Project Runway All Starts--Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Roberta

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 02:52 pm
The new season began last night. No Heidi. No Michael. No Nina. No Tim. I'll miss Tim.

Many of the all stars are recognizable from past seasons. I question how starry some of them are. (Like Sweet Pea.)

The three most likely contenders are, IMO, Remy (he won last night), Mondo, and Austin Scarlett. We'll see what happens

Are you watching?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,909 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 02:55 pm
@Roberta,
Yes! I couldn't decide which of the lowest two should go home last night. I think they got it right, though.

I miss Tim, too! (I think I read somewhere that Season 9 was taping at the same time, so all new judges, etc.).

Thank you for starting the thread Smile
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 04:32 pm
@Roberta,
Who's replacing everyone??? It's not the same without them! (wail)
Roberta

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 05:06 pm
@Mame,
The new host is Angela Lindvall, whoever that is. The two regular judges are Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman, editor in chief of Marie Claire. And the mentor is Joanna Coles of Neiman Marcus. I'm not sure if the workplace is still at Parsons School of Design. I don't think so.

The show is now one hour, rather than the over-long and totally unnecessary hour and a half.

I miss Tim!

Mame

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 05:08 pm
@Roberta,
I miss Tim and Heidi and Michael - and well, I guess all of them. I hate these kinds of changes!!!!!!!
sozobe

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 05:12 pm
@Mame,
I do like Isaac Mizrahi, he can be funny. He was a bit too mean on that one show he had briefly, Project Runway seems like a better fit.

So it's on Thursdays on Lifetime? (I can never find the damn show anymore.)
Roberta

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 05:13 pm
@Mame,
I thought the judging the last few seasons was kind of poor. I'll be interested to see what the new judges have to say. I think Heidi was a real presence. When the first loser left, no auf (the German word for good-bye). Missed that.

The new mentor told everyone to surprise the judges. Some did, some didn't. I think better advice would have been to impress the judges.

Sweet Pea, the first time around, would make something. Then Tim would show up and offer a critique. Then she would start over and make something semi-decent. This time, no Tim, no good.
Mame

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 05:21 pm
@sozobe,
Ha - I never know when anything's on - just luck into it at times. But I've always loved PR when I've seen it.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 05:22 pm
@Roberta,
Hmmm.... about the judging. I love the show, but as I said to Soz, I never know when anything's on, so I catch it when I catch it. Helps I just hooked digital up so I get the Guide now, rather than scrolling Smile We're a little backwoods here, apparently!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2012 02:26 am
So Sweet Pea is gone. I didn't understand what she was doing there in the first place. The woman who dyed the fabric was a close second IMO.

Yes, Austin's dress was lovely and tasteful. But I preferred Michael's. The mentor doesn't seem to be much help. She's still on about surprising the judges. I think Michael's dress was a bigger surprise than Austin's. What good did it do him?

Tim usually had trenchant and helpful comments.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2012 10:23 am
Austin Scarlett's mustache is so distracting to me. He looks like a Zorro reject. Love him, though lol...just wish he'd shave. I liked Michael's dress better, too.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 10:43 am
@Roberta,
Having now seen the first few episodes from this latest run, I am less than impressed by some.
So nice to see Sweet Pea out, just need a few others gone and then Michael can win. I cannot handle Austin he is just too far out there in his mannerisms and facial expressions. His fashion is moderately decent (what he makes, not what he wears); beyond that I'd love him to meet an exit in the next week or so. Seeing him in the bottom 3 with the Miss Piggy run, did my smile muscles a world of good. Seeing Michael win that challenge did me even more good.

Strangest thing is Kenley, I didn't remember her voice being so grating.

Is it me, or is Joanna Coles actually just another version of Tabatha Coffey? They both frighten me....and not in a good way.

Mondo looks lost.

Could we help Jerell become lost in the aisles of Mood?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 11:18 am
We really do see so little of what really goes on.

I heard that the judging takes really about 4 hours, so we just see snippets.

I wish they'd cut out the repeated drama and get more to the meat of the show - creative designing.

PS - Heidi's Michael Kors dress at the Globes was awful. Awful color and it looked like a shapeless sack. The necklace saved it. Of course, no one dare critizized it.
Roberta

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 02:15 am
@PUNKEY,
Punkey, I think they did eliminate a lot of the drama by reducing the show back to an hour. Glad about that.

I thought the cantaloupe dress was better than Michael's dress, but what do I know?

I'm surprised that Jerrell isn't doing better.

Sturgis, Yes, Kenley's voice has always been annoying. But we've also gotten to see how loud she is.

I thought April's dress was ooky and was deserving of being at the bottom. But I thought that the layered maternity-looking dress was worse. Again, what do I know?

0 Replies