Obviously Revenues Were Threatened

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 11:12 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Your insistence on your language is no less an attempt at control than anyone else's. You just don't seem to like it when other people push back.

Rush wants to call her names. That's definitely an attempt to control the debate through language.

I insist on maintaing control of my language, what I don't like and will not tolorate is other people trying to control my langauge. Re Rush and everybody else, they can and should say what ever they want according to me. We should be taking pot shots at Rush's slut comment, talking about how ignorant that comment is, not demanding appologies and trying to get him off the airwaves.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 11:18 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
I insist on maintaing control of my language

You're welcome to the delusion that you're in control, I guess.
farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 11:19 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
We should be taking pot shots at Rush's slut comment, talking about how ignorant that comment is, not demanding appologies and trying to get him off the airwaves.

Fortunately yo dont have any authority or power to accomplish jut what you wish. Its all dependent upon whose ox is being pushed in the hole.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 11:20 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

Interesting....has a mind control device been implanted with out my knowledge?
DrewDad

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 11:57 am
@hawkeye10,
Free your mind, and the rest will follow.
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 12:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

DrewDad wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

Interesting....has a mind control device been implanted with out my knowledge?

Yes. But not where you think.
revelette

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 12:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
"confused consent"

Glad I missed whatever context this was discussed in.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 01:21 pm
@FreeDuck,
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 01:32 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

consider the source i say, how could anyone take him seriously

tons of people do - I see at least a few of them posting in support of Rush's comments on bipolar's FB page every day.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 03:02 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

djjd62 wrote:

consider the source i say, how could anyone take him seriously

tons of people do - I see at least a few of them posting in support of Rush's comments on bipolar's FB page every day.

mental giants from Johnston County mostly
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 03:30 pm
@farmerman,
So I suspect that you consider Ed Schultz calling Laura Ingram a slut was actionable slander.

If this woman sues Limbaugh for slander, a settlement won't necessarily reflect the virtue of her suit or Limbaugh's fear of it. If fought by Limbaugh and his insurance company, they will win.

The woman has voluntarily made herself a public figure.

She is hardly the "innocent" damsel some make her out to be. She is an activist and acknowledged
she entered Georgetown knowing it was a Catholic institution and what that meant in terms of school policies. Not only does she want Georgetown to pay for contraception, she wants it to pay for sex changes.

She is not some poor co-ed who is impoverished because the university won't pay for her birth control pills.

She also is a wild exaggerator, if not a liar. The cost of birth control for 99% of Georgetown students would never cost $3,000 a year.

BTW, the Catholic Church and Georgetown is perfectly fine with paying for birth control pills that are required to treat medical conditions other than the fear of getting pregnant.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 04:00 pm
@djjd62,
Can you show me where I said anything remotely close to what you stated?
RABEL222

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 04:05 pm
@djjd62,
Have you ever seen some of H2O's and okies posts.
djjd62

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 04:10 pm
@RABEL222,
i responded with slanderous comments to your remark about slanderous statements
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 04:13 pm
@RABEL222,
sure , i ignore nobody, those guys are a hoot, only an idiot would treat them seriously

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 04:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
So what ever definition you give a word is the one that all posters here should also give. And that isent doing what you say you refuse to let others do to you. How about using a dictionary?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 04:20 pm
@revelette,
I wondered about this too but wasent interested in starting more BS.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 05:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Wow.. So many statements. So much ignorance about facts

Schultz was suspended for a week for calling Ingram a slut. And he only made the statement once. Unlike Rush who has gone on and on including asking for a sex tape from Fluke.

I doubt testifying to Congress once makes one a public figure.

As for the rest of your diatribe. Really? Have you read her testimony or only heard the Rush version?
Quote:
Not only does she want Georgetown to pay for contraception, she wants it to pay for sex changes.
NO evidence of that in her testimony. Are you just lying there Finn?
Quote:
She also is a wild exaggerator, if not a liar. The cost of birth control for 99% of Georgetown students would never cost $3,000 a year.
Since her testimony makes no such statement, it would be YOU that is either an exaggerator or a liar.

