WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

stuh505

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 07:12 pm
Thanks Osso
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 07:21 pm
I was lucky, in that while my father was unemployed for vast amounts of time from my late high school on, and my mother went back to work when she was 59 to help us keep up the mortgage, and I worked, oh, 30 hrs. a week... that I had a serious university not far away that had, at the time, NO TUITION - UCLA. I couldn't get a scholarship as during the quarter before I applied my dad had earned too much, and I was too naive to ask again later. But never mind. I'm sorry tuition in state schools has ramped up over the intervening years.

Out of state penalties - while I can understand them, might not be so smart for the state or the student.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 11:54 pm
Oh, double whammy...so about 10:30 PM I got a knock on the door and apparently my water heater had been leaking itself onto the appartments below me! So that had to be drained, and I won't be able to shower tommorrow. I'm not really gritting my teeth over this one, though..it's ok.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 12:06 am
This reminds me of various times when I hadn't had a shower in five days or so - and then a shower is the most wonderful experience in the whole world. And that is speaking from spoiled americanese.

I lived for about a year without a shower or bath facility (one of these days I'll post a photo of me in the sink...) and used the university (verboten) or friends' places.... thus I was spoiled.
I speak as Miss Priss. SheWolf and others may best explain past the five days.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 11:23 am
Some mo-fo chatting away on her mobile phone in the cinema!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 11:48 am
ossobuco wrote:
This reminds me of various times when I hadn't had a shower in five days or so - and then a shower is the most wonderful experience in the whole world. SheWolf and others may best explain past the five days.

When I went to live in France for a year, I had an attic in someone's house, with cold water on tap. I was allowed to use the loo but not the shower. There were Douches Municipales which operated twice a week, Thursdays and Saturdays I think....bliss!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:20 am
Not a huge G & G, but an annoying one, never-the-less ....

Don't you just hate it when your (bought) Cappelletti comes unstuck in the boiling water & the filling vanishes? ..... Like mine just did! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:30 am
Someone left a box of magazines outside for me yesterday evening and didn't ring the bell. It's been raining all night and I've only just found the magazines - all sodden.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:49 pm
I had a biopsy done of a weird bump on my cheek last week. Went back yesterday to have the stitches out, but the biopsy results were not yet available. Confused

I'm not too worried about it being malignant or anything, as it's much more likely to be benign. I'm just afraid that they didn't get it all and they'll have to go back and make a bigger hole in my face!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 05:35 am
A hole in you face, mac! Oh! Ouch!
So, do you have to results now?
Fingers crossed for you.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 09:30 am
'Twasn't a big hole. Just four stitches.

No biopsy results yet. Eight days and counting.

Thanks, msolga!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 09:50 am
4 stitches! That's not such a small hole, either. Yikes!

Hope you get the results but quick (and of course that the results show nothing amiss...)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 11:02 am
having to read here for the umpteenth time how unsohphisticated, repressed and inferior americans are. Rolling Eyes

can some people learn a new tune please?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 01:19 pm
mac11 wrote:
I had a biopsy done of a weird bump on my cheek last week. Went back yesterday to have the stitches out, but the biopsy results were not yet available. Confused

I'm not too worried about it being malignant or anything, as it's much more likely to be benign. I'm just afraid that they didn't get it all and they'll have to go back and make a bigger hole in my face!

oh my, I'm sorry to hear this, mac. Waiting sucks! I hope you hear something soon and that the news is positive.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 02:55 pm
4 stitches

Waiting

Confused

Here's to hoping for good news - really soon!
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 03:29 pm
Sprained ankle...actually did the major grimacing yesterday whilst twisting it....sounded like a 2x4 snapping in half, but nobody saw me fall so it wasn't all bad.

Woke up this morning to find a grapefruit where my ankle bone should be.

On the bright side, I get to walk like a pirate for a few days....hard to beat that. Arrrr!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 05:48 pm
I have to admire your positive approach to pain & humiliation, 2Packs. :wink:

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. My grapefruit has now vanished, but it (& my "interesting" walk as a result) was a great conversation starter at the time!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 05:55 pm
son's back in the hospital.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 06:02 pm
Oh, Letty! Sad
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 06:04 pm
I was decapitated today.

Kind of weird, walking around with no head.

Wait...I can't grimace and grit my teeth anymore.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 06/28/2024 at 08:25:26