Illegal dogs

quinn1

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:31 pm
Its always the bad ones giving all the good ones a bad image....sigh
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 02:07 am
My best friend had a Rotweiller and that dog was awesome. She loved me like crazy and got all excited every time she saw me. The dog was huge, but never hurt a fly. She was very protective though. My ex boyfriend and I had a little arguement over my friends house one day and when the dog started growling at him, he shut the hell up, LOL. Good dog :-D
0 Replies

Cheeki-Jess

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 02:27 am
i reckon that dogs that have a bad reputation shgould only be breed under supervision!!! I think that experts should be able to use them for work and breeding etc. but I dont think that just normal households should be allowed to keep the dangerous breeds Jess
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 04:25 am
I definitely don't think that any should be banned, but definitely stricter enforcement of animal control laws and serious penalties for when the dogs do injure or kill someone. A pet owner should definitely be up for involuntary man slaughter. And if it was because they were incompetently negligent, change that to a murder conviction. It takes responsibility to be a pet owner. The days of letting your dogs roam free are over.
0 Replies

cazzidy

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 05:30 am
answer to g-man
yh thts true they banned american pit bull terriers in britain they also banned the japanese tosa, the dogue argentino and the fila brasileiro now they might try and ban the rottweiler or somin anyway Twisted Evil fight the deed not the breed
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 07:50 pm
I live just south of kansas city, mo and pit bulls are banned in the city. I don't think anything should be banned. The dogs act as they are trained, that's all there is to it. My sister has a pit named Alex. She is one of the sweetest dogs I've come across. Like someone else said earlier, she trys to sit in everyone's lap. My sister has two children, one now 15 and one 10. She's never had a problem with the dog being mean, even to the little kitten.

I'd like to point out that this same thing occurrs with people. You have all these crazy white supremisists training their kids to hate jews and black people and gay people... Maybe we should ban these people from having children...sterilize them.
0 Replies

Qwijibo

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2007 05:01 am
Dogs act the way they are trained, or aren't trained as the case may be. I had a border collie who had been mistreated at her former home (about 4 years old I think she was at the time), she was the best dog I ever had, full of energy, slightly neurotic, and she herded my 12 year old brother around the house. Then she went and bit the postman and had to be put down... She really didn't like postmen, mostly because her former owner had locked her up in the porch passageway so that the only human contact she got was the postman on a morning. Still, she was nothing but sweet to me and my family. Though she wouldn't let my younger brother near the pups when they were born.

My mam had a great dane when she was a kid too, huge thing, was almost as big as her (it could put its paws on her shoulders and be about a foot taller than her) but was soft as muck.

My cousin's boyfriend just got himself a 2 year old bull terrier (not to be confused with a pit bull) - one of the softest dogs I've ever seen but its bloody heavy and bloody strong. Also one of the most flatulent dogs I've ever met, but that's beside the point.

Its all down to how the dog's raised. Jess (the border collie) calmed down a lot when she came to live with us but there was still that hatred for anything postman shaped. Then her pup went and chased a bus up the street... Such a shame.

On the other hand, a guy lives near me who treats his dog like utter crap. Kicks it when he takes it for walks, shouts at it, mistreats it something rotten; but it wouldn't hurt a fly. You could smack it over the head with a stick and it still wouldn't fight back. Which is a shame cause I really hate people who mistreat their dogs.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2007 06:32 am
I can understand why certain munis ban these dogs. You, a victim, can only react to when you are being attacked, you have no foreknowledge as to how the dog is socialized. I dont have time to "check out" every dog owner who may or may not be mistreating or training their dogs.
If the dogs that are known fighting breeds are around, either they have to be kept in tight control or be banned. PERIOD. I dont think that its the responsibility of the victim to be bitten or mauled just to find out whether that the dog was "bad". Im tired of all the excuses being forwarded about such dogs.
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 08:17 am
@farmerman,
u brought up fila braseileros.

they are widely renowned as the best guard dog money can buy.

the aggression towards "strangers" is a very distinct unique and desirable part of the breed.

(hrmm, south america? wonder why they want such a vicious and powerful guard dog, with scenting capabilities of a bloodhound...)

CAFIB sets the standard for them. there is also another organization but i forget what it is, cafib is more popular though.

now the pitbull on the other hand, any human aggression period is undesirable, obviously.these are the only dogs i know of that are bred specifically to not attacks humans.

they arent even good guard dogs. i walk into my friends abckyard he has 5 dogs 4 are pitbulls.they never met me before. im just like HEY whatsup pretty pitbulls!

they were wary at first, but i just acted confident and they were like YAY! playtime!
0 Replies