It’s going to be a Gay Wedding

EqualityFLSTPete

Fri 1 Jun, 2012 04:51 pm
And it’s done!

Everything went to plan. The Water Club was wonderful with helping everything come together. The food and service at the reception was fantastic. The ceremony was beautiful. They prepared their own vows. At the advice of the hotshot lawyer I’ll let the boys post photos when they get home.
ossobuco

Fri 1 Jun, 2012 05:37 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Yay.

Now I'll try to let y'all in peace to have a good time.
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Fri 1 Jun, 2012 08:02 pm
@CalamityJane,
That’s true Jane I do work for myself. I own my shop. It is true you can be legally terminated in Florida for being opening Gay however I don’t think Morgan or Marco care who knows and I know they will not hide their relationship from anyone.
CalamityJane

Fri 1 Jun, 2012 09:04 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Good for them - all of you for that matter! No one should be terminated other than for poor work performance - everything else is of no concern to an employer.
0 Replies

JeffreyEqualityNewma

Sat 2 Jun, 2012 11:56 am
@MMarciano,
No Morgan isn’t bitchy at all. He’s a generious kind soul and I’m delighted to call him my friend.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Sat 2 Jun, 2012 12:30 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
EqualityFLSTPete wrote:
And it’s done!

Everything went to plan. The Water Club was wonderful with helping everything come together.
The food and service at the reception was fantastic. The ceremony was beautiful.
They prepared their own vows.
I hope that u tried their Mashed Potatoes O’Keeffe !
Were u there at nite? Good vistas, thru big windows

David
EqualityFLSTPete

Sun 3 Jun, 2012 03:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Well to be honest after the champagne I don’t recall what we ate. My partner and I stayed at the Hilton, not far from the Water Club. We didn’t have much time NY, had to leave early the next morning.
OmSigDAVID

Sun 3 Jun, 2012 04:11 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
I see.
How was the food on the cruise ship ?
Maybe u cud get some really fresh sea food, there ?

David
EqualityFLSTPete

Sun 3 Jun, 2012 06:34 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
The food was fabulous! You could eat all day if you wanted to, Jeff and I watch our weight so the amount of food wasn’t a big deal but they did have all kinds of fish, shrimp, desserts. I’m sure I gained at least two pounds by the time we docked. Laughing
0 Replies

chai2

Tue 5 Jun, 2012 05:51 pm
@Adam4Adam,
Adam4Adam wrote:

You got it right, he calls them daddy and daddy Morgan. Two weeks ago at softball practice I heard one of the kids asking him about two daddies and he said “ yeah what’s the big deal” I thought that was cute. Smile

I had a dream last night.

In it I was walking into a grocery store, 2 women were in front of me. There was a little girl with them, who stopped outside to check something out. I continued going, but kept an eye on here, knowing she'd come running inside in a moment.
I heard her behind me calling out "Mommies! Mommies!" I called ahead to the 2 women "Your little girls calling you. Here she comes."
I caught up to the women and asked "If she calls you both just Mommy, doesn't that get confusing? I have 2 friends Marco and Morgan and their son calls Marco daddy, and Morgan daddy Morgan.

They were about to tell me how they did it, when something else happened in the dream, taking my attention.

"mommies" <snicker>
EqualityFLSTPete

Wed 6 Jun, 2012 06:15 pm
@chai2,
I can’t believe Morgan calls me from Spain while on his honeymoon to ask me if I would check on his neighbor and the three dogs and tortoises. If he only knew what his front yard looks like after last weeks storm he would have a hissy fit!

Maybe I should text him a photo? LOL Very Happy
FOUND SOUL

Thu 7 Jun, 2012 03:25 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Noooooooooo let them enjoy.

Mmm when is your wedding Anthony? Smile
EqualityFLSTPete

Thu 7 Jun, 2012 05:26 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Not for a while Smile we don't even live together yet. He has his house and I have mind, just works that way for us.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Fri 15 Jun, 2012 08:06 pm
How do you reduce to words all that your wedding day means?

It is one of the hardest things I've ever written. Perhaps second only to putting into words my love for Morgan. I honestly don't think I've ever truly "glowed" before my wedding day. I have now. So, it changed me. I've often wondered if marriage changes you, It does! I glowed. And more importantly, it opened my heart in a way I never could have imagined.

For the past three months or so, Morgan and I have planned the celebration of loving each other.We bought and mailed Save-the-Dates and wedding invitations. We booked flights and hotels. We hired car services and caterers. We invited the most important people in our lives to come and celebrate our love for each other. Of course all with the help of Anthony who put it all together and did a great job!

At first, it seemed a selfish request "Come celebrate our relationship!" But beneath the surface, it was a completely selfless act. Asking people to celebrate your love is asking them to celebrate you. We rarely do that. It forces us to open that most precious and vulnerable part of our soul to the world.

It's not just the number of "Accepts" and "Regrets." It's the way people say it. Some added smiley faces or wrote notes, like "With great joy," on their reply card as they accepted our invitation. Others checked regrets and called, practically in tears, to say that they could not attend. Each meant the world to us.

Only one person, a longtime but apparently estranged friend of mine, never replied.

Now that our day is done, I believe everyone who was meant to be there was there. People were moved. Some to tears, others to a new awakening of how precious love is, even between two men.

Not only does marriage change you, but it also changes the people around you. I truly believe there is one love and I found him. We are a family and what we have deserves to be called a marriage.
Ceili

Fri 15 Jun, 2012 08:10 pm
Beautiful! Congrats again.
0 Replies

sozobe

Fri 15 Jun, 2012 08:26 pm
@MMarciano,
Awww....! Welcome back, and congratulations!
0 Replies

Eva

Fri 15 Jun, 2012 08:46 pm
That was beautiful. Just beautiful.

I hope your honeymoon was as wonderful as the wedding, and you made memories to last a lifetime.

It's good to have you back!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Fri 15 Jun, 2012 09:09 pm
@MMarciano,
aawww what a great post, Marco!
You are right, you can live together for a long time, but once you are married,
things are different - hard to describe why, but it is that way.

I wish you both a very happy married life together and you'll do a great job
raising Antonio. All the best to you, you certainly deserve it!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Sat 16 Jun, 2012 12:34 am
@MMarciano,
CONGRATULATIONS, Again, Marco and Morgan !

May your joy multiply each day !

David
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sat 16 Jun, 2012 02:45 am
@MMarciano,
There are no words, it's in your hearts and always will be..

That was one of the most beautifulest things I have ever read...

Thank you.

Now get friggen back here we want photos Smile

Not really, that's up to you and we respect that.. A love like yours is for sure, eternity .. I'm glad it was everything you dreamed of and more.

0 Replies