I agree with the moral principle, buuuuut ...

JTT

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 07:49 pm
New U.S. tactic for suspected Swiss bank tax cheats

(Reuters) - U.S. authorities hunting in Swiss banks for suspected tax cheats have a new weapon in their arsenal: an arcane but aggressive legal maneuver more commonly used against drug smugglers, money launderers and Imelda Marcos, widow of the Philippine dictator.
Backed by court judges, federal prosecutors are issuing subpoenas -- official papers which compel the recipients to provide potentially damning evidence -- to United States taxpayers suspected of holding hidden accounts at Swiss and other offshore banks, according to criminal defense lawyers whose clients have received the papers.
The grand jury subpoenas are unusual in that they ask bank clients -- not the banks themselves -- to turn over to the authorities their bank account details since 2003, including statements with the highest annual balances. Taxpayers who refuse to comply potentially face a stark choice: be found in contempt of court and thus subject to civil or criminal fines and jail time, or disclose potentially incriminating evidence against themselves.

[I think I've forgotten how to "compress" a URL. Embarrassed Here goes nuttin'.]

http://news.yahoo.com/u-tactic-suspected-swiss-bank-tax-cheats-223015523.html;_ylt=Ai36IBVRhS4He8QXkSAEbzCw73QA;_ylu=X3oDMTQ3bjVrdWg1BG1pdANBcnRpY2xlIFNlY3Rpb24gQnVzaW5lc3MEcGtnAzc0MDViYjI1LWJlYmUtM2RjYS1hOTQ1LTQzM2VjMTAxNDc2MQRwb3MDNQRzZWMDdG9wX3N0b3J5X2Nva2UEdmVyA2NjNDU5Y2QwLTMxYTMtMTFlMS05ZmZjLTAzNmZlNThhZjcxYQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTMxOXI1bjgzBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDNGI0MjNjYWQtODFhNC0zMTcyLWIwYTItNDBkMjE5NDk4YjU5BHBzdGNhdANidXNpbmVzcwRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2UEdGVzdAM-;_ylv=3
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 707 • Replies: 2
No top replies

JTT

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 07:50 pm
@JTT,
Yup, I was right. Sad
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 08:58 pm
@JTT,
Just make it a click here link with a label.

Here's how I did it:

Code:[url=http://able2know.org/topic/182289-1#post-4839551]click here[/url]

Basically, you add the =equal sign, the url, and then move the right bracket after the url and add your text label followed by the [/url]
0 Replies