WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

Clary

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 05:19 am
Yum! So you are the oft-mentioned Hamster on the threads.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 05:23 am
Eva wrote:
Great news, Letty AND mac!!!

(I didn't even know about the biopsy or I would have said something earlier. Embarrassed )

Looks like we have more to be thankful for tomorrow.

I ditto that!

Excellent news, ladies.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 06:45 am
I didn't see this...

Sorry!

So happy...

Sarah
x
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 03:53 pm
littlek wrote:
My suitcase is still on the bed. ! I'll repeat, I left my suitcase at home. My sister will swing by to collect it for me on her way hear tomorrow. What a dumbass I am!

aw, that's not nearly as bad as the time i left my wedding ring on the sink in the men's room of a chinese restaurant in sacramento.

on our honeymoon, no less.

perhaps some day i'll tell the entire story -- which does have a happy ending -- but not here, not now...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 03:59 pm
...& I left my whole handbag (you'd call it a purse, I think) at home yesterday & consequently turned up to a job interview minus my reading glasses! Shocked I had to borrow some magnifying glasses from one of the women in the office in order to proceed! Duh! Embarrassed Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 04:06 pm
At least there was a happy reunion...... me and my suitcase.

MsOlga, we use both handbag and purse. I tend toward handbag.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 04:23 pm
Okay, so I tell it.

Have been to the university library. Looked through some books, got my ordered books (by interlending), had a coffee and drove the 30 miles back.

When I wanted to open the house door, I noticed that I had my key for mother's home in the pocket but not ours.
Panic, since no-one else in the house for two hours.
Thinking.
Very Happy
I've been to the toilet when at university.
Driving back, hoping for some honest soul.

And when I asked for them at the info, I remembered that loosing them that way was impossible since ... I don't sit down when peeing Embarrassed

They were in the cellar door. I forgot them there when bringing down some washings Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 04:36 pm
what i have done - more than once - i hate to admit :
we have a burglar alarm .
so we come home ; i umlock the door and enter the code to turn off the alarm .
i close the door ... and leave the key in the door !
ususally i notice it before we go to bed , but a couple of times i was looking for the key in the morning ... and found that it was still in the lock (on the outside ! Rolling Eyes ) .
we do seem to have pretty decent neighbours , it seems ; they haven't sent as to the looney bin ... yet .
hbg
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 06:15 pm
msolga, did you get the job?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 08:20 pm
Yeah, MsOlga....?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 12:26 am
Have you ever just had one of those weeks?

....and is this the thread where one can just shout AAAAAARRRRGH! ?

TFIF!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 12:39 am
Tara & k

You obviously didn't read my earlier post yesterday:

msolga wrote:
Had an abominable job interview today. Aggghhh!
You know, when everything goes wrong? Yep, that was mine. Normally I'm pretty good in interview situations, but this one .... Shocked
I can't bring myself to talk about the details. I'm trying to forget about it. I still don't know the outcome (they'd be following up referees now) but I'm not exactly optimistic. Sad

So did I get the job after all that? Laughing

The answer is I still don't know. (It can take up to a week to find out, depending on how long it takes the interview panel to track down your referees.)
But, as you may have gathered, I'm not banking on it!
But at least I've stopped aggghhhh-ing today. Last night I felt just frightful after that interview! Shocked Confused Sad Crying or Very sad Embarrassed

Thanks for asking, though.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 02:43 am
msolga wrote:
Tara & k

You obviously didn't read my earlier post yesterday:

msolga wrote:
Had an abominable job interview today. Aggghhh!
You know, when everything goes wrong? Yep, that was mine. Normally I'm pretty good in interview situations, but this one .... Shocked
I can't bring myself to talk about the details. I'm trying to forget about it. I still don't know the outcome (they'd be following up referees now) but I'm not exactly optimistic. Sad

So did I get the job after all that? Laughing

The answer is I still don't know. (It can take up to a week to find out, depending on how long it takes the interview panel to track down your referees.)
But, as you may have gathered, I'm not banking on it!
But at least I've stopped aggghhhh-ing today. Last night I felt just frightful after that interview! Shocked Confused Sad Crying or Very sad Embarrassed

Thanks for asking, though.

Oh man, I hear you.

Bad interviews are the stuff of nightmare.

But, good luck!!!
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 02:50 am
No, sorry I hadn't read your other post. I've put dismal interviews down to experience and entertained many a friend with the horrors of them.

And I'd like to put in an official complaint about the title of this thread - no gritting of teeth today please. I'm about to go to the dentist for a check-up and I've lost a filling.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 02:53 am
Thanks, Deb!

To my credit, though, I must tell you that I persisted valiantly, despite the disastrous bits. I'm pretty proud of myself, actually ... Grace & persistence in the midst of a crappy mess! Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 02:59 am
Tarah wrote:
No, sorry I hadn't read your other post. I've put dismal interviews down to experience and entertained many a friend with the horrors of them.

And I'd like to put in an official complaint about the title of this thread - no gritting of teeth today please. I'm about to go to the dentist for a check-up and I've lost a filling.

I'm putting the interview behind me, Tarah. Cool

Speaking of dentists, that's where I spent some of my time this morning. It seemed like complete & utter bliss after that interview yesterday! Laughing

Good luck with your visit!
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 05:37 am
I've now got an appointment for the filling for next Thursday morning at 8. Today was to see the hygienist who for the first time ever told me I had healthy gums. Shame about the poor tooth though!

Expect to see me on this thread moaning and groaning next Thursday. I'll need lots of TLC - I'm such a baby.

hamburger, I love your story. My parents once went on holiday and were so busy with the suitcase they forgot to close the front door.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 06:05 am
msolga wrote:
...& I left my whole handbag (you'd call it a purse, I think) at home yesterday & consequently turned up to a job interview minus my reading glasses! Shocked I had to borrow some magnifying glasses from one of the women in the office in order to proceed! Duh! Embarrassed Rolling Eyes

My American friend in Connecticut calls it a pocket book! Such confusion!

"Where's my pocket book?"

(I knew her handbag was on the theatre (theater) seat under my jacket (coat))

"Whaaaa?"

Panic!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 04:04 pm
I know, McTag!It can be so confusing wondering exactly these foreigners are actually talking about! Confused :wink:

A purse it an itty bitty thing to keep your cash & credit cards in. You keep it in your handbag or your pocket.

And a pocket book is surely a small book one keeps in one's pocket?

Yes?

Sometimes I require a translator!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 04:19 pm
Tarah wrote:
Expect to see me on this thread moaning and groaning next Thursday. I'll need lots of TLC - I'm such a baby.

Feel free to, Tarah!
This thread is the perfect place for wingeing, moaning & groaning! You can throw in a few aaaghhhhs & also Shocked Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad too! I find it really helps one get one's message across!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.06 seconds on 07/05/2024 at 03:54:35