Need I Say More?

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 07:36 am
@dlowan,
Oh, don't sell yourselves short, Miss Wabbit. This article from Skeptics Mag Hotline says that: "Australia is the largest bastion of creationism in the world outside America, so we need to pay close attention to what happens there."

A very interesting comment from the article:

"Creationism has entered Australia by stealth as a business. Once established in 1980, the lobbying of State governments was so successful that Queensland allowed the teaching of creationism as science to school children."

There is a disclaimer at the end of the article about allegations of financial fraud on the part of Oz creationists. Still and all, i think you can justifiably be proud of your nation's showing in the area of religious luancy.
JTT

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 11:20 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Still and all, i think you can justifiably be proud of your nation's showing in the area of religious luancy.

From whence did this "luancy" grow and proliferate? Dollars to donuts, I'd say that a lot of the backing came straight from deep pocket US fundamentalist groups.

0 Replies