Bwahahahahaha

caprice

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 02:23 am
Did anyone watch 20/20 on Friday? (Apologies to those outside of North America.) They did a feature on homeopathic medicines. This one quack, a guy who supports homeopathy and has written seven books made a pretty unbelievable statement. Anyone with even a cursory knowledge of chemistry should be laughing after they read the following.

Quote:
How It Works

Homeopathic researchers look for substances in nature that mimic the various symptoms of a sick person. It's similar to the theory behind vaccinations. You're given a little bit of the disease to keep you from getting sick. In homeopathy, if you're allergic to cats, they may give you a tiny bit of cat hair that they claim will alleviate your sneezing and itchy eyes.

But many homeopathic products are diluted to such absurd degrees that it defies science and common sense.

And how far do they go? The Food and Drug Administration says some of these things have no molecules of the medicine left.

Ullman says that's true, but maintains even when the molecules are gone their message remains. "The water gets impregnated with the information or memory of the original substance," said Ullman, who asserts the water remembers the information.

I can't believe this man said it with a straight face! I wonder if he realizes how stupid he must look on national television. Check out the story here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 933 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Monger

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 04:25 am
I read the whole article....

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Good stuff. Thanks, caprice!
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 04:46 am
You're welcome Monger Smile
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 05:20 am
And monkeys fly out of my butt Laughing
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 05:29 am
Not that this is related or anything, but Cav's disclosure made me think of the Simpsons....

Burns: You know, Smithers, I think I'll donate a million dollars to the local orphanage...when pigs fly!
[They laugh. Homer's bbq pig flys past]
Smithers: Will you be donating that million dollars now, sir?
Burns: Nooo, I'd still prefer not.

audio: pigsfly.wav

Smile
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 02:02 pm
I'm worried about you Monger...quoting the Simpsons? Wink
0 Replies