ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 10:59 pm
@roger,
already? good.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 07:49 am
@ossobuco,
Thanks for the elk pic, osso...I learned more about subspecies of North American elk than I knew existed. Apparently, the elk we have in Idaho are actually considered to be Rocky Mountain elk, but from the photo they appear to be extremely similar. You really should warn all the A2Kers about your tendency to restructure reality in your assessments of us though, especially the part in which you claim I'm not actually an asshole. Seriously, it was great fun to make contact with the ABQ crew again. Thanks for the great time!
shewolfnm

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 08:34 am
No sir.
You did not actually visit until there is photographic proof! Smile

im glad you had fun. That is a great group right there.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 10:20 am
@Rockhead,
I thought it would make you look psychic if you replied before I posted.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 07:33 pm
@CowDoc,
Cope, you brat, and also your wife, Terrie, the brat -
please have a great trip back.

We miss you two already. Rarely do I like people so fast.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 07:43 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, and if you run across that website, I'm still interested, re the forest fire planning.. I listened but didn't quite memorize the link.
Diane

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 09:25 am
The Cow Docs were delightful. Miz CowDoc got a word in whenever she wanted to and CowDoc stopped and listened, then got back to whatever he was talking about. They make the perfect couple.

I hope the drive back is going well. A thousand mile drive can be numbingly boring, but you are driving through some extraordinarily beautiful country.

It's been a few years before this trip. Hope it isn't that long before the next.

It was a special treat to meet both Cow Docs.
dlowan

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 04:03 pm
@Diane,
So good to see you posting Diane.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 07:24 pm
@ossobuco,
We made it home safe and sound. All the critters survived quite well in our absence. It was truly wonderful to spend a little time with the three of you at the Flying Star. Osso, you might want to check out www.forestsandrangelands.gov. I can get you quite a bit more information later if you want to explore the subject further.
roger

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 07:27 pm
@CowDoc,
Cheated death again! Glad you made it safely home.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 07:43 pm
@Ragman,
We just witnessed the solar eclipse at Bryce Canyon at 7:33PM this eve. It was awesome!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 07:54 pm
@CowDoc,
Thanks for the link, I will check it out.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 02:08 am
Hey ... I'm in ABQ ... did I miss the meetup?
roger

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 03:33 am
@Ticomaya,
Kind of looks that way.

Darn shame about that. I was there myself about twelve hours ago, but wasn't checking in while I was there.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 08:23 am
@Ticomaya,
Bummer, Tico - would have like to have caught up with you again. We'll be sure to let you know if we get back your way.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 10:02 am
@Ticomaya,
Are you living here now or just visiting? If just visiting, for how long?
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 09:41 pm
@Butrflynet,
I got into town around 1 a.m. this morning, and I left around 7 a.m., ... just passing through on my way to Estes Park.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 12:41 pm
@Ticomaya,
You're driving up to Estes Park? Quite a distance, but beautiful there....
Tico, on your way to Estes Park is this great restaurant, we went there 2 years ago and by accident stopped there and had lunch. Excellent food, and the owners are from the Czech Republic - nice couple.
http://www.villatatra.com/restaurant.htm
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 04:26 pm
@CalamityJane,
It's a 15 hour drive, which I normally do in one day, but divided the trip out into 2 days this time.

I drive by that restaurant on my way in an out of town. I'll have to plan to eat there one of these times. We go to Estes every summer.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 05:53 pm
@Ticomaya,
Yes, please stop by there the next time - you won't regret it!
Estes Park is a great place!