WAS I BANNED FROM A2K???

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hey, Edgar.

I honestly do not personally remember anyone being banned, but I want to think I would remember if I had been. Just checking.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:29 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
See, there you go again--you can't let go, you can't pass up an opportunity for a cheap shot. You're pathetic.

Geez, Set. I thought you would consider that a compliment. You often mention what a formidable opponent you are!

Really...you think I am pathetic, huh? Well, I hate to tell you this, because I know how much you dislike it, but...you are a fellow human being and I love ya, Set.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:30 pm
@Setanta,
Stalking craven? Are you on drugs??? You crack me up!!!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:30 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
It only matters because you, puling hypocrite that you are, have been constantly posting about how nasty i am, and how civil and friendly you are. As i said, you've been attempting to pick a fight, and all the while playing the "who me?" innocent routine. As i've also said, you're pathetic.

You are repeating yourself, Set. Wonder if that is a sign of anything?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:32 pm
@trying2learn,
Quote:
It only matters because you, puling hypocrite that you are, have been constantly posting about how nasty i am, and how civil and friendly you are. As i said, you've been attempting to pick a fight, and all the while playing the "who me?" innocent routine. As i've also said, you're pathetic.

Don't think I've had the pleasure of speaking with you before, Trying2learn, but if Set was mean to you...you have become part of a not especially exclusive group.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:33 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Oh you poor baby . . . that was while you were stalking Craven. As it happens, i am perfectly calm. I will continue to calmly point out that Frank is trying to pick a fight, and has been since yesterday, while taking every opportunity to take cheap shots. It's about all he's got in his rhetorical quiver.

Whoa..."rhetorical quiver!"

Now that is classy. I love it. It reinforces my love for you, Set.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:33 pm
Why are you fighting? Set is an okay person and so are you Frank.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank I have often read what you and others write so I almost feel like I know you. I am not in any group. Another way you can find out if you were banned is if you have a back up to your computer. Most people I know do, so do you?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 02:18 pm
I got a reply from the staff. Since they asked me to share the information, here is the reply in its entirety:

First -- and it would be good if you could pass this part on in your thread -- we haven't called it a "ban" in a long time. The term has been "suspension" for quite a while now.

There are several reasons for that, chief among them being accuracy (suspensions are temporary the vast amount of time).

Suspensions vary in duration according to what happened and how many suspensions that account has already had in the past.

Now, for the specifics of your question -- we don't know. Sorry.

A2K has been around for ten years now and has been through a few iterations, including complete database changes. It's very likely that you were suspended at some point in the past, since the sort of jousting you tend to engage in (like "**** you") has been more tightly moderated in the past than it is now. However, we no longer have access to the records that would indicate that one way or another, except in extreme situations. (This isn't one.)

So...there is no definitive answer. I however suspect that if I had been suspended, I would remember...and while I knowledge that I did engage in heated discussions...I don't ever remember stepping so far over the line that a suspension would be in order. And I am hoping that if I had received a warning, I would have taken the hint and backed off.

I respectfully suggest to Setanta that he is wrong--that I was never suspended. It seems to me, by the way, that I use to honor the rule about language. I remember distinctly that I use to write the word "****" as "shyt." In any case, I almost never use the expression "**** you"--although I am fond of "**** off."

In any case, I think the charge is a mistake on the part of Setanta.

Thanks everyone for responding.

0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 04:40 pm
Frank:

I remember now.

It had to be about six or seven years (maybe eight) ago because we talked about it on the Pan several times when it was still an empty place and I was still fat.
You were not banned.
You got really pissed off at just about everybody except me, Jane (oops, can't remember her screen name) and Bernie (same deal ) and Kicky was spared your wrath.

You just stopped posting on A2K. If I remember right you stayed off most of that summer and into the fall. It made the place like a desert for me.

We had several talks about to pronounce Setanta. SEtanTAH or SeTANta or SeSHIT-tED. (pronounced: "say **** head" It was hysterical,but we had usually had at least a couple of beers by then. (No offense, Setanta, we're just talking.) We also talked about several, many, others. Just funning......

Check and see if that's when you started over at the OTHER (Open) site.

I'm pretty sure I'm right.

A2k is better with you on it than off. Much better.

Joe(welcome back)Nation
djjd62

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 04:49 pm
so, are we getting the banned back together
Rockhead

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 04:52 pm
@djjd62,
got any plain white toast?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 05:13 pm
@Joe Nation,
My first post over at the other forum was in October 2008.

I did take lots of time off from all posting for a while…but not as a result of a ban. I got tired of the fighting…and I got tired of me being nasty. When I started at Abuzz…there was no nastiness. But “nastiness” seems to be contagious, and I caught it bad for a while.

At some point, I tried several different forums…and was pretty much asked to leave a couple of the atheist forums for acting unruly (i.e. being an agnostic)…but I do not ever remember being banned from A2K--and I always missed it.

Glad you stopped by, because I am sure we would have discussed it if it had happened—and I hadn’t thought about asking you or Kicky.

The thread that Setanta spoke of where this supposedly happened is:

http://able2know.org/topic/22903-9

That was in April 2004.

I have many posts in A2K after April of 2004…and no mention of a banning that I could find.

April is always bad news for me with the forums. My time for Internet discussions goes down as my time for golfing goes up. So I was about to enter golf season when that thread was active…and that may account for my absence. To give him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps Set thought my absence meant that I had been banned.

I do not remember saying, “**** you” to him, but it is not impossible. He does occasionally get to me—I will acknowledge that.

<b>We had several talks about to pronounce Setanta. SEtanTAH or SeTANta or SeSHIT-tED. (pronounced: "say **** head" It was hysterical,but we had usually had at least a couple of beers by then. (No offense, Setanta, we're just talking.) We also talked about several, many, others. Just funning...... </b>

Seems to me we decided the first "e" in his name was pronounced the Latin way, and the correct pronunciation was SATAN-ta. Maybe I am wrong about that.

<b>A2k is better with you on it than off. Much better. </b>

Thanks buddy. ‘preciate it!

You gonna be there on the 15th?
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 05:29 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
Jane (oops, can't remember her screen name)
lola...
Quote:
and Bernie (same deal )
blatham...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 05:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Glad you're back
JPB

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 06:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'm not sure what precipitated this thread. Apparently, there was another thread where Set said you'd been banned and you don't recall that event. Ok. And, so? Why is this (seemingly) so important to you?
Ragman

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 06:20 pm
@JPB,
pissing contest (mutually rewarding) ?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 06:24 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
Glad you're back

Glad to be back.

How are things in Oz these days?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 06:27 pm
@JPB,
Quote:
I'm not sure what precipitated this thread. Apparently, there was another thread where Set said you'd been banned and you don't recall that event. Ok. And, so? Why is this (seemingly) so important to you?

If you really want an answer...go through the entire thread and see if you can piece it together, JPB. Not trying to brush your question off, but I'd just as soon let the thing die for now...and going through an explanation will just drag it out.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 06:28 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
pissing contest (mutually rewarding) ?

Ummm...might be a tiny bit of that happening. All pissing contests are rewarding after a fashion.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 11:43:04