Why does the Universe exist?

mark noble

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 09:51 am
@Leadfoot,
What 'big-bang'?
Sterile-ball?
Were you there for either event - Or do you just accept the explanation of events, that you were taught?
mark noble

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 09:55 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
There you frick-fracking are FIL!
Welcome back! Ain't been avoiding you, btw - Got banned again.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:17 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
I don't fracking know what supernatural means...
how can something interact with the world which is not from the world
Are thoughts from the world? Many say yes, merely the result of a zillion electrochemical reactions in your head.
I think they fit the description of 'supernatural' at times.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:22 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
What 'big-bang'?
Sterile-ball?
Were you there for either event - Or do you just accept the explanation of events, that you were taught?
No to both questions. But I accept science's admission that there is no demonstrable 'natural' explanation for either. Therefore - supernatural.
Fil Albuquerque

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:36 am
@Leadfoot,
If God is unnatural then it doesn't exist. If it is natural then Nature is good coinage for his name instead of "God"...

If "god" is just a relative powerful being/species that by some advanced tech created the roots of evolution for mankind, then he is just a big ant like we are when compared to snails...as we are he also is meaningless in nature's overarching being.

For the sake of being truthful with your own brain, your own nature, get real man, open your eyes !
mark noble

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:47 am
@Leadfoot,
Lead, I'm kinda well versed in physics, both astro and quantum - But science doesn't state such.
If you're reaching-out? shaving the corners, that's cool!
How about 'infinite' (Big-bang's)? Btw every raindrop precedes a (relative) Big-bang.Smile
Fil Albuquerque

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:58 am
@mark noble,
Not that you mention it cyclic big bounce model is coming back strong after inflation fallen in disgrace recently...with the Highs boson coming out alone out of Hadron collider and no super symmetry particles or anything else they now looking back at a model that implies multiples big bangs. Both string theory and old big bang inflationary model are wrecked.
Leadfoot

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 11:13 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
If God is unnatural then it doesn't exist. If it is natural then Nature is good coinage for his name instead of "God"...
As I explained to Mark N., When I use the term 'Nature', I am using science's definition which includes all the forces and principles of physics but by definition does not include supernatural beings, creative intelligence, etc.

Using science as a reference point, in your scenario, anything not understood or explained by the currently understood laws of physics - 'doesn't exist'. To use your phrase 'get real, open your eyes !'

But if what you are really driving at is metaphysical, I don't know enough about your 'world view' to follow what you're saying about 'nature'. Let me know what that is if you like.
Fil Albuquerque

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 11:19 am
@Leadfoot,
Yes "ultimate" Nature is metaphysical from our pov but I rather not go there. Also I don't believe in any sort of "free" minds...so "God" is useless...
I believe in "machines" and "maths", and its enough for believing as far as I go.
Leadfoot

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 11:22 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
Lead, I'm kinda well versed in physics, both astro and quantum - But science doesn't state such [that they don't know]
If you're reaching-out? shaving the corners, that's cool!
How about 'infinite' (Big-bang's)?
I'm only well versed enough to know that theories on infinite big bangs, multiverses, inflation (yes or no), quantum mechanics, etc are in the category of 'flavor of the week' and who has published what last. I'm not shaving corners nearly as much as the dudes in that field.
0 Replies

mark noble

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 11:23 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I have never considered the big-bang as a solitary event, Fil.
It's always been one drop of water in an infinite ocean, as far as I'm concerned.
Einstein didn't fail in unifying the forces - He was paid off to keep Teslas' work under wraps.
All will be revealed, my friend.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 11:27 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
Also I don't believe in any sort of "free" minds...so "God" is useless...
I believe in "machines" and "maths", and its enough for believing as far as I go.
OK, that makes your view clearer to me. And is fully compatible with my view of 'free minds' being able to choose. We all choose what is 'enough' for us.
0 Replies

mark noble

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 11:28 am
@Leadfoot,
Yahweh, God, Allah, Jehovah, Nature, etc - You're searching for answers, lead.
Want me to rip (all the above) to shreds?
Or do you want an answer to a specific question?
You need only ask...
Leadfoot

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 11:33 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
Or do you want an answer to a specific question?
You need only ask...
What about Teslas' work was kept under wraps?
mark noble

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 11:44 am
@Leadfoot,
Gravity - Doesn't exist.
Free-energy is available for everyone, by tapping into the ionosphere, or via electromagnetic induction.
And - Tachyon-based plasma fields can project material (Yes humans) into the past (What you refer to as 'temperal-displacement'.
Too much to grasp - Not enough to ridicule?
Guess 'who you know' is more important than 'what you're told'.?
Leadfoot

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 12:06 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
Guess 'who you know' is more important than 'what you're told'.?
Anti Gravity, Free energy, time travel, and conspiracies about keeping those technologies away from us is what my 3rd ex was all about. I suspect (and hope) you have a much more technical basis for those views than she did. The people she 'knew' and learned it from were from places like Sirius (named SaLuSa no less!) Andromeda, the 12th dimension, etc.

Some of those things are real and possible but not currently practical for down to earth engineering reasons.

So who do you know?
mark noble

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 12:18 pm
@Leadfoot,
How can you apply the term 'anti-gravity' to something I (nicky tesla, too) Stated 'Doesn't' exist?
Are you just seeking attention, for the fk of it?
Not returning here, lead.
It's 11 dimensions btw.
You don't want answers:)
Company's your thing, eh?
All good, Bye.

dalehileman

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 12:24 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
Hi Dale.
Hi Mark

Quote:
What I mean is: ...... To stress that 'had this/that occured' life would have continued/ended earlier - has no bearing on the 'actual' measurement...
A bit deep for this old fella. However, I muse that I vaguely disagree. There's obviously a language issue here
Leadfoot

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 12:25 pm
@mark noble,
No need to get bent out of shape man.

I wasn't holding you responsible for my ex's delusions. Yeah, I know string theory calls for only 11 dimensions. Again, I was talking about my ex's version of reality. I'm not married to it, or her anymore, thank God...
0 Replies

mark noble

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 01:03 pm
@dalehileman,
Ok, Dale.
Let Me slow it down, bear with me, missus chucking-up blood and puke all over the place (Need to wash shortly).
The only measurement achieveable for an actual lifespan is only measurable after death.
Nobody outlives their lifespan, Dale.
How would you know (measure) if they did?
Imagine, please....... 'Bob lived longer than he would have, because he ate lemming-breasts regularly'...? How the fk would anyone measure when he WOULD have died - If he didn't? You messing again.?