WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

Tarah

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 03:57 pm
I hope your son's doing okay, Letty. So sorry he's back in hospital.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 04:03 pm
Letty wrote:
son's back in the hospital.

Best wishes to Letty and son of Letty.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 04:17 pm
thanks, msolga, Tarah, and JPB. Have talked to him twice today. He sounds a little better.

When he was in the first grade, he had a tendency to be hyper. His teacher, who was a dear, put her hand on his head in gentle reproach, and all he said was:

"What have I done wrong now."

I did cheer him up a bit when I got him on the phone and sang Shake, Rattle and Roll to him.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 05:53 pm
My BIL is terminal. My sister is holding vigil, keeping him comfortable, waiting for the end, and hoping he doesn't suffer. She thinks the end is imminent and says things such as, "he can't get much worse". There are no absolutes and no prescribed patterns that terminal patients all follow, but from my years in clinical situations I don't think they are as close to the end as she seems to think.

Part of me wants to prepare her for a long haul, another part tells me to let her take each day as it comes.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 07:13 pm
Ooof, sorry to see both pieces of bad news. Hope the outcome is as good as can be hoped for in each.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 07:23 pm
So, Letty, hand out to you here, sweets. And hand to your son.

JPB, hard to figure, not to mention that you don't want to seem know it all, expecially since it's possible you're off on it, but (knowing you, not likely). Thing is, should you warn her and be bad news bearer...

Your sister is one situation and her husband another - he could be apt to seek time.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 07:33 pm
Hugs to Letty. I hope your son heal squickly.

Hugs to you, too JB, and your sister. Such sad news.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 07:39 pm
Why is your son in the hospital, Letty? (Unless it's too private, of course.) I'm glad to hear he sounds better, but hope he can go home soon.

JPB, just be there to listen. That's all you can do, but it's more than you realize.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 07:40 pm
i missed that your son was sick letty, hope all is well and he recovers quickly

sorry to hear of your family's trouble JPB, my thoughts with you and yours
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 08:40 pm
My thoughts are with you both, Letty and JPB.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 12:24 am
Wishing all the very best!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 01:14 am
That's good to hear, Letty.
Let's hope he perks up a bit more & soon. Very Happy

Any news, mac?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 03:28 am
My goodness....wishing everyone's loved ones and Mac and the ankle and all good health.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 06:44 am
Thanks to everyone. Nothing as yet today about my son. JPB, much love to you and your sister.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 07:13 am
My thanks to all as well. mac, you make me smile.

Osso, you're absolutely right; they are each in their own situation. I'm doing as Eva suggests ~ just being there and listening. I'm taking my cues from my sister. She's in FL, doesn't want anyone flying in now or after. I've told her that she gets to change her mind at any point.

I'm leaving early tomorrow to spend T-Day with Mr B's grandparents. I hope all the folks with G&Gs get some good news and will send healing vibes to those with injuries.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 07:24 am
I cannot install a Microsoft patch. My computer keeps rejecting the installation. I went into some geek forums, and thre seems to be a problem with this patch. From what I have read, with the security that I have on my computer, I could live without the patch. The problem is Microsoft won't let go. I keep getting a message that my patch is ready to install, and when I try to install it, for the umteenth time, it fails, again! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 07:22 pm
discovering i can no longer access A2k from work, due to upgraded fire-wall software...
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 09:18 pm
No news about the biopsy. The good news is that I was too busy today to even think about it until I came back to this thread just now!

Thanks for all the good wishes...
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 01:44 am
Good and bad. The good is I got a big order for my new book from Amazon. Bad is that they don't cover postage so I'm having to drive up the motorway this morning to deliver them.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 06:14 am
Tarah!? Is that you? Where have you been all these years?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 06/30/2024 at 11:30:11