Who Do You Like To Win It All?-Stanley Cup 2012

panzade

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 08:30 am
Hell of a game 7...I'm bummed that my Caps are out but I'm shaking my head at Lundqvist's performance...he's awesome.
Now is when hockey gets good
Ragman

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 08:36 am
@panzade,
Agreed! Yeah! Arguably the 2 hottest goalies in NHL are facing one another.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 09:49 am
@Ragman,

amazing the rangers survived that 5-on-5 "power play" without giving up a goal...
Ragman

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 09:59 am
@Region Philbis,
Agreed.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 08:25 pm
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnhlexperts/NHLsahchchcasc2102.jpg

Can't believe they only have one East Conf game on NBC
Ragman

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 06:26 am
@panzade,
Network TV goes by their Neilsen ratings. Shockingly, beyond the northeast and Canada, NHL Hockey doesn't have the TV audience mass appeal. As near as I can tell, in the final round of the Stanley Cup they do.

One would think the semi-final series with NY Rangers and NJ Devils would be more highly watched.

According to their (NBC) publcity page the televised coverage looks like this:

For the first time in the 95-year history of the NHL, every Stanley Cup Playoff game will be televised nationally. The NBC Sports Group will provide unprecedented access to the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs in April, May and June, televising as many as 105 playoff games and possibly more than 262.5 hours of programming. Games will be presented on NBC, the NBC Sports Network, the NHL Network, and NBCUniversal’s business channel CNBC in primetime.

NBC Sports Network 24
CNBC 11
NBC 6
NHL Network 5

--NBC Sports Group--
panzade

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 02:35 pm
@Ragman,
I challenge anyone to find NBC Sports Network as opposed to NBC. It isn't on my cable choices. I have to go to Duffy's Tavern to watch the games.
Ragman

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 03:04 pm
@panzade,
Have you ever seen the channel that used to be called Versus on your cable listings back prior to January of 2102? If so, it's now called NBC SPort ... called this since Jan, 2012.

If you aren't finding this channel, you might get help from local cable provider. The answer I got when I looked it up on Verizon FIOS web page. I get it with my non-premium channel coverage. I don't have a special sports pkg. The other local cable providers are also carrying it (Comcast etc.) not as a sports special pkg.

"But there is also Universal Sports that used to be carried as a sub channel to NBC stations.

They have removed it and are trying to get cable companies to carry it as a independent channel (not a local channel).
"
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 06:04 pm
@panzade,
Did you find it on your cable? I'm watching the start of the game now on NBC SPort Network channel.
panzade

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 09:36 pm
@Ragman,
No...no hockey for me tonight
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 09:55 pm
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnhlexperts/XzibitTrunk.jpg
0 Replies

JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 07:48 pm
I predicted the Los Angeles Kings would beat the New Jersey Devils in 5 games in the Stanley Cup Finals. I think I gave New Jersey too much credit. This could be done in a 4-game sweep. It will be LA's first Cup since entering the league in 1967. It will leave the St. Louis Blues as the oldest team without a Cup. (They also entered in '67.) And 1967 was the last year Toronto won... just had to mention that.
panzade

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 12:02 pm
@JeffreyEqualityNewma,
Your prediction will be right on the money I think.
The Kings are a stealth hockey team . I didn't see them coming.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 06:25 am
@panzade,
Apparently Jeffrey's prediction didn't come true.

It's unfortunate since I had been hoping the NJD's would have been finished off last night. Well, on to game 6.
JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 06:00 pm
@Sturgis,
No it didn't damn!

I'm reading the History of the National Hockey League on Wikipedia and now for the first time in the last several weeks, I drifted into a daydream in which I was near the Canadian pavilion at Epcot. I really miss Disney World but I kinda want someone special to go with. I need to erase the memories of last October. At the time, it was the happiest weekend of my life. Now it's just a bitter memory.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 06:05 pm
@JeffreyEqualityNewma,
JeffreyEqualityNewma wrote:
And 1967 was the last year Toronto won... just had to mention that.

<squints>
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 06:06 pm
It seems Brodeur is willing the Devils on. I'm just asking for a Devils win tonight so we can enjoy a game 7
Sturgis

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 09:00 pm
@panzade,
Apparently your powers were failing as the Kings went for the win with a final of 6-1.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 04:02 am
@Sturgis,

it seemed like every time i clicked away from reruns of family guy, the kings scored another goal...
Sturgis

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 05:54 am
@Region Philbis,
Right there in the first I had this sense the Kings were going to take it and to so easily. The Devils never were quite able to get themselves together last night. On the positive side, they did give a few exciting moments when they won games 4 and 5, letting us believe there might be a full 7 games.

0 Replies