Home Repair

Dani Frank

Fri 6 Jul, 2012 01:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
This is a very handy video thanks for sharing will save me time and money in the future.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 6 Jul, 2012 07:24 pm
Over 800 hits. Guess I will do a little more.

This time I want to solicit advice. The toilets at the apartments are not top performance models and most are in fact a 1983 model. We have an individual with stool problems and possible bad toilet habits in general. We did all we could to get his toilet to flush well, but almost daily he stopped it up. We have had tough customers before and replacing the toilet with a certain model has always worked. In this case, the brand new toilet also gets continually clogged. Any suggestions on what to do next, aside from getting him to move out?
edgarblythe

Tue 10 Jul, 2012 08:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
We found a bigger commode and put one of the older, slightly larger, tanks on when we installed it today. Now we wait and see if he gets along with it.
DrewDad

Wed 11 Jul, 2012 07:46 am
@edgarblythe,
Is this individual using something that doesn't disintegrate? Baby wipes or paper towels can cause clogs, although one would think they could be flushed.

(Little kids will put anything in the toilet that looks like toilet paper....)
edgarblythe

Wed 11 Jul, 2012 10:12 am
@DrewDad,
The man poops redwood logs and likely uses too much paper. He is somewhat older, with medical problems.
ehBeth

Wed 11 Jul, 2012 10:14 am
@edgarblythe,
Does he use the nice, extra-thick toilet paper? It can be a problem with older plumbing systems.
edgarblythe

Wed 11 Jul, 2012 10:24 am
@ehBeth,
My coworker has been dealing with him. I have not personally been in there. It would not hurt to ask. We have not had such a tough customer, toilet-wise, in about nineteen years. Usually a new toilet solves the whole problem.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Wed 11 Jul, 2012 11:01 am
@edgarblythe,
Perhaps a pre-emptive (anonymous) weekly delivery of fiber brownies....

http://www.fiberone.com/images/products/large/brownies-90-calorie-chocolate-fudge.png

If he asks, "I think it's a free sample!"
Rockhead

Wed 11 Jul, 2012 11:03 am
@DrewDad,
or "special" brownies even...

here, have a brownie and mellow out, dude.
DrewDad

Wed 11 Jul, 2012 11:04 am
@Rockhead,
Nah. He might get the munchies and compound the problem....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 11 Jul, 2012 12:42 pm
I thought about buying him a Mother Earth camping toilet. I believe, if memory serves, it wraps the dooty for later disposal.
0 Replies

JamesCarri

Mon 16 Jul, 2012 01:16 am
@edgarblythe,
Nice post..
0 Replies

Winslet

Thu 26 Jul, 2012 07:50 am
@edgarblythe,
NIce forum keep up.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 27 Jul, 2012 02:29 pm
During my time with the apartments, I had always had somebody else be responsible for maintenancing the pool. Finally, my luck ran out. It fell to me to keep it up. I have never been to school for that and I soon learned I was terribly ignorant. The advice from others proved to be harmful and between us I lost the balance of the water and soon had a green pool. Today I know what to do. Today, the water is beautiful and safe to use. This video should be helpful to people who want to learn about pools. There are other helpful videos here on youtube besides this one.
Rockhead

Fri 27 Jul, 2012 02:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
ph balance ain't just for shampoo, ed...
edgarblythe

Fri 27 Jul, 2012 02:52 pm
@Rockhead,
One problem I had was, everybody kept telling me, "Throw some soda ash in there." Or, "Shock the hell out of it." All without knowing anything about that particular pool's chemistry. We got a new lead maintenance man who wanted me to shock it like the Enola Gay. I had by then a bit more knowledge than that and refused. I tried explaining how I wanted to do it through balance of the water and by using shock that does not increase the level of cyanuric acid. He said not to heed the cyanuric acid for now, but to shock it heavily with the dry chlorine and get rid of the excess cyanuric acid another time. I had the balance closer and closer to perfect. But I had another problem. Although other people told me the ph was perfect, I didn't believe them. It tended to drift upward and I had to keep adding a product called ph down. At the same time, the alkalinity kept dropping on me and all I knew to lift it was soda ash. I was adding the ash, which raises the ph and then adding ph down and getting nowhere. Then I discovered a product sold by HD Supply that raises alkalinity without soda ash. In less than a week, I was able to get the perfect balance after that, all but the need to lower the cyanuric acid from about 70. Which I did by draining the pool water for ten minutes three times a week.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 31 Jul, 2012 03:09 pm
Speaking of pools, somebody got creative with the pool light and also the main drain. They pulled them up, making me to have to replace them without draining the water out. It was tough getting out the old screws at first, until I duct taped a screwdriver on the end of a pvc pipe. I clamped a vice grip on the pipe to make it easier to turn. It was tricky and involved diving a lot to get the new cover down, but the screws were easy enough to tighten. I sincerely hope the ones that did it don't decide to do it regularly.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 5 Aug, 2012 09:21 am
I am having trouble with three stations on the apartment sprinklers. Since the name of the game is quality repair at a low cost, I have determined to fix it without calling a repair service. This video shows exactly what I am about to do and has shown me the way. All I have to do then is locate a compatible solenoid for the system.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 26 Aug, 2012 06:24 pm
The sprinkler repair got major. After I turned off the valve it developed a leak. I ended getting a sprinkler repair guy to fix it. I simply did not have enough time to buy the valve and work on it.
0 Replies

edwardgordy

Mon 6 May, 2013 06:21 am
Hiring a professional for repairing a home is the best idea as he has all the solution that your home may need. People should select the right professional to get best home repair service.
0 Replies