Albuquerque in May

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 05:10 pm
@roger,
I think the pictures I have seen of you are generally very good.
roger

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 06:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
Maybe I just expect too much. Thanks
ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 06:49 pm
Diane and I just talked, thinking Friday evening*. She will see BBB and likely Butrflynet tomorrow - BBB is in a rehab place right now post hip replacement surgery, but maybe butryfly can make it.

Roger has to be here tomorrow, which makes it unlikely he can be back for Fri night or Saturday morning (it's a long haul between Abq and where he lives, beautiful - gorgeous - land but a not heavily traveled long way).

Doc, when do you two leave and will you have a laptop or other device with you? we should probably exchange phone numbers, emails. I'll pm you with mine and Diane will post later on.

*I don't drive at night or even twilight (lousy rods, long story) thus my putting off saying "when".
Rockhead

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 06:49 pm
@roger,
have you ever thought about getting a george clooney mask?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 06:59 pm
@Rockhead,
Roger has dryer wit.

(I think, I don't know George)
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 10:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
Last time Roger saw his picture in his yearbook...
http://pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/when-you-see-your-picture-in-the-yearbook.gif
roger

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 11:12 pm
@Irishk,
Subsequently, they pulled all references to Roger.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 12:25 am
@ossobuco,
I have to pass.

There is a possibility that BBB will be released from the hospital on Friday and I still have a lot of stuff to finish in preparation for that.

roger

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 12:29 am
@Butrflynet,
Regretably, that would also be my priority.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 02:21 pm
@CowDoc,
Cow Doc, how about Friday evening? That way you and Mrs. Cow Doc can leave on Saturday anytime you wish. We could also get together on Sat. if you like, but just for the morning.
CowDoc

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 11:22 pm
@Diane,
We'll be there Friday afternoon and evening for sure, but may take off headed back north Friday night. Any chance of meeting Roger for breakfast Saturday morning? I'll furnish more details as the time approaches....we are now safely entrenched in Santa Fe, where my meetings begin at 0900 tomorrow. See y'all soon!
roger

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 12:11 am
@CowDoc,
That looks kind of iffy right now. For unrelated reasons, I'm pretty firmly committed to spending Thursday night in Albuquerque. That would leave me pretty much able to meet on Friday before returning home that night. I really, really don't want to be away from home both nights. I can probably better explain in person, if your curiosity is getting the best of you.

Looking forward to Friday.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 09:47 am
@CowDoc,
A thought - if you are here Friday afternoon, that would be a better time for Roger (re getting back home), me, and probably Diane, as places get noisier on Friday nights and the three of us are hard of hearing to differing extents. Plus, if you're going back to Santa Fe Friday night, maybe better for you too. So I'm thinking, later afternoon? maybe 4 at the Flying Star on Rio Grande (there are several Flying Stars but that is the one that has evolved to be the favorite)?

What say, all?
roger

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 10:13 am
@ossobuco,
I like it, unless we get enough snow, rain, sleet, etc. we can't eat on the patio. It can be a little noisy inside, but most restaurants are, so not much choice on that.

Yes, my fairly firm plans have more or less solidified. I will be in town tomorrow afternoon on unrelated business, and be spending the night. Friday afternoon should be mine to do with as I please.
Ragman

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 10:16 am
FYI, did you guys and gals in southwest know that Albuquerque is in prime location (if it's cloud-free) of the solar eclipse on May 20th? This annular eclipse is the first one in the USA in almost 18 years.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 10:28 am
@roger,
Great.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 10:30 am
@Ragman,
No I didn't. Wonder if they'll all jack up the motel rates.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 10:31 am
@Ragman,
I'm odd in that I've little to no interest - I know that's heresy - but I bet others are.
roger

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 10:35 am
@ossobuco,
I probably wouldn't drive down just for a better viewing point, but I would go outside for a few minutes to watch.
Ragman

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 10:42 am
@roger,
The weather is predicted to be spectacular for eclipse viewing in Albuquerque. FYI, for those who are local (interested or not) Sat. and Sunday there should be some unusual traffic.