Pub Poker company no longer exists... How to bypass Lease Codes?

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 08:52 pm
I purchased a few new "Pub Games" "Pub Poker" Systems (by Radica) at an auction. It consists of a big base/charger (which also re-programs the devices) and handheld devices which are what you actually play with for individual play or tournaments. They are meant for use at a bar or restaurant or whatever.

When trying to actually hook them up to make sure they work (So I can resell them) I ran into a problem... It requires a lease code be entered in order to play. The problem with this is that this product is no longer made, the company was bought out by Mattel so it no longer exists, the 800 number goes to something much different than than a support line, I cant find anything about this on the internet and I need HELP! If I can't figure out what to enter for a lease code, then I've lost money that I CAN NOT afford to have lost. (I'm NOT trying to rip-off the company.... there is NO company to pay!)

I have the manual and it mentions something about a possible error code "EEPROM data has been lost or corrupted and must be returned to Pub Games for service and reprogramming" (I didnt get this code but thought it might be insight for how this thing works & how to solve my problem)

Regarding the Lease Code it says it's ".. and 8-digit code assigned by pub games which extends the establishment operator's number of lease days remaining according to the lease extension fee paid...

I opened one of the bases to see if anything helpful might be lurking inside but found nothing but some type of motherboard, 2 actually, and a bunch of wires.

OK, that's all I know. I hope some angel out there can PLEASE help me figure out what to do! Thanks in advance for any help and/or suggestions!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,342 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 09:17 pm
@MoreQsThanAs,
Here's the Contact Us page on Mattel's website. Write them and see if they can help you out. They still carry some products by Radica according to a search I did on their site.

http://service.mattel.com/us/ContactUs.aspx

0 Replies