much at me anymore.

(and a hug)
msolga

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:27 pm
@Rockhead,
Dadpad! Of course! <slapping forehead>
I'll contact him or Dutchy for your email address, Rockhead. This is very good of you! Smile
msolga

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:48 pm
@msolga,
(Dutchy has been emailed, Rockhead!)
Rockhead

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:50 pm
@msolga,
I can't promise his is current, but he and Miz Iz correspond 'bout as often as she and I, I gather.

Every day is a new one, some good, some best forgotten...
msolga

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:54 pm
@Rockhead,
No doubt I'll find out before too long. (I think it'll be OK)

... in the meantime, I think I'll put on my runners & dart around the streets of my suburb to let off a bit of steam!

Thanks again, Rockhead!
Rockhead

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:57 pm
@msolga,
anytime, and Dink says hey to the upside down felines...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:59 pm
@msolga,
I've been through it, three times. Horrendous, horrendous, stress - hard to even talk about after a bunch of years. I feel for you, msolga, and RH, and Iz.
msolga

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 07:02 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you, osso.
So this is not such an uncommon story?
Some people seem to turn into monsters at the possibility of financial gain. By whatever means. Pretty creepy stuff! Sad
Rockhead

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 07:06 pm
@msolga,
Really creepy stuff.

(Osso still has a current address as well...)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 07:51 pm
@msolga,
I too am sorry to hear about your mother (and your sister, grrr). I am a long way off from your shoes right now, but I've watched my parents care for their elders over the last couple of decades.

Good luck. Breath. Take time for yourself.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 09:29 pm
This has been a while in coming, msolga, and sorry it arrived where it did. I feel for you big time. Snarling, too.

I didn't have a sibling to contend with, but Alzheimer's and a parent are not easy under the best of circumstances.

Sympathetic and with you, kid.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 09:43 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

There probably is something like caffeine in it, ehBeth. Hope you're feeling a bit better by now, despite the lack of sleep ...

Me, I'm gritting & grimacing hideously today! Just filled out an official form to appoint an adminstrator to take control of my mother's affairs. My sister has just about wiped out my all of my mother's savings (in one year! Shocked ) & has also recently deposited her in an aged care facility, to boot! I would MUCH rather stay out of this altogether (for very good historical reasons, trust me!) but feel I have no choice but to do what needs to be done - to ensure that my mother can afford to get whatever necessary care she needs. This is causing me lots of anxiety. I so dread the hearing that will follow! Awful. Sad

Oh boy.

Kinda been thereish.

Poor baby.

You vent, and maybe we can even help a bit?
dlowan

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 09:45 pm
@msolga,
Yes...I have two friends in it right now.

I have been at a number of hearings, Msolga.....but in my state...if I can help at all...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 11:03:58