7
   

Still Number One!!! Go USA!!!

 
 
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 06:09 am
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/numberone.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 2,813 • Replies: 42
No top replies

 
aidan
 
  1  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 06:53 am
Are these statistics per capita?
raprap
 
  1  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 06:54 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Is this normalized for population?

Rap
parados
 
  2  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 06:56 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Are these statistics per capita?


Are you so Anti-American that you think the stats are wrong?
parados
 
  2  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 06:57 am
@raprap,
raprap wrote:

Is this normalized for population?

Rap

The US is #1.

Stop trying to normalize us down to average.
raprap
 
  1  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:02 am
@parados,
I don't know about the rest--but the US has the highest incarceration rate per 100,000 in the world (shades of the failed WOD). As far as the Divorces (or Divorve rate) with the UD being #1 and Puerto Rico neing #2, I always thought Puerto Rico was a US colony.

Rap
aidan
 
  1  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:03 am
@parados,
Some of these just don't make sense from what I know about the world (if the rankings are calculated per capita).

I'm not anti-American at all. I don't agree particularly with ALL of the practices and stances of the government and Americans in general, but I'm not against them (us), in fact I wish us all well, just the same as I wish any person or community of people well instead of harm.

This just seems like propaganda packaged too simply to make an inflammatory and possibly inaccurate point.

I don't know - I'm asking.
parados
 
  1  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:04 am
@raprap,
Quote:
UD[US] being #1 and Puerto Rico neing #2, I always thought Puerto Rico was a US colony.


Are you implying the US is a bad influence?
0 Replies
 
parados
 
  1  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:06 am
@aidan,
Quote:

I'm not anti-American at all.


Then you must be Anti-Humor
aidan
 
  1  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:07 am
@parados,
Why do you say that?

How about this - I know America has the most Dunkin Donuts and the best iced tea in the world - how come they didn't include that?
parados
 
  1  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:11 am
@aidan,
Absurdity seems to go over your head -


A: America is #1 in crime
B: I don't think they are (because I love America)
A: Do you hate America so much you don't think they are #1?
0 Replies
 
blueveinedthrobber
 
  1  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:11 am
I'll tell you what let's not chuckle over this fluff post... let's analyze it to death and squeeze out any humor that might exist in it... because we're surely becoming number one in the world for that bit of business.
0 Replies
 
aidan
 
  1  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:15 am
Uh duh? Yeah - you guys are number 1 when it comes to humor. Maybe I don't think your fluff post and attempted irony were funny.
Maybe I think accuracy is more important.
Maybe I like to try to separate fact from fiction.
I DO like to learn - this IS Able2know right?
I wanted to KNOW instead of to massage anyone's bigass ego by laughing at WHAT?

But yeah - Americans are the new n***** of the world so say whatever you want and spread your 'funny' fiction.

Ya'll are oh so funny and smart.
And I'll respond however I want to whatever I want.
I'm free.

Are you gonna call me a **** now too?
Chuckle over that!
******* chuckleheads...go live somewhere else if you don't like it.

(That's a joke- ha, ha - get it?!!)
parados
 
  1  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:18 am
@aidan,
aidan.

You missed the humor in the picture.

America is # 1 in a lot of bad things for which the response is to chant:

We are #1! We are #1! We are #1!

Or maybe you didn't get the part about McDonalds being a bad thing.
aidan
 
  1  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:21 am
@parados,
The humor is so stupid and lacking that it's not what's important to me.

I want to know what the truth is.
aidan
 
  1  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:22 am
@parados,
Is McDonalds a bad thing? Not when you're hungry and craving a Big Mac and a chocolate shake.
parados
 
  1  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:26 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

The humor is so stupid and lacking that it's not what's important to me.

I want to know what the truth is.

Then go look for the truth.

Don't expect to find it in humor since the purpose of humor is not to highlight truth even though it can use some truths. If humor isn't important to you then you should figure out what humor is so you don't obsess over it when you confuse it with "truthiness".
parados
 
  2  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:27 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Is McDonalds a bad thing? Not when you're hungry and craving a Big Mac and a chocolate shake.

It all depends on whether you want a fat body to go with your fat head.
0 Replies
 
blueveinedthrobber
 
  1  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:27 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Uh duh? Yeah - you guys are number 1 when it comes to humor. Maybe I don't think your fluff post and attempted irony were funny.
Maybe I think accuracy is more important.
Maybe I like to try to separate fact from fiction.
I DO like to learn - this IS Able2know right?
I wanted to KNOW instead of to massage anyone's bigass ego by laughing at WHAT?

But yeah - Americans are the new n***** of the world so say whatever you want and spread your 'funny' fiction.

Ya'll are oh so funny and smart.
And I'll respond however I want to whatever I want.





I'm free.

Are you gonna call me a **** now too?
Chuckle over that!
******* chuckleheads...go live somewhere else if you don't like it.

(That's a joke- ha, ha - get it?!!)


my my aidan, you need a little bran and a good BM this morning.
0 Replies
 
blueveinedthrobber
 
  2  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:36 am
OH WAIT! I just got it. aidan that was hilariou Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing s
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

IS IT OK FOR ME TO CHEAT? - Question by Setanta
ADAM'S RIB - Discussion by Setanta
THE GREATEST EVIL . . . - Discussion by Setanta
Water is dry. - Discussion by izzythepush
Satan's Mental Make Up - Discussion by Setanta
PLEASE HELP NOW PLEASE!!!! NOW! - Discussion by chai2
WAY DOWN . . . BELOW THE OCEAN . . . - Discussion by Setanta
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Still Number One!!! Go USA!!!
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/25/2021 at 03:52:39