I'm looking for a certain movie from I think early 90's?

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 01:59 am
All I can remember is the kid is in bed and he can see the spirits of I think 5 dead people and they talk to him, it's not a horror more of a comedy. He see's them in later life etc and I think they're helping him or something?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,607 • Replies: 7
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 06:13 am
@Goodlife21,
Pretty sure you are talking about Heart And Souls
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_and_Souls
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107091/
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 07:08 am
I suspect that you are referring to The Sixth Sense. The promotional catch phrase was the little boy saying: "I see dead people."
Linkat

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 08:06 am
@Setanta,
that's what I was thinking as well.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 08:21 am
@Goodlife21,
The Frighteners is a comedy horror film with Michael J Fox as a psychic who has ghost friends.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 08:21 am
@Linkat,
Except by no stretch is Sixth Sense a comedy.

In Heart and Souls the spirits of four very different people who die in a bus crash attach themselves to a baby born in the same crash. They are his permanent 'imaginary friends' while he grows up - keeping him very happy and company until he gets to the age where he realises no-one else can see them. I think around age 12 he tells them to leave him alone (tired of being a freak basically) and they go (well they hide for the next ten or fifteen years - but they are inextricably linked to him so never far.

They re-initiate contact and the bulk of the film is them trying to get him to help them get closure/peace - one by one the bus comes back and takes them to heaven - while the lead's life is largely left in tatters by his odd behaviour (which is very reminiscent of the 'troubles' he had growing up.

All ends well - the four die happily ever after. It's a romantic comedy of sorts.
Linkat

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 08:23 am
@hingehead,
Yeah - I've seen that one as well - but my first image was of the sixth sense. I agree it is not a comedy - but was thinking of the twist in the end (not quite a black comedy) but find it kinda funny in a dark way.
hingehead

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 08:23 am
@Linkat,
Yeah - true, it did have some quirky moments.
0 Replies