It’s going to be a Gay Wedding

Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:04 pm
I’m planning the wedding of two good friends of mine for May of this year at The Water Club in New York. I'm so incredibly happy for my friends and as I prepare for that day, they know that I love them both very much and I’m proud to stand with them as you enter into their marriage.

I will write more about the most amazing day, but perspective requires some distance for now.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 24 • Views: 23,078 • Replies: 273
Topic Closed

Butrflynet

Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:10 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
The weather should be beautiful in New York at that time of year.

If you need help with ideas/suggestions, don't be bashful about asking here.
Sloan

Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:16 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Mazal tov!
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:24 pm
@Butrflynet,
OMG thank you! I am going to need all the help I can get. I’ve never planned a wedding before and I’m having a panic attack just thinking about it, one of them is one picky biotch!
Rockhead

Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:25 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
you mean Drucilla?

good luck with that...

Laughing
EqualityFLSTPete

Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:26 pm
@Rockhead,
That would be her, the Jewish princess! I have my work cut out for me that’s for sure!
Roberta

Mon 20 Feb, 2012 04:55 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
So you've got a JAP on your hands. I'm familiar with the breed.

Relax. Nothing you do will be good enough.

I'll be following along. If I can think of something to help, I'll let you know.

0 Replies

jespah

Mon 20 Feb, 2012 07:23 am
RP and I were married in NY in May (20 years ago this year, actually). It is a beautiful time of year but do keep in mind that if you're doing anything outside, you need contingency plans in the event of rain. Of course there's a billion other things, but for a wedding the first things should be date and place. A lot of other stuff begins to fall into place once those two things are set.
wandeljw

Mon 20 Feb, 2012 07:49 am
A few years ago, my wife's coworker had an online blog about his wedding in San Francisco. I do not know if it is still available. I will provide a link if I can.
0 Replies

Izzie

Mon 20 Feb, 2012 12:08 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
<dons virtual hat> Very Happy

Ooooooooooh, you'll do a great job for the boys, so don't panic! Do tell as you go along, if you can.

<pls send hugs to our two and half men - missing seeing them around <sigh> >
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 20 Feb, 2012 12:24 pm
I'll be following along too.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Mon 20 Feb, 2012 12:50 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

RP and I were married in NY in May

Yes, but were you gay married?
jespah

Mon 20 Feb, 2012 02:01 pm
@joefromchicago,
We were happy, yes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 20 Feb, 2012 09:14 pm
May the bird of paradise poop on your nose.
ossobuco

Mon 20 Feb, 2012 09:20 pm
@ossobuco,
I think pot stickers would be good at the wedding, but I'm not sure they're so easy as they need to be fresh and hot
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 11:30 am
Date is set, terrace booked, restaurant booked, working on the guest list and plan on having it done by the end of the week.

The Water Club has been very helpful. I panicked just a bit after seeing a few of the estimates then remembered I’m not the one paying for it.

If they would only legalize Gay marriage in every state that would be the boost our economy needs.
Butrflynet

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 01:04 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Jeff and Larry will love what ever you do to help them celebrate this big event in their lives.
EqualityFLSTPete

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 01:21 pm
@Butrflynet,
Jeff is very easy going, Larry on the other hand is one pushy little bitch Smile
FOUND SOUL

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 01:57 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
No pink flowers for the page boy Smile How exciting!

EqualityFLSTPete

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 05:41 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
The Princess wants white callas lilies at his wedding.

I’m not going to stress about it; I have two members from the Equality NY chapter doing a little volunteering for me. Its not as easy as I thought, would be but I’m in Florida and the wedding is in NY!

I may ask my doctor for a prescription of xanax before this is over.