Worth Watching Twice

Letty

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 12:38 pm
Last night I watched Blown Away on the telley. I thought Tommy Lee Jones and Lloyd Bridges were superb. I don't usually watch movies twice. This particularly one was an exception.

What movies do you think are worth watching more than once?

colorbook

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 12:52 pm
I thought Blown Away was a really good movie, however it wasn't big at the box office when it premiered.

There are quite a few movies I have watched over again . The first ones that come to mind are:

Ghost
Coal Miners Daughter
All the classic Christmas movies
...my list is unending.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 12:53 pm
I guess Saturday Night Fever is worth watching twice. I watched it last night.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 01:01 pm
Chances Are- Not a great movie, but a real upper.

2001- Seen it a number of times. since I know the story, I can enjoy it on many different levels.

The Third Man- Love that zither music, and the bleak texture of the film.

Psycho- Another film that may be watched on many levels. Love to see how Hitch has pulled off the mood in that one.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 01:11 pm
Phoenix, edgar, and colorbook. I guess I should have excluded the Christmas or seasonal movies that most people see every Dec. 25th.

My son gave us Rich Little's Christmas Carol. Very rare video, but funnier than a barrel of lemurs.

Phoenix, you're right about 2001. I should get that and watch it again 'cause I never understood it.

(anyone else here not getting updates?)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 01:13 pm
Letty- I think that in 2001, people bring their own experiences and evaluations to the film.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 01:14 pm
Koyaanisqatsi.
Harold & Maude
Casablanca
Lawrence of Arabia
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 01:37 pm
Phoenix, I think you're right. It could be the cycle of life.

Seal, I loved Lawrence of Arabia, but haven't seen it recently. What's that first one? Shocked
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 01:52 pm
Re: Worth Watching Twice
Letty wrote:

What movies do you think are worth watching more than once?

Letty, I have always been of the mind that once you have seen it what is the point watching it again?

However, I have watched the "back to the future trilogy" three times.

There seems to be no accounting for peoples tastes, and certainly not mine, only a month ago I watched Lord of the rings-- the fellowship of the ring, ( which I accept is a masterpiece of film making) and it bored me to tears, after 2 hours I turned it off and watched a re-run of "Cheers"

Like the italian gangsters say in films "Go Figure"
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 01:57 pm
Kev, I swear I have never watched Lord of the Rings at all. Watched one Harry Potter and thought it was boring. Figure that one. Smile
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 03:09 pm
Letty... Koyaanisqatsi is hard to describe. It's now out on DVD (it was unavailable for years) so you can find it...

Images and music... a documentary on modern life.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 03:12 pm
sealPoet- I have Koyaaniqatsi on DVD. What a trip! We also have external speakers, so that just adds the great sound to the spectacular imagery!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 03:19 pm
The Godfather. I or II.
Letty

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 03:26 pm
Absolutely, eoe. Worth watching again and again. When I was a kid, I bet I watched My Pal Trigger twenty times. Remember Roy singing Old Faithful. sheeeeze. How did I remember that?
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 01:09 am
I watch everything I like twice or more.

Jurassic Park
Clue
LOTR trilogy
Back to the Future Trilogy
A Walk to Remember
Fight Club
Beauty & the Beast
Tarzan (Disney)
Emperor'' New Grove
Hope Floats
Forces of Nature
Young Frankenstein
Oscar
X-Men 1 & 2
Spider-Man
Batman
Batman Returns
The Barber Shop
Just Married
Run Lola Run
strickley Ballroom
Moulin Rouge
The Royal Tantambaums
Life is a House
Austin Powers Trilogy
A.I.
Scooby Doo
Signs
Final Destination 1 & 2
Scream Trilogy
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 01:19 am
Re: Worth Watching Twice
kev wrote:
Letty, I have always been of the mind that once you have seen it what is the point watching it again?

You and me both kev. I'm not a big movie nut myself. And now with the price of movies being so obscenely expensive, if I want to see a movie in a theatre, I wait until the second run theatre shows it. (Unless I get a free pass! Smile

I don't understand those people who go see movies over and over again. I have a good friend I've known for 23 years that is "one of those" (not to mention her big DVD collection) and I just shake my head. She saw X-Men2 3 times in one day! Although I think she had free passes for it. Otherwise it wouldn't have happened all in the same day -- I hope!
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 01:33 am
I saw X-Men 4 times in opening weekend and I did see X-Men two 4 times also during opening weekend and one more time when they re released it for the hearing impaired.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 02:07 am
While I've never seen a movie more than once in an opening weekend, I will watch a movie more than once. Movies for me are about escapism. Plus, when I enjoy a story I'll watch/read it again and again.

I take that back. I did see Total Recall twice in one weekend. The ending was a bit confusing for me at first, and so I went out and bought the novelization, read it, and went back to see the movie again.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 06:46 am
Total recall was wrecked for me the first time. Watched it along with one of my brother's friends who insisted on giving a running commentary of every damn scene. After that I was never able to enjoy it, despite having seen it a couple of times.

By the end of the movie I felt like smashing his friggin' head through the screen. I don't think I"ve been more annoyed in my life.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 08:17 am
Wilso wrote:
Total recall was wrecked for me the first time. Watched it along with one of my brother's friends who insisted on giving a running commentary of every damn scene. After that I was never able to enjoy it, despite having seen it a couple of times.

By the end of the movie I felt like smashing his friggin' head through the screen. I don't think I"ve been more annoyed in my life.

Very Happy It's for that reason Wilso I stopped going to movie theatres, there was always some idiot behind me saying to his mate "you'll love this bit this is where he shoots him and then etc..." or there would be somebody who would eat crisps or something else just as noisy for the whole two hours, eventually I gave up, I can think of better ways to spend a fiver than to sit there listening to Homer Simpson telling us all what's gonna happen next.
0 Replies