Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 01:33 pm
I removed my brine tank and clean it out but when I put it back into place and added salt I notice that it did not seem to be using any salt. I spoke with a plumber and he told me to add 4gals of water to the brine tank. It still does not look like it has used any salt. I have manually set it to regen and still does not seem to work. I have a AM24 timer. How do I check to make sure it is working properly?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,710 • Replies: 4
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 09:27 am
@alchevy70,
Many things could cause this: dead clock motor, sheared pin, worn O rings on the piston and brine injector are the 1st things I would look for.
FiatBen

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 02:19 pm
@H2O MAN,
I am glad I found H2O Man's forum even if I'm not sure how to start a thread or anything yet.
I am having a similar problem. My parents have a RainSoft Gold Seires, installed in 2000, which was upgraded with the EC4 Valve in 2009. The nearest service man is over 2 hours away, and too expensive for their fixed income. As best as I have been able to determine, working with the limited information in the file on the unit, the brine tank is not working. It appears that there is no flow in or out of the tank during a regeneration cycle. I am reluctant to just start taking things apart, especially without a good diagram of the brine tank float valve and related components. Any help is greatly appreciated.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 05:30 pm
@FiatBen,
Give me an email address and I'll forward what I have.

What state/town do your parents live in?
FiatBen

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 06:09 pm
@H2O MAN,
[email protected]
northwest Arkansas (Springdale)
0 Replies