Satirists needed

Monger

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 08:32 am
Cool, blatham. I for one think you'd be great for it.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 09:09 am
monger

Tah. I LOVE the onion, but it doesn't accept submissions and I want to (quoting Car Rove) GRIND THAT LITTLE SHITRAG INTO THE GROUND SO GODDAMNED FAR IT IS GOING TO SQUIRT OUT THE ASS OF A CHINAMAN
0 Replies

PegasusPatt

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 10:08 am
If Scrat would ask me just 1 more time to explain plain English, that would indeed be something to ponder & not to mention get me started on his happy butt! Wink

Happy Days Are Here Again! Thank God!
Patt Smile
0 Replies

PegasusPatt

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 10:10 am
Blatham, it states that you are a "Veteran Member"... "Veteran" of what? Thugonomics? Wink

"The South WILL Rise, & Is Rising Again! Smile
Patt
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:17 am
I am available to be funny at a moments notice.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 10:42 am
marking my spot
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 11:04 am
PegasusPatt wrote:
If Scrat would ask me just 1 more time to explain plain English, that would indeed be something to ponder & not to mention get me started...

LOL...yes, Scrat requires lots of clarification on the multitude of nits he furiously picks.

Best just to let him wonder... :wink:
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 06:13 pm
what about a cyber puppet ?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 02:34 am
Ok, it's online (though under construction).

Right now it works like this. Post to the waggery forum ( http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=72 ) and if it gets featured it goes to the home page of waggery.

Individual blogs etc is something that needs to be decided on/created later.
0 Replies

PegasusPatt

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 06:19 am
Frank, I did laugh, just not all the way to the "Online Bank"... lol j/k

Toodle-Loo...
Patt Wink
0 Replies

PegasusPatt

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 06:31 am
Quick Frank, be funny, now, ok? lol You are indeed a riot my friend! Smile

Ta-Ta,
Patt Wink
0 Replies

PegasusPatt

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 06:33 am
PDiddie wrote:
PegasusPatt wrote:
If Scrat would ask me just 1 more time to explain plain English, that would indeed be something to ponder & not to mention get me started...

LOL...yes, Scrat requires lots of clarification on the multitude of nits he furiously picks.

Best just to let him wonder... :wink:

Well, if Scrat needs all that clarification, reckon we should just leave him wondering? That would surely give him something to ponder upon, yes? lol Wink

Have a Good 'Un!
Patt Wink
0 Replies

ronmac60

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 10:35 pm
Craven, would religious satire be out of bounds? For example here is my best one :

Christianity started out in Palestine as a Fellowship, moved to Greece and became a Philosophy, to Italy as an Institution ,then to Europe as a Culture and finally to America as an ENTERPRISE !

Ron
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 10:02 pm
ronmac60 wrote:
Craven, would religious satire be out of bounds? For example here is my best one :

Christianity started out in Palestine as a Fellowship, moved to Greece and became a Philosophy, to Italy as an Institution ,then to Europe as a Culture and finally to America as an ENTERPRISE !

Ron

I like it. Can I quote you ?
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 11:00 pm
Ah, a newcomer. Welcome to the forum LionTamer.
0 Replies

ronmac60

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 11:27 pm
Of course. Nothing I say is absolutely original but made up from accumulated bits and pieces of things other people have said or suggested. Please feel free to use it as you wish.

As a student of religious history for more than 60 years I've read and written words that have come from as far back as Tacitus, Pliny, Josephus, Eusebius and Juvenal and I've modified some of the utterances of Billy Graham and even Jerry Falwell. Only the thought of losing all self respect has prevented me from quoting Jimmy Swaggert.

My last contribution with borrowed words, changed to suit the ocassion was with a pro-abortion group who wanted to oppose a Catholic group who were passing out anti-abortion leaflets. I suggested they paste bumper stickers on all the catholic's cars which said " KEEP YOU ROSARIES OUT OF OUR OVARIES".

I still don't know which side won !
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:52 am
Is this satire site still in the works?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 03:22 pm
It's here: www.waggery.com

Topics in Able2Know's Waggery forum that get featured show up there.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 11:10 pm
Wow,
Sorry to take so long to make it back to this particular thread. I got lost reading all the other ones. This place is fantastic. I'm one of those folks who is fascinated by "useless" trivia. There is no such thing as useless trivia. Joe Franklin calls it " Significa "... I'm with him..
LTX
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 10:59 am
Interesting.
0 Replies