Queer as Folk

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 06:51 pm
This show hooked me! I rented the Season 1 on DVD out of curiousity. I think this is a must see show, for gay men or straight women anyway. No, I'm female and not gay. lol! I do like those dancers at Babylon (sp?) though. What woman wouldn't!!

I have Showtime, which I believe carries this series. I can't find it! They aren't offering it with their On Demand viewing either. Does anyone know what happend to the show or what time or day I can catch it? Did it get canceled?

Please help me find this show! I live in the Cincinnati area.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,252 • Replies: 20
No top replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 07:50 pm
wildflower..welcome...and hope someone can assist you with it.

I saw the series when it was first on and loved it myself (yeah, those dancers are pretty hot to watch) and it was not long after I had to disintigrate my cable extras so, unfortunately...cant help you out with how long it lasted or if its still on or available anywhere.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:52 am
Q as F is currently in hiatus. Its 10:00P.M. Sunday slot on Showtime is the slot now showing "The L Word". (also an excellent show).
If you have digital, you can see last seasons reruns on SHO too.

For more info go to http://www.sho.com/site/queer/home.do
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 10:06 pm
Tried that! I do have digital cable. They are not showing this series with their others with On Demand viewing. I wasn't crazy about The L Word. I noticed that a few of the ideas are exactly the same as Queer as Folk, like looking for a sperm donor, which Lindsay and Mel did.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 02:18 pm
The "Q as F" reruns are not part of SHO on Demand but are a scheduled program on SHO too (similar to SHO Family and SHO Women). Perhaps your digital package does not include the eight Showtime channels with your SHO order. If it does, it's on at 9:50 on Sundays.

CORRECTION: That should be 9:50 Mondays. They are currently showing season 3.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 02:44 pm
Q as F has been consistently on my VOD in Orange County (Time-Warner) but it is currently not being shown as they just traversed the repeat of the entire fourth season. I would imagine the link given above gives the date for the beginning of the 5th season. A ground breaking series for sure, imported from England as an American version.
It would be interesting to see the British version.

Has anyone seen the new AB FAB's on Oxygen? Patsy and Eddie are back with some great guest stars. Think the formula will warrant the resurection (they're other series they timidly began didn't seem to make it).
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 06:22 pm
9:50, Sunday, I will be watching for that! Yeah, I do get at least seven different versions of HBO and Showtime. I have looked for Q as F on the Guide Channel. I haven't seen it! I don't get Warner. We have Insight in northern KY. It takes me a whole 15 to 20 minutes round trip to take my son to work in downtown Cincinnati, but they have Warner and we have Insight as cable providers with all different numbers for channels. Think the provider might make a difference? Probably not....

What is that show you are talking about? If it's good, please share!!!
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 08:11 pm
Wildflower, I put a correction on my previous post which you no doubt missed. The correct scheduled time for Q. as F. on Showtime too is 9:50 Monday (not Sunday) and they are currently showing season 3.
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 08:56 pm
Monday it is! Thanks much!! I guess that I'll be there staring at the TV. I don't have anything more important on the adgenda. lol!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 02:10 pm
"Absolutely Fabulous" The New Edisodes in on Oxygen Friday evenings. You'd have to check your local guide -- I've got it programmed in to record on my DMR and eventually onto a DVD. I don't have a seperate cable tuner to record off HBO but since they repeat their series episodes often and they are on VOD, I don't really need to (unless I wanted to make a DVD).

In my area, Q of F is on hiatus until the next season but they would likely begin traversing the entire series from season one if they begin showing it again until the new season, which is? I have yet to check up on that.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 05:45 pm
There was an item on the Q as F message board stating that an ad in the Advocate for season 3's DVDs cited April 18 as the start date for season 4.
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 06:11 pm
Thanks again everyone for the info! I'll have to look for that show. I'm a new cable subscriber and missed out on the good stuff for a long time. Any channel and show suggestions that are worthy of mention, please do!

I have to ask, what kind of contraption do you have that you can actually get a DVD that works from recording a TV show? I got a DVD burner and it has been a grand disappointment. I have DVD Shrink, which puts a DVD you want to copy on your hard drive and compresses to fit on one disc. Then you pick it up to burn on Nero. It gets around copywrite problems completely. They wont play!

Movies, I learned the hard way, have legs. Since DVDs are a tad expensive, I want them on DVD-RW. That way when someone borrows it and I never see it again, all they have is a copy. I'm missing so many loaner movies you wouldn't believe it. Well, if you have teens, you would believe it. Sorry! This question belongs in the computer section!

Back to Q as F topic, I'm interested in input from people that like this show. What do you think of Michael's latest, Ben? Not crazy about this too perfect guy, even if he wasn't HIV+. I think he really blew it with the doc. What do you think about the evolution of Justin in the story? I think Justin has a lot going for him. He is even a good influence on Brian, which is almost impossible to sway. It's almost tempting to feel a little bad for Brian who is dealing with loss of youth at the old age of 30, but he is so arrogant that he does have a bit of it coming. Emmit and Ted having a relationship? Hmmm....interesting!

I'm probably at least a season or so behind you guys since what I saw was rentable. I noticed on the posted site scenes beyond what I saw. I left off with the season end of Ted and Emmit as a possible couple and Justin leaving Babylon with the very attractive and talented music major at college after getting a little tired of Brian's ways. Can't say I blame the guy!

Anyone want to talk about the show?
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 09:50 pm
WildFlower, glad to see you joined. This site is much better than our old home huh? Sure are a lot more people...

I have never watched this show. Is this one of those reality shows?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 02:34 pm
You might say that considering how graphic they get with the gay sex -- especially Brian and Justin.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 02:40 pm
LOL! Nah - real sex NEVER goes so smoothly - nor are the participants so gorgeous!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 04:38 pm
There is an idealism at the core, to be sure. Even the gritty stuff has a glossy style.
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 11:29 pm
Great to hear from you Rover!! No, this definitely isn't your type of show. I would suggest a barf bucket for you with Brian and Justin. They are completley hot gay guys and the sex is pretty graphic. No, you wouldn't live through it. It was a fast way of clearing my living room with my son and his friends though!! They almost died at some of these scenes with gay guys. I love it!

Brian and Justin are total hot guys. I love the bottled water thing Brian does. Take a drink and pours it over his head with jeans and no shirt. What cool!! That's Brian though, the hot guy that gets them all, at least once before he gets bored.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 11:44 pm
OK, I was definitely thinking of a diferent show. I was thinking of Quer eye for the straight guy.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 02:50 pm
Oh yeah..thatd be totally different..I dont think theres ever been more than sexual inuendos on QE
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 05:46 pm
Hardly -- "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" is on network TV (well, it started on NBC's Bravo cable channel but they pretty much honor the code of broadcast TV). The explicit gay sex will bowl a lot of people over and make some extremely squeamish, and that doesn't have to be just because it's two men doing it. The psychology of the response to a show like this is fascinating.
0 Replies