WAS I BANNED FROM A2K???

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 12:02 pm
Who hasn't been banned or restricted here?

I once, in an attempt to start a Happy Birthday thread, sent the same "When's your birthday?" PM to five people and, as a result, got restricted from messaging for about two weeks because "I was spamming....."

um.

Right. I confess.

Joe( that learned me)Nation
wandeljw

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 12:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
This may not help, Frank, but I remember having lunch in Chicago with some A2Kers, including cicerone imposter. Cicerone claimed that he had been banned more than anyone. Of course, I immediately piped up, "Even more than Frank Apisa???"

I am only saying that there always was that kind of gossip going on at A2K. I think that we all like to joke about people we think have been banned. The truth may be entirely different.
roger

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 12:39 pm
@wandeljw,
Anyhow, it has always been management policy to not comment on the subject.

Well, not exactly always. There was a learning curve when the site was first established.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 12:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Have you ever posted under the name of J Goldman?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 12:57 pm
Before the new a2k was launched there were several persons banned, temporarily. I can think of a few, but not sure about Frank.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:08 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks, Beth. I've done as you suggested. Will let everyone know when I get an answer. For the record: I am almost positive I have never been banned.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:09 pm
@JPB,
Thanks. Already have done it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:11 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
No, i think making an issue ot the matter, by asking people who cannot possibly answer your question--making it a public issue, is a part of the ongoing attempt to pick a fight which you started yesterday.

Just trying to find out if you are correct, Set. Didn't realize this is not the way to do it, but at least others who also may not know now know how to do it.

And I am not attempting to pick a fight. Certainly not with you...who we all know is the wrong guy to pick a fight with.
Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
See, there you go again--you can't let go, you can't pass up an opportunity for a cheap shot. You're pathetic.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:15 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
in the greater scheme of things, does this matter to either of you?

if it does, I say to both of you

Well, Beth, obviously it does matter to Setanta, who now has posted about it twice. The second posting was:

First, you were the one who was banned for saying "**** you" to me, but you behave as though that incident had never occured.

Obviously he wants me to take his charge seriously...so I am doing so. I think it is the least I can do.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:16 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
It was part of the great New Jerseyian ban of 2006-2008 aimed at golfers who disagree with the beliefs of Jesuit Priests in seminaries on the planet Cronkite in a galaxy far far away.

Damn, I forgot all about that. But I still think I managed to get by on the grandfather clause.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:17 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
Who would ban you and why??? For not wearing a hat with that jbf hair???We've all had days when we looked like that, and if not so bad then still, like...

Beats me, Fido.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:19 pm
@Ragman,
I did change my screen name while at Abuzz. I was new to these forums and didn't realize one was allowed to use one's real name...which I prefer.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:23 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
Who hasn't been banned or restricted here?

Me, I think!

Still checking.

By the way, Jonathan, I hope you are one of the people who noticed that I did not ask if I had ever been banned...but rather, "How do I go about finding out if I ever was banned?"

I've now gotten the answer (use the "contact us" feature)...and I appreciate it. Glad there is so much interest in the question.
trying2learn

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:24 pm
@Setanta,
Set, I remember how mean you were to me. Calm down, not everyone is bad!
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:25 pm
@wandeljw,
Quote:
This may not help, Frank, but I remember having lunch in Chicago with some A2Kers, including cicerone imposter. Cicerone claimed that he had been banned more than anyone. Of course, I immediately piped up, "Even more than Frank Apisa???"

I am only saying that there always was that kind of gossip going on at A2K. I think that we all like to joke about people we think have been banned. The truth may be entirely different.

Yeah, Wandel...when I get together with A2K people, we often mention and comment on others also...and joke about things.

But since this was raised by Set...and since he mentioned it twice and actually questioned why I had not responded to it...I thought I should find out.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
If you want to know if you were banned, use the contact us at that the bottom of the screen.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:26 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Have you ever posted under the name of J Goldman?

Nope. In A2K I've always been Frank Apisa. I have used frankapisa in some forums, but I do not think here.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:27 pm
@trying2learn,
Oh you poor baby . . . that was while you were stalking Craven. As it happens, i am perfectly calm. I will continue to calmly point out that Frank is trying to pick a fight, and has been since yesterday, while taking every opportunity to take cheap shots. It's about all he's got in his rhetorical quiver.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:58:47