Real Richness

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 11:51 am
Real Richness Is When You Are So
Expensive That No One Can Buy Your Character. . . !

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 01:25 pm
@Triste Joven,
Triste,

May I make a suggestion?

Make a thread titled Triste Joven's favorite quotes and put all these quotes there rather than starting new topics for each one. That way you and others will be able to easily refer back to it to read them again.

Also, if you want to add a new post to a thread, go to that thread and click on the Reply button. When you use the form on the home page of this site, it creates a new topic rather than adding a post to an existing topic.

For more help learning how to navigate your way around this site, check out this tutorial:

http://able2know.org/topic/152761-1
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 02:42 pm
@Triste Joven,
Triste Joven wrote:

Expensive That No One Can Buy Your Character. . . !
Ethics is character; and as Lincoln said whan he threw a man out of his office for trying to get him to accept a bribe: It's not because you did not offer enough, but because you were so close to my price... The problem with government, especially with the people's house, is that representatives were supposed to be many representing few, but they have changed the rules so that few represent many... Before, it was unlikely that any person's price would exceed the value of their honor, and now that is all but certain that it will... The problem resulting from this, is that the power taken by individuals which they can then trade for money- is power stolen from the institution, which would be a juggernaut if it actually represented the people, and would be irresistable... Now it is putty in the hands of party, but it does not represent the people it intentionally divides... No one should have such power that their price is greater than the value of their honor to them...
Triste Joven

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 08:27 pm
@Fido,
Didn't Get Anything. . Sad
0 Replies

Triste Joven

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 06:37 am
@Fido,
I Do Get Many Other Men But Except From You. . Smile
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 06:47 am
@Triste Joven,
That reminds me of the old joke:

Man: Would you have sex with me for 5 million dollars?
Woman: (thinking) Yes, for 5 million dollars I would.
Man: Would you have sex with me for 50 dollars?
Woman: (disguested) What kind of woman do you think I am???
Man: We have already determined what kind of woman you are. Now we are just discussing your price.
Fido

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 08:56 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

That reminds me of the old joke:

Man: Would you have sex with me for 5 million dollars?
Woman: (thinking) Yes, for 5 million dollars I would.
Man: Would you have sex with me for 50 dollars?
Woman: (disguested) What kind of woman do you think I am???
Man: We have already determined what kind of woman you are. Now we are just discussing your price.

The problem is that economic injustice always results in sexual injustice, and in a moral society as in all forms of relationship there is an economy and politics... There is a fair trade of sexuality and intimacy in the bed of every marriage, but the larger economy of society, if it makes a commodity of all things, even of honor, will in time demean and devalue the economy of the bedroom, and those who understand that in such relationships is the last bastion of a healthy society will be outraged....It is pure blindenss that causes people to hate the whore or party girl, and bless the economy which made them...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 09:02 am
@Triste Joven,
Quote:
Expensive That No One Can Buy Your Character
If it was ever for sale, It was never character.

Its like saying "When you can fake sincerity youve got it knocked"
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 09:04 am
@Triste Joven,
From your title I thought this was a cooking thread .
0 Replies

Triste Joven

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 12:42 pm
@Fido,
I think this quote was about relation, and you reached at management of office. . :/
Fido

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 02:33 pm
@Triste Joven,
Triste Joven wrote:

I think this quote was about relation, and you reached at management of office. . :/
There is no difference between the honor and morality of the citizen and his representative... You can't take an honest man... If we were really moral we would hang our government from lamposts... We feel that our own imperfection prevents our asking better of people, all people, even in our relationships... And this is a huge mistake...
Triste Joven

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2012 03:06 am
@Fido,
The post was merely meant for
character,dignity n morality..
Not fa price hike. . Haha
Fido

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2012 08:57 am
@Triste Joven,
Triste Joven wrote:

The post was merely meant for
character,dignity n morality..
Not fa price hike. . Haha
A lot of people do not get that every relationship demands honor and honesty, truth, dignity, and respect... Ethics is character, and the fact that our relationships across the board are falling to pieces has everything to do with our state of demoralization... At some point, we are going to have to find our character as individuals and as a nation, and seize it, and hang those who always put a price on it so it can be sold cheaply...
Triste Joven

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2012 12:36 pm
@Fido,
I Really Don't Know What you are tryna relate, actually the fiasco talking about something else,
my post is totally different one. . .
And don't raise your voice instead raise the quality of your words. .
At the end of the day, that's how it goes. . . Smile
Fido

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2012 02:02 pm
@Triste Joven,
Triste Joven wrote:

I Really Don't Know What you are tryna relate, actually the fiasco talking about something else,
my post is totally different one. . .
And don't raise your voice instead raise the quality of your words. .
At the end of the day, that's how it goes. . . Smile
Some people never get it, and either it comes to them without thought, or they are just thoughtless idiots who screw up every relationship they blunder into...Peece
Triste Joven

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 12:44 pm
@Fido,
Some Men really mess it all and
dont consider the fact their words
have no link to the topic!! =D
and fine if none got you..
You better gallop your philosophical
words yourself.. Don't force them into others ears! ;p a Gag. . Very Happy haha
0 Replies