WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

spendius

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 05:27 pm
@Roberta,
I would make sure I was disqualified.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 05:42 pm
I was in line at the drug store when adults with a 7-8 year old boy said they were going to sell him on ebay. They said it with a smile, but I wasn't amused.

Same drug store: an ancient woman in bright red shorts and a white shirt with an enormous american flag on it and I crossed paths near a halloween display. There were black and green lipsticks, fake eyelashes, black and orange nail polish. She said, "Ha!" I looked at her, puzzled. "That reminds me of what Sarah Palin said!" I wondered aloud what Sarah Palin said, thinking it was about halloween being evil or something. But, no. The woamn quoted the pitbulls with lipstick quip I had previously hated so much from her convention speech.

What does that have to do with halloween?
dlowan

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:04 pm
@littlek,
Dunno...but it WAS kind of scary and weird...(the pitbull comment)...isn't that supposed to be a bit what Halloween is about?
littlek

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:07 pm
@dlowan,
This woman wasn't thinking it was scary or weird. She was digging it (the Palin comment).
dlowan

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:31 pm
@littlek,
That's what makes it REALLY scary and weird.

It's like squaring numbers.
mac11

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:34 pm
@littlek,
Perhaps pit bulls prefer green lipstick.
littlek

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:54 pm
@mac11,
Well, this vision in R,W&B wasn't wearing green lipstick. She looked like she'd put her makeup on in the dark. I shouldn't make fun of old people. But, she had used black mascara on her eyebrows and rose red lipstick on her mouth which she pointed to when she gave the Palin Punch Line.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:54 pm
@dlowan,
Scaring numbers is rational and orderly - nothing scary there. Move along folks.

edit: er.... Squaring numbers, not scaring them.....
littlek

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 10:19 pm
@littlek,
More grimaces. I have been extra cranky these days. I think this has to do with the long-term lack of cash.

I am still good friends with an ex-boyfriend of mine in GA. He sends me news of my old friends there. Or at least of people I used to know. Some of them I really never liked that much. (heh!).

Item 1: an ex....um...date (?he wasn't really a boyfriend, sort of more than a date, not really much more than a f-buddy, I guess) is now a news-caster for CNN.

Item 2: when I moved from NM to GA I moved with a group of people. Some guys in a band and the wife of one of the members who I was friends with. Once in Athens the band sort of fell apart. There were drugs, a big music scene, lots of single people. Some of the group became involved with serious drugs, all were sleeping around (except me! I swear!) and we were all not speaking for a while. I maintained my friendship with the wife and her husband though they nearly divorced. They're happy now with kids. Anyway, I recently got news about the person I liked least, the one who was always the 'partner-in-crime' with my boyfriend, the one who screwed over a friend, the one who lost the most to drugs: the weenie, in short. He is the chairman of the chamber of commerce. WTF?
dlowan

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 11:34 pm
@littlek,
Quote:
He is the chairman of the chamber of commerce. WTF?

Makes a lot of sense to me.
littlek

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 11:18 am
@dlowan,
How so?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 03:33 pm
Seeing two three year old girls who had been playing together all afternoon at putting dolls to bed bawling and wailing with real tears running down their cheeks when their mothers separated them to go for their eveing meal.

It was heart-rending never mind grimacing. And the noise was truly awful.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 09:27 pm
I stopped at Rite Aid this afternoon and as I got out of my car, I noticed two little girls in a car by themselves. The baby was in a car seat in the back. A four year old (maybe) was in the front seat with no seat belt on drinking a 2 liter bottle of cola. I grit my teeth and started heading to the store. I saw a gaunt woman leaving the store. She stooped over to scoop up a still-burning ciggarette and kept on going. I looked back over my shoulder to see - it was her kids in that car. She got in with the cigarette burning. I grimaced, I'm sure.
spendius

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 04:53 am
@littlek,
I grimaced and gritted my teeth reading that littlek. The Government should make you Commisar of Personal Behaviour and then the whole of society would be made up of people as wonderful and compassionate as what you are.

littlek

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 03:33 pm
@spendius,
Er, that's a bit much, Spendi, and quite possibly sarcastic. But, they should enforce laws like where children are allowed to ride in cars.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 02:02 am
@spendius,
Crikey, spendius! Why should little kids be forced to be stuck in a confined space, breathing in someone's second-hand smoke? You think that's OK? What's judgemental about finding that upsetting? Confused
spendius

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 06:35 am
@msolga,
Allowing certain ladies to parade their moral superiority without comment. They must mean well. But "gaunt" didn't.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 07:03 am
trying to find a simple part time job is proving to be superbly difficult..

( pulls hair)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 05:01 pm
Devotees of the House Rabbit Society...
sozobe

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 05:16 pm
@patiodog,
Why?

(Can't tell if it's a debwabbit dig or if something happened to you, veterinarily-speaking.)

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 06:29:43