WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

msolga

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 12:51 am
@dlowan,
Yep Deb, Oh boy!

I can't believe this is actually happening. I really wish it wasn't happening. It is just awful. I want to run far, far away & just hide from these problems. But it looks like I can't do that. Very nasty things on the horizon, I know! Sad
Endymion

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 07:17 am
@msolga,
hey Olga - this sounds like hell
sorry to hear it

maybe you could start a thread -? Seems like a lot of people have good advice to give and who knows who may benefit from it?
You could let off steam every day then - save a bit of wear and tear on your running shoes!

peace
e
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 07:16 pm
Thank God everybody in my dysfunctional family is mired in debt...
msolga

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 07:37 pm
@patiodog,
Soon everyone in my family will be broke, too, patiodog. (including the money-grabbing evil sister. She manages to dispose of her ill-gotten gains remarkably quickly!) Which should take some of the heat off. Wink
I hope!

Thank you everyone for your sympathy & kindness on this thread & via email yesterday. Much appreciated. I'm trying to put the situation to one side today. Wasted a whole day feeling absolutely crappy. Trying hard not to do that again today. But I know .... later, later, it will bite me on the bum! Sad
msolga

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 07:52 pm
... which brings me to my next reason for gritting & grimacing: a hang-over. Now I'm here to tell you that plonk is not the best way to cope with stress! I will try to be more sensible in future! Embarrassed
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 12:32 am
@msolga,
Quote:
Wasted a whole day feeling absolutely crappy

I found out today that "crapulence" is really a word, and relates to inebriation -- so today you feel crappy, too! I wish the ugly sister would go away for you.

I'm off to the pub.
msolga

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 01:47 am
@margo,
Quote:
I wish the ugly sister would go away for you.
Quote:

Me too! Fervently!

I'm off to the pub.

Have a good night, margo. Enjoy yourself! Very Happy

msolga

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 01:50 am
@msolga,
Something went rather wrong with my margo quotes (above). I would try to fix it, but I suspect I would only make things worse! So I'll leave it be. You know what I mean, margo! Wink
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 01:52 am
So ... I'm the only one in this online community G & G-ing?

This I doubt!

Feel free to post your gripes now! Very Happy
Tai Chi

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 06:49 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

This I doubt!

Well....I have a rotten head cold. (I think I caught it from ehBeth on line -- is that even possible? A computer to computer virus, perhaps?)
dlowan

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 07:27 am
@Tai Chi,
Tai Chi wrote:

msolga wrote:

This I doubt!

Well....I have a rotten head cold. (I think I caught it from ehBeth on line -- is that even possible? A computer to computer virus, perhaps?)

Strong mojo, that ehBeth.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 02:22 am
@Tai Chi,
Quote:

Could be, could be, Tai.

...or perhaps it's some sort of Canadian virus?

Either way, sorry to hear you're so unwell. (Don't forget the hot lemon drink with honey & some aspirin, just before bed. Best way to get a reasonable night's sleep when feeling so crook!)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 07:14 pm
realizing i just finished working a 64-hour week.
i am truly thankful for the thanksgiving break this year...
msolga

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 02:20 am
@Region Philbis,
Jeez Region, how often do you have a week like this? Can't be good for your health!
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 03:37 am
@msolga,
ms olga, it's been about 20 years since i worked like this.
we have a big project with outrageously unrealistic deadlines, plus we're under-staffed.
no, not a very healthy lifestyle at tall.

we lost our internet connection yesterday, so instead of trying to fix it, i gave up and called it a day...
nimh

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 05:26 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

No.. this forum, for one, has been making me G&G.. and no, not the lay-out/design stuff, mostly just people's responses.. it seems like more often or not, when you post something you just get grumpy responses. It's something that comes and goes though, that feeling I mean.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 07:58 am
First snow of the year comes on a Monday morning. Bad omen.
sozobe

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 08:01 am
@patiodog,
Columbus got snow before Madison. Weird.

(What makes snow on a Monday a bad omen?)
jespah

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:41 pm
@sozobe,
Server password expired. Now no one can get in.

Totally freakin' awesome!

-- and I mean that in a sarcastic way.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 04:04 am
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
ms olga, it's been about 20 years since i worked like this.
we have a big project with outrageously unrealistic deadlines, plus we're under-staffed.
no, not a very healthy lifestyle at tall.

I hope, then, that you're very much appreciated by management, Region. So of course you received a huge bonus for your super duper effort?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.07 seconds on 06/14/2024 at 12:31:45