Can Anyone Help name this character

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 08:31 pm
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me. A friend of mine and I are trying to remember the name of a character from Saturday morning tv circa 1980's.

He was a "commercial" between cartoon. Yellow guy with long legs, a cane and a top hat. The only two "cartoons" we remember were how to make your own frozen popsicles with ice cube trays and toothpicks and something about healthy snacks.

Any information would be very welcome.

Thanks! Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,583 • Replies: 7
No top replies

pueo

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 08:35 pm
was is the planters peanut man?
0 Replies

Rodenture

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 08:39 pm
No it wasn't the planter's peanut man, but thanks for trying. This aired along with School House Rock and wasn't really a commercial just a 30-60 second cartoon meant to educate
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 01:06 am
wasnt he like a jelly bean? or some kind of bean? lol i know whay u are talkin bout..... but i'm not sure either.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 02:02 am
Rodenture wrote:
No it wasn't the planter's peanut man, but thanks for trying. This aired along with School House Rock and wasn't really a commercial just a 30-60 second cartoon meant to educate

That would be a PSA, or a public service announcement.

Maybe this guy can help ya.

Schoolhouse Rock Fan Page

I also found the following:

Quote:
Subject: Re: Dancing cheese man
Written By: 80smusicfreak on 01/23/03 at 20:06:46

I'm pretty sure the PSA you're referring to was the one shown on the episode for "1982" (since that was the year that particular commercial aired) in the excellent 10-part "I Love the 80's" series that premiered on VH-1 just last month. Go to VH-1's official web site to find out when they'll be showing the one-hour episode for 1982 again, and be sure to set your VCR, because they actually show that commercial in its entirety - sure brought back some memories! :-)

Subject: Re: Dancing cheese man
Written By: Tiki on 01/23/03 at 21:31:45

That cheese man is named Timer from "Time for Timer" ;D

http://inthe00s.com/archive/inthe80s/1043364566.shtml

Oh....found this....is this the guy?

http://www.toontracker.com/timer/timer.htm

http://www.toontracker.com/timer/timer.gif
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 02:06 am
Here, you can actually watch the PSA from a download on this site. Man oh man, I remember seeing it when I watched it, but when you described it I didn't have a clue.

http://dt.prohosting.com/70s/video/video.html
0 Replies

Rodenture

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 01:28 pm
Thanks a million!
Very Happy Thanks to everyone who replied to my question, now my mind can rest easy! This was one hard character to track down! Thank goodness for TV junkies like us!
0 Replies

heidi1981

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 11:36 pm
the cheese guy
I was just looking at the clip of time for timer doing the orange ice cube commercial. That was great! I've been looking for the cheese one. I haven't seen it since I was little. It was my favorite. I can remember how it goes still. "You are what you eat from your head down to your feet""Have a hanka for a hunk a CHEESE!"Or my favorite part,"Look, a wagon wheel" Does any one have this clip? I can't say how excited my friends and I would be to view it seeing as we always resight it. (I know, we're dorks!"Thanks so much, I'll be looking forward to seeing him fall down the conveyor belt.
0 Replies