WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

au1929

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 08:50 am
I called my medical insurance carrier to ask a question and get information about a bill and ran into my friend of a thousand questions. The computer answering service. Of course none of the questions were relative to my question. After a few minutes I had a urge to rip the phone out of the wall.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 03:30 am
Hi Clary, I'm afraid I've been AWOL but have seen the error of my ways and am very much back here now.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 03:41 am
Glad to hear that! Hope life is good in your neck of the woods.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 03:49 am
Tarah wrote:
Good and bad. The good is I got a big order for my new book from Amazon. Bad is that they don't cover postage so I'm having to drive up the motorway this morning to deliver them.

What new book? I didn't know you wrote books! (although why should I?)
I like books.
Cool
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 02:42 pm
For anyone who was worried on my behalf, the biopsy results showed benign tissue was removed.

The news will make for a happier Thanksgiving for me!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 02:56 pm
mac11 wrote:
For anyone who was worried on my behalf, the biopsy results showed benign tissue was removed.

Yay!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 02:57 pm
Hoorah, mac. and my boy is better as well.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 03:00 pm
That's good news!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 03:08 pm
Very good news...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 03:10 pm
Woo-hoo! :-D
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 03:13 pm
Great news, Letty AND mac!!!

(I didn't even know about the biopsy or I would have said something earlier. Embarrassed )

Looks like we have more to be thankful for tomorrow.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 03:51 pm
Mac and Letty, that's double good news.

McTag, the book is called "Get Out Of My Head!" and is about OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and was featured on This Morning (UK television show) last week. Since then my website has been going crazy with orders and we've had to reprint.

To be honest, we don't want people buying it through Amazon as they take such a huge cut we're almost working at a loss.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 04:00 pm
Let's not forget JPB's brother-in-law, y'all.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 09:46 pm
Phew! You all had be worried!

I am grimacing and red-cheeked tonight. I came to the cape for a long weekend. I packed a large shopping tote full of little pumpkins, one similar tote filled with various food stuffs, a 15 lb turkey, a pair of sneakers, a cat, cat's insulin, food and syringes to the car and left for cpae cod. My suitcase is still on the bed. ! I'll repeat, I left my suitcase at home. My sister will swing by to collect it for me on her way hear tomorrow. What a dumbass I am!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:13 pm
Letty wrote:
Let's not forget JPB's brother-in-law, y'all.

I'm not forgetting. I hope JPB and family will be especially thankful this year, because they get one more Thanksgiving with BIL there.

Kinda puts everything in perspective, doesn't it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 04:58 am
mac11 wrote:

Yippeeee!

Excellent news, mac!

Phew! D
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 05:00 am
Letty wrote:
....my boy is better as well.

Yippeee # 2!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 05:08 am
Had an abominable job interview today. Aggghhh!
You know, when everything goes wrong? Yep, that was mine. Normally I'm pretty good in interview situations, but this one .... Shocked
I can't bring myself to talk about the details. I'm trying to forget about it. I still don't know the outcome (they'd be following up referees now) but I'm not exactly optimistic. Sad
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 05:10 am
Tarah wrote:
Mac and Letty, that's double good news.

McTag, the book is called "Get Out Of My Head!" and is about OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and was featured on This Morning (UK television show) last week. Since then my website has been going crazy with orders and we've had to reprint.

To be honest, we don't want people buying it through Amazon as they take such a huge cut we're almost working at a loss.

Well done, Mac and Letty. Good news.

Tarah, I Googled for that (on Amazon UK, sorry) and Well Done You!
Enjoy your success.

£4.99, that's cheap for a paperback nowadays, too. I'll look for it in Waterstone's.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 05:16 am
mac11 wrote:

My wife noticed last night that one side of my face was more swollen than the other.

But it was only fat, so I had an extra lamb & mint sandwich to celebrate.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.06 seconds on 07/02/2024 at 09:17:15