Worth Watching Twice

husker

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 10:43 am
Letty wrote:
I'm gonna reward myself today after I get domestic stuff done, by watching Sea Biscuit.
Makes me shed a tear!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 10:50 am
Oh, No, husker. A tear jerker? Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 10:58 am
I forgot one, A Princess Bride
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 02:11 pm
Letty wrote:
Wow, Brandon. I watched Once Upon a Time in the West several times. Loved it! Charles Bronson died not too long ago. It didn't do too well at the box office, cause Henry Fonda played the villain, and that didn't sit well with the viewing public. I thought it was one of his best performances.

Yes, it's a great movie by the great director Sergio Leone.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 02:12 pm
BlueMonkey wrote:
I forgot one, A Princess Bride

That's excellent and the book by William Goldman is excellent.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 02:14 pm
I watch pretty much everything twice (or more.) I have a terrible memory for movie names so I never remember if I've seen one or not. Usually somewhere about 2/3rds of the way through it dawns on me that I've seen it before. I'm a little slow sometimes. Wink
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 02:16 pm
eoe, i do believe that's the one....i also want to add:

My Fair Lady
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 04:48 pm
Sure, fishin'. You're about as slow as Sea Biscuit.

Oh, my gawd, that was one fantastic movie, but strangely enough, I will probably never watch it again. There are some movies that only need to be seen once. Stop me before I go on a diatribe.

Yes, onyx. My Fair Lady--the music alone is worth the watch. Dear Audrey Hepburn. She was almost as adept at lip sync as George Clooney.

Husker, you brat. I cried all the way through Sea Biscuit. You didn't tell me it would be that emotional. Wonder if it is historically accurate.

I hope so
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 05:07 pm
Letty wrote:
Sure, fishin'. You're about as slow as Sea Biscuit.

I don't think I've seen that one yet. Wink

When I go with quinn to the movie rental place I have to ask her which one's we've seen. I pick out a few and then she tells me that we've seen them all already. hehehe
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 05:25 pm
Partial List, including some I don't expect many will agree with:

American Graffiti
Barry Lyndon
Between Two Worlds
Chicken Run
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Monty Python's Life of Brian
Inherit the Wind
The Music Man
The Green Mile
Quigley Down Under
The African Queen

---and a couple of hundred more, but these popped into my head first.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 06:03 pm
Ah, fishin'. Quinn's your seeing eye dog, and best in show, I would say.

Greyfan, Quigley Down Under..hmmm. Was that Tom Selleck's movie?

The African queen, of course. I can still see Kathryn Hepburn throwing that long, skinny leg over that old tug, and Bogey shivering at the leeches.

Inherit the wind--Gene Kelley made a marvelous Mencken, and Frederick March. Didn't he play William Jennings Bryant? Lord have mercy, folks.

My word. We shouldn't forget Driving Miss Daisy. Watched that several times, just to see Morgan Freeman's exceptional performance. God, what an actor.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 06:59 pm
Cold Comfort Farm
Still Crazy
The Ringu Series
The Zatoichi Series
Cite de les Enfants Perdu
The Craft
The Name of the Rose
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 07:43 pm
Harold and Maude

Bananas

Some Like It Hot

Best in Show

Spinal Tap

Kiss Me Kate

(hmmmm, that's a weird little list)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 07:45 pm
And The Name of the Rose.

Vaguely remember it, Hobit. Sean Connery, no?

Goodnight from Florida--where roses are hybrids

Finding Forester..........................................................................
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 07:48 pm
I could definitely watch Cold Comfort Farm again.

and Hairspray.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 12:49 am
The Name of the Rose bored me. It was an interesting story, but I just couldn't get into the movie. I have always thought that it would make a good read, tho.

Gonna go add that to me read list.

Some movies I just keep coming back to. I'll watch just about any movie I've seen before more than once, but for most I have to be in the mood. There are some, tho, that I watch whenever I see them on.

Back to the Future, Pts 1 -3
Revenge of the Nerds
Better Off Dead
Say Anything
Grosse Pointe Blank
(Okay, just about any John Cuzack movie)
Any Star Trek
Any Star Wars
True Lies

And there's more, too.

My kids were watching Austin Powers in Goldmember Tuesday morning. I found myself watching it again even though I just watched it Sunday night.

There's just something about movies. . . Of all the jobs I miss the most, the bennies from working in a theater is the top of the list.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 10:49 am
I never tire of seeing Carousel, South Pacific, Cabaret, Words and Music, all of those old musicals, again.

Neither do I tire of watching the Hitchcock classics.
Actually, I watch most movies for the second time. lol

I just watched Moonstruck, Notorious and Duel in the Sun for the third time. A lot depends on who's in the movie. I never tire of Cary Grant, Ingrid Bergman, Gregory Peck, to name a few.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 11:36 am
Ah, Raggedy. Lust in the Dust. <smile>

ehBeth, I don't remember much about Shampoo. Warren Beatty, no? Julie Christie?

Hey, Turner. Welcome to A2K. Love most of the Star Treks..
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 11:41 am
Turner, I highly recommend the book version of The Name of the Rose. The film was slow going, and if it hadn't had Sean Connery, I doubt I'd have stayed awake. But the book is fascinating. I'm also am a fan of Foucault's Pendulum (also by Umberto Eco).

I love the old musicals too. I wish they played them on TV more often. I might have to break down and start owning DVDs...
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 12:10 pm
Letty: I just knew you were going to say "lust in the dust". Laughing

Mac: Do you get Turner Classic Movies? It's on standard cable now. They recently aired Oklahoma, Words and Music, Brigadoon, West Side Story, Night and Day and more. This is Oscar month and they are also showing movies that had some sort of nomination.
0 Replies