Kids and pop stars

SqUeAkz

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 09:55 pm
Ah pop stars, in my opinion, Nora Jones and Christina Aguilera are the most talented. Yet why are kids drawn to J.Lo. Looks Right? OF COURSE! But I bet anyone with over 3.4million dollars could look like that to, and plus make-up and air brushing. Now I know, Christina Aguilera wears make up, but can she sing? I think she can. Can she write music? Yes, in my opinion. Now Brittany Spears is prob. the most fake pop star there is, anything to sell her record. But I dont get it, What do children find so appelling in these "singers" who cant sing! It just really pisses me off, Thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,686 • Replies: 6
No top replies

mac11

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 02:58 pm
IMO, it's all about publicity. The kids follow whoever is getting the best coverage. Covers of magazines, TRL appearances, etc. etc. The performer with the best publicist wins...
0 Replies

SqUeAkz

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 03:06 pm
But why cant they think for themselves and not for a magazine cover?!?!? To be popular? Maybe kids are having such of an idenity crisis because they only like the popular opinion
0 Replies

ballet freak

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 12:14 pm
I think that the parents need to watch out for what the kids listen to also! But the kids shouldn't just follow there idol singer like Brittany Spears or someone and that's one thing that gives girls bad names if they start dressing like her or something but that's just one person's opinion and that dosen't have to be yours and so i am just wanting people to here what i haev to say!

Ballet Freak
0 Replies

doris4cecil

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 06:04 pm
I have to ask the question of does the media industry actually have any idea what it is doing to young childrens minds?
I know its all about the money and getting the best stories etc. But there is so much emphasis on celebrities and pop idols. And there are now children trying to discover there identities but being bombarded by the media showing them that 'this is the way they should be because its cool and brittney spears does it.'
How are parents etc meant to try and keep their children away form this stuff. I feel it's almost impossible. But kids are beginning to walk and talk and act like these pop idols.

Any thoughts?
0 Replies

cheeky08

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 12:24 pm
give kids a break they wanna like who they like! its not a matter of they are like the crapest band or solo artist(s) in the world! they like who they like! you cant judge kids like that!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 12:32 pm
Deja Vu, we went through this argument with our parents in the 60's ."Why don't you like Pat Boone? Bob Dylan is a terrible singer"..Blah blah
0 Replies