http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/evolutionchart.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,925 • Replies: 21
No top replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 08:13 am
Americans are the world's best consumers, which also means they are the world's best at avoiding and weeding out bad products including bad ideological doctrines like evolution.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 08:54 am
Makes me wonder why so many fundamentalists may have emmigrated to the US.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 09:38 am
That's scary.
gungasnake

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 10:26 am
@chai2,
The only thing scary in the picture is that so many other nations, including several advanced ones, believe in bullshit doctrines like evolution to the extent that you read about. That's basically what makes things like Nazism and Communism possible.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 10:45 am
@gungasnake,
seriously gunga with no more comments and I mean this not as an insult but a fact. You are a narrow minded idiot IMO. I neither hate you or feel sorry for you. You are an endangered species and 99% of all species that ever survived on Earth have gone extinct at one time or another.
gungasnake

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 11:23 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
There may actually be hope for the blue-veined throbbing problem:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070710233928AAw4Xrq
JTT

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 11:24 am
http://able2know.org/topic/184131-1
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 11:29 am
@gungasnake,
You don't even get the humor, childish as it is, behind the name. I rest my case.
gungasnake

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 11:37 am
Most people are unaware of the extent to which evolution has been disproved over recent decades. The extent of such disproof is so vast that evolution is no longer being defended by anybody with brains and talent who has taken any sort of a hard look at the situation; it is defended by people with lifestyle issues and by academic dead wood like A2K's own "formerman".

Any one of the major disproofs alone would have been enough to kill any normal sort of science theory. These include:

• Fruit fly experiments in the early decades of the 1900s ( http://www.pathlights.com/ce_encyclopedia/Encyclopedia/10mut10.htm )
  • The discovery of RNA/DNA (information codes do not just happen...)
  • The Haldane dilemma ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/0963799908/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=15197342250&ref=pd_sl_2getvt0g2g_b )
  • Modern mathematics (Wistar, Fred Hoyle's commentaries etc.
  • Total lack of intermediate fossils (Gould/Eldredge/Mayr, others)
  • The question of the Cambrian explosion
  • Genetic entropy and the time frames it produces
  • Bob Bass' rework of Lord Kelvin's heat equations for the Earth with radioactive elements accounted for (200MY upper bound for Earth's age)
  • Known dinosaur type images in Amerind petroglyphs, Ica stones, dinosaurs in Amerind oral tradition (Vine DeLoria's "Red Earth, White Lies" etc)
  • Irreducible complexity of biochemical components of cells (Behe)

That's a short list and, again, it's more than enough. Readers not familiar with this stuff generally are advised to start their own path of study, which is now much easier than it was 30 years ago, what with the internet age, Google, and today's tools.

JTT

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 12:04 pm
@gungasnake,
Explain any one of them, Gunga.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 12:15 pm
@gungasnake,
Theres no evidence in there gunga, Its all tripe from your previously mined sites of fundamentalist bullshit spewers.

Gunga is also a denier of general and special relativity, so he, by extension is in denial about most of physics (since many of relativities equations are mere extensions of earlier forms. Its hard to deny "half an animal " gunga
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 12:32 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Fruit fly experiments in the early decades of the 1900s ( http://www.pathlights.com/ce_encyclopedia/Encyclopedia/10mut10.htm ) DOBZHNAKY and STURTEVANT have conducted fruit fly studies and real experiments to show how chromosomes interact in evolution

The discovery of RNA/DNA (information codes do not just happen) Yep, they EVOLVE try reading something from this half of the last century , youre embarrasing yourself

The Haldane dilemma ( To which Haldane himself recognized his error . Haldane did have some really good work on the mathematics of evolution several years later http://www.amazon.com/dp/0963799908/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=15197342250&ref=pd_sl_2getvt0g2g_b )

Modern mathematics (Wistar, Fred Hoyle's commentaries etc. Fred Hoyle BELIEVES in alien "Seeding" yet he had provided no evidence. WISTAR was actually merely the rental of the HAll AT Wistar Institute in 1966 by some mooga booga mathemeticians who had no ideas about biology(cmon gunga cant you read anything new. WScience moves on very fast

Total lack of intermediate fossils (Gould/Eldredge/Mayr, others)Where have you been gunga Your quotes of these guys are mere quopte mining (where you take a clip or two and glue them together so they appear to say something entirely different. ANYWAY, if you want to have a debtae about "missing intermediate fossils" Ill clean your clock with hardly an effort

The question of the Cambrian explosion SO you dont think that the entire period after the Cryogenian into the EDiacaran (roughly 60 million years ios enough time to develop hard parts? Anyway, we are all familiar with the role oxygen and calcium have played in the rise of life

Genetic entropy and the time frames it produces I have no idea what even you are getting at here

Bob Bass' rework of Lord Kelvin's heat equations for the Earth with radioactive elements accounted for (200MY upper bound for Earth's age) well hes certainly wrong isnt he. WHenever some clown tries to redo another clowns calculations, I dont think we should pay attention to either

Known dinosaur type images in Amerind petroglyphs, Ica stones, dinosaurs in Amerind oral tradition (Vine DeLoria's "Red Earth, White Lies" etc) wow, you still on to Ica stomes , even though theyve been admittedly "carved for the tourist trade"
The single carving of a "stegosaur " on the banks of the great lakes is a joke. Lets say it was real, was it the only "stegosaur" ever seen? where are all the other dinos and megafauna?

Irreducible complexity of biochemical components of cells (Behe) for which he has been debunked so well that he is almost a pariah in his craft. So far NO IRREDUCIBLKE Complexities have lasted more than a few weeks after close scrutiny

Im amazed at how you stick with only material that tries to criticoize standard biology and paleo and geochem. Wheres your own evidence of a positive nature that supports your beliefs?

IT DOESNT EXIST
gungasnake

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 01:35 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
The Haldane dilemma ( To which Haldane himself recognized his error .

Haldane was a committed evoloser, like you. He recognized a gigantic problem and published it assuming that other evolosers would find a way to make it go away, and they never did.

http://evolutionfairytale.com/articles_debates/haldane_rebuttal.htm

Fred Williams: Answering Evolutionist Attempts to Dismiss "Haldane's Dilemma"

Quote:
...In 1993 Walter ReMine’s book "The Biotic Message"1 hit the street, bringing with it several devastating arguments against evolution that are still clamoring through the halls and smoke rooms of the evolutionary faithful. One of these arguments is based on a paper by J. B. S Haldane in 19572 that showed the reproductive capacity of vertebrates was way too low to pay the costs needed to account for large-scale evolution. This problem is referred to as “Haldane’s Dilemma” (go here for an online discussion of the problem by Walter ReMine).
Refuting Robert Williams

So far I have only encountered one attack against Haldane’s Dilemma that offers any kind of sophistication, one posted on the internet by Robert Williams. It regularly shows up early in search engines when searching on “Haldane’s Dilemma”, so evolutionists often cite it or copy from it.

There are many, many problems with Robert Williams’ article. When I first read it, I became very suspicious that he had never read ReMine's book since ReMine deals with most of Williams’ arguments in his book. I contacted Mr. ReMine, and he confirmed that Williams eventually admitted on the newsgroup sci.bio.evolution to not having read the book. On several occasions I attempted to contact Williams about this, but he did not reply. It is very unfortunate that Williams refuses to do the right thing and properly review ReMine’s book before posting a rebuttal.

Nevertheless, since so many evolutionists refer to Williams' tenuous paper, I thought I would address its arguments. Robert Williams’ comments appear in italic green......

Long paper which totally annihilates the standard evoloser position which Formerman is attempting to cite here.

Evolosers have their positions on every issue which anybody could ever bring up with evolution and I could never hope to get the last word or the last post in against the formermen of the world, but it doesn't take much digging to get to the bottom of any of these issues and they all are toxic to evolution.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 02:30 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

You are an endangered species and 99% of all species that ever survived on Earth have gone extinct at one time or another.

And 100% of all species that have gone extinct were once endangered species.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 03:03 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
It seems like the further north you go, the higher the public acceptance of evolution. I wonder where the south american and australian areas would land on that chart.

blueveinedthrobber wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/evolutionchart.jpg
gungasnake

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 03:51 pm
@rosborne979,
Russia is pretty far North and I doubt you'd find too many evolosers in Russia, they've basically suffered too much from one of the ideological doctrines based on that bullshit.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 03:52 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Is your blue-veined throbbing problem as bad as this guys?

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOcbqKzPw8hHAFg22ul1mMIFjgTc_CP-epBV3aA57YEk73tJxU
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 05:53 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
You might find this a bit difficult to believe, but African cape buffalo occasionally suffer from the same sort of blue-veined throbbing problem you claim to experience. You'd never believe what they (the cape buffalo) do for it... It turn s out African lions are able to cure buffalo of the problem; a buffalo thus afflicted will seek out a group of three or four lions for treatment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvJf51SQyXg

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 07:16 am
@rosborne979,
Speaking for Australia I think evolution is pretty generally accepted as the best theory. Personally, when I was a Christian I could never see any drama about accepting evolution.

Sadly, we do have a reasonably large fundamentalist Christian etc. segment of society, but they don't seem to have anything like the kind of power they do in the US. They appear to adopt their ideas pretty much holus holus from your lot and I am always concerned that their power will grow, but we are a much more secular society.