Are there any flaws in the Theory of Evolution?

djjd62

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 10:41 am
there has to be evolution, even the most cruel god would not have created something as useless as politicians and telemarketers
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 11:25 am
@farmerman,
Yeah, but it's just political pandering to the far right wing of American conservatism. He's drinking the koolaid.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 01:10 pm
@High Seas,

My student wsnt really interested in a system he was more interested in members of populations. So yes he did require and end point of the expansions when doing a characteristics determination. He inserted brachiopods and trilobites in the Silurian /Devonian and compared evolutionary expansions(size, species /unit time etc) to the actual number of species of brachs seen from the fossil record. He was an Appiled science masters in Geosci and computer science (He is now a very wealthy kids who has developed a whole bunch of decision making software for gas field work).

Im npt sure how I would develop a model that would be "Hands on" with using an energy budget. AFter all, taking a cheetah, they are big overusers of their mitochondrial instructions. For a cheetah, I wonder how a "red queen" expansion between prey and predator would work.
farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 01:13 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:
models for stability conditions

been there, done that. Ive always been associeated with ground water models where 1 always = 2.
I hate it when the iterations have to be inspected with a fine toothed mind so we didnt screw up some teeny bit of time step
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 01:31 pm
When I was around 24 years old I was looking at a general choice between a career path leading to academic dead wood status (like formerman) and looking for honest jobs. I'm really happy with the choice I made...
farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 04:19 pm
@gungasnake,
not everybody can be the farmerman
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 04:24 pm
@gungasnake,
so you still selling Conservipedias?

Hows that workin out for you
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2012 06:20 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Im npt sure how I would develop a model that would be "Hands on" with using an energy budget.

The 2nd law doesn't mean the same in mathematics - there's a straightforward definition of entropy as the logarithm of the number of all possible "disordered" states (assuming there's only one ordered state, which reduces problem to combinatorials). A bit more general than energy transfer.

farmerman

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2012 07:58 pm
@High Seas,
hmmmm. Im not sure that I even follow. how is 2nd thermo different in math? the equations are the same for the phase rule or just math arent they? course , Im used to Gibbsian rather than Feynemanian usage.(yes I just made that name up)

High Seas

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 08:54 am
@farmerman,
Of course the equations are the same - I just thought the combinatorial approach was more elegant than physics or chemistry demos. But that's probably what one of the Bernoulli family had in mind when he said physics would benefit greatly if mathematicians vanished from the earth.
0 Replies

faiazk

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 12:07 pm
@rosborne979,
Why would he just day no without giving his reasons! and why would anyone care about opinions without reasons? and why is that not obvious to you?
0 Replies