If you put someone on Ignore, can they still follow you and send you PM's?

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 05:02 pm
I have this random person that I dont know on ignore but she/he is still a
'follower'. Why? I havent got a PM from him/her in awhile but still...

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 05:16 pm
They still can follow you. But, as to PMs, I don't know.
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 05:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oh. That's stupid. An ignore should be like when you block someone on facebook. That would be cool. Smile
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 05:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
they can PM you as well...

if someone is bothering you, gracie, report them.
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 05:24 pm
@Rockhead,
Ok, so Ignore means you just cant see their posts and stuff but they can still do everything else...

No ones bothering me, their just kinda weird. I haven't got a PM from them in awhile. I was just wondering. What if I dont want people on Ignore to be able to send me PM's and follow me?
Rockhead

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 05:27 pm
@GracieGirl,
go play on bookface.

unless you are being harassed, it's just part of a2k.

there is no perfect solution.

you let us know if someone is making you feel uncomfortable, and we'll figure out what to do...
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 05:30 pm
@Rockhead,
Facebook. Laughing

And, okay.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 04:27 am
@GracieGirl,
Anyone who insists on pming you after they know you've got them on ignore is pathetic. They tend to be people with nothing going on in their lives, so they obsess. At the end of the day it's motivated by petty jealousy, you represent something they can't have or do, and that's why they're so desperate for your attention.

I've got one too, I ignore his pm's, by looking the other way when clicking on the box, then I get friends to pm me to push his avatar off the screen. These people are just a minor annoyance, more to be pitied than anything else. Chin up Grace.
jcboy

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 06:28 am
@Rockhead,
They sure can, I had a couple on ignore and they were still sending me PM's.
GracieGirl

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 08:44 pm
@izzythepush,
Thanks izzy! Smile

Yeah, it's super annoying but whatever I guess.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 08:49 pm
@jcboy,
It's annoying, right?! It's like, what's the point of 'ignore' if they can still message you.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 09:20 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

I have this random person that I dont know on ignore but she/he is still a
'follower'. Why? I havent got a PM from him/her in awhile but still...

The Ignore functionality is very true to life. I have several restraining orders against me, but ultimately they are simply pieces of paper with ink on them, which do not physically prevent me from hiding in bushes and perching in trees near windows.
GracieGirl

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 09:40 pm
@Gargamel,
Shocked ..... Okay bye.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 10:21 pm
@GracieGirl,
Don't mind Gargamel, he's been our funny kid - until he got married and made himself scarce around here.

Sweetie, if someone is bothering you via private messages then report the person to administration, they'll help you further.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 10:24 pm
@GracieGirl,
Yeah...he has one of the best senses of humor around here!!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 10:26 pm
@GracieGirl,
Quote:
I have this random person that I dont know on ignore but she/he is still a 'follower'. Why? I havent got a PM from him/her in awhile but still...

But still what, Gracie?
It sounds like someone sent you one or two PMs which you didn't respond to, so they stopped posting. Is that right?
Was the PM (or PMs) offensive to you in some way?
If so, that that poster should be reported to the moderators.
I'm certain they'd follow up.

Quote:
No ones bothering me, their just kinda weird. I haven't got a PM from them in awhile. I was just wondering. What if I dont want people on Ignore to be able to send me PM's and follow me?

The "follow" function is simply an A2K feature. Anyone is free to "follow" anyone else. That's how it goes here.
Some really popular (!) A2Kers ( Smile ) have 40 (or more!) followers.
But that doesn't mean that 40 people are sort of stalking them, or anything sinister like that Wink .... (& some people use the feature to keep track of people who aren't very "regular" posters)
I think it means that 40 people are interested in (or approve of) their posting contributions.

So, unless someone is sending offensive PMs, or bothering you, I wouldn't worry too much. Especially if they are no longer PMing you at all.
But if anyone does send you offensive or repeated unwanted messages, report them right away.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 10:54 pm
Yep, I've been PM'd by people on ignore. I wish I could just delete them, but you have to open them to stop the 'message waiting' message in your inbox.
0 Replies