Replacing food

blazedd

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 12:04 pm
I'm sick and tired of food. Every ******* day I wake up, think about what I have to do for food, then go back to sleep to suppress the pain in my stomach. Lately all I have been doing is skipping eating anything and just sleeping to end the pain of hunger.

Whenever I try to cook food at home it ALWAYS turns out like crap. I've had successes with dishes for the very first time, but every single time I try to remake the dish, using the same exact methods as before, it never turns out like before. Example... I remember 2 -3 years ago I made my very first filet mignon and it was so damn good, and all I did was put it on the stove, then oven. