Albuquerque in May

CowDoc

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 07:48 pm
It's official, folks.....the Miz and I will be in Santa Fe for a conference from May 16 until the afternoon of the 18th. We intend to come back to Albuquerque to meet and spend a little time with the A2Kers there. Anybody up for anything on the evening of the 18th or any time on the 19th before we head back for Salmon?

Rockhead

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 07:50 pm
@CowDoc,
will you be driving through Kansas on your way back?

if so, you're really lost and probably ought to invest in a GPS or a map...

enjoy yourselves. say hey to fred for me...
CowDoc

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 08:16 pm
@Rockhead,
Sorry, rh - we'll be flying in and out, so a Kansas side trip is pretty highly unlikely. I'll let you know if I get the chance to hit the flatlands.
roger

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 08:24 pm
@CowDoc,
I can probably be there at that time. I've got enough going on right now that I can't really be sure, but it seems likely I can be there at that time. I'm in Farmington now, maybe 200 miles north, and we seldom have snowstorms in mid May.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 08:28 pm
@CowDoc,
Diane and I have been talking about getting together with you in Santa Fe, all 'let's do it'.

I have some financial bumps and can't. Maybe Diane still can.

I'll propose that we meet at the a2k place, the Flying Star on Rio Grande in Albuquerque. There is history to this place, and it's a good and comfortable restaurant.

Butryfly, BBB, and Roger know it too.

Tai chi and Chris met us there. Rockhead ate with us there. I may be forgetting someone, but not on purpose.

Thomas held court and then Eva straightened him out. Or vice versa.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 11:58 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
There is history to this place, and it's a good and comfortable restaurant.

Butryfly, BBB, and Roger know it too.

Tai chi and Chris met us there. Rockhead ate with us there. I may be forgetting someone, but not on purpose.

Thomas held court and then Eva straightened him out. Or vice versa.

Quite a few others have been there ... including me at least four times Wink
ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 12:01 am
@Walter Hinteler,
That's true, even though you and the Dys got well lost once..
cripes, sorry I didn't mention you!
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 12:51 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

.. even though you and the Dys got well lost once..
We definitely didn't get lost! We only followed a detour and took a more scenic route ... (And we always knew where we were!)
roger

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 01:08 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Like me. I'm always right here. Sometimes I just don't know where the others are.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 09:57 am
@CowDoc,
I'm excited to actually meet Cow Doc, especially after hearing all about the last meeting.
If any of the times are more convenient for you, let's make it at your convenience. All of us here are retired, so we have nothing going on that would keep us from meeting you for early evening or all day of the18th or the day of the 19th. In other words, our busy social schedules are rediculously unbusy.

Looking forward to meeting you and Miz Cow Doc.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 11:59 am
@Diane,
We won't invite the two "certain people". We promise!!! Twisted Evil 2 Cents

BBB and Butrflynet
roger

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 12:33 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I heard about that. More than once.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 07:52 am
@Diane,
Diane, it appears that we have decided to drive from Salmon, as even with $4 gas, it's still cheaper than flying and renting a car. My meetings in Santa Fe end around 3:00 Friday afternoon, and we can leave New Mexico when we damned well please. I theoretically retired 13 years ago, but I somehow seemed to get busier. Between taking on waaaayy too many positions as a county commissioner and continuing cow work, I don't get too bored. By May, however, most of my spring bovine work should be done, and my next scheduled county meeting (at the moment) isn't until the 24th. I think we'll be pretty flexible, as well.
CowDoc

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 10:11 pm
@CowDoc,
Okay, guys - my schedule has held firm, and I should be leaving Santa Fe for Albuquerque Friday afternoon. Do y'all want to get together Friday evening, or would Saturday work better for everybody? We should get headed north by Saturday afternoon at the latest, though. Just let us know where and when, and the Miz and I will be there!
roger

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 10:49 pm
@CowDoc,
Afternoons are always my time of choice. Again, my schedule remains subject to sudden change. If it turns out I need to be in Albuquerque Wednesday, I might not be able to make it again as soon as Friday.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 08:42 am
@roger,
Will get back about times - look forward to seeing you.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 08:54 am
pictures please. Smile
roger

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 03:27 pm
@shewolfnm,
I've had one decent picture taken in my life. If you aren't there, no pictures.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 03:56 pm
@roger,
That'll show her!
roger

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 04:57 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah, except what it won't show her are pictures.