Her actual testimony can be found here
http://abcnews.go.com/images/Politics/statement-Congress-letterhead-2nd%20hearing.pdf
Fido

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 05:19 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Free your mind, and the rest will follow.
if you free your mind it is possible body and mind will go to prison... whatever the difference may be since a society like ours mared by prison walls threatens all liberty until the only difference between those in and those out is the degree of sadism each must suffer.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 05:34 pm
@parados,
Did you bother to read the testimony you've cited?

Quote:
Without insurance coverage, contraception can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school.

Quote:
Sandra Fluke is on Twitter under the twitter name @SandraFluke. Here are some little gems of information you can get from her Twitter account as of 7:40 last evening:

•Fluke has sent 42 Tweets to her followers. Her first Tweet was sent on February 17th. That Tweet read: “Thank you for supporting women’s voices & women’s issues! Follow me for updates on the #contraception struggle.”

•Throughout her Tweeting Fluke consistently refers to her appearance with Nancy Pelosi as a “hearing” and to her statements as “testimony.” It was not a hearing, and she did not testify. She was never under oath. It was a meeting with some Democrats and she spoke. That’s it.

•When Fluke opened her Twitter account the VERY FIRST person she followed was MSNBC’s Rachael Maddow.

•The SECOND person Fluke followed on Twitter was none other than Ed Schultz. Interesting, isn’t it? As soon as Fluke made elected to follow Maddow, she then chose as No. 2 a man who referred to a female conservative talk show host as a “slut.”

It’s worth noting here that after Ed Schultz was suspended from his MSNBC TV show for calling Laura Ingraham a slut, he apologized. Laura Ingraham accepted the apology. Rush Limbaugh also apologized. Fluke refused to accept the apology. Why? Because that might be the end of the publicity train for the lovely Sandra. Refuse to accept the apology and the guest appearances on TV and in other media conti9nue.

http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-nuze/2012/mar/06/who-sandra-fluke/

Check her Tweet account if you don't buy Boortz.

Quote:
My name is Sandra Fluke, and I’m a third year student at Georgetown Law, a Jesuit school. I’m also a past president of Georgetown Law Students for Reproductive Justice or LSRJ. I’d like to acknowledge my fellow LSRJ members and allies and all of the student activists with us and thank them for being here today.

Quote:
In an article that Fluke co-edited with Karen Hu in the Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law, entitled "Employment Discrimination Against LGBTQ Persons," there is a subsection of the article entitled "Employment Discrimination in Provision of Employment Benefits." Both Fluke and her co-editor describe two forms of discrimination in benefits that they believe LGBTQ individuals face in the work place.

"Discrimination typically takes two forms: first, direct discrimination limiting access to benefits specifically needed by LGBTQ persons, and secondly, the unavailability of family-related benefits to LGBTQ families."

Their "prime example" of discrimination, according to Fluke and Hu is not covering sex change operations.

"A prime example of direct discrimination is denying insurance coverage for medical needs of transgender persons physically transitioning to the other gender."

In a subsection titled "Gender Reassignment Medical Services:"

"Transgender persons wishing to undergo the gender reassignment process frequently face heterosexist employer health insurance policies that label the surgery as cosmetic or medically unnecessary and therefore uncovered."

Fluke and Hu allege employers are engaging in discrimination against their employees who want them to pay for their sex changes because their "heterosexist" health insurance policies.

http://www.catholic.org/politics/story.php?id=45074

Now comes the predictable, "Who believes your sources?!"

She has appeared on NBC three times since her "testimony" and once on the View. I've no doubt she's made other public appearences.

Regardless of how Schultz was punished by his employer, the question posed to farmerman was whether or not he consider the Schultz comment to be slander.

Wow Paradox..so much willful ignorance...or are you just that empty headed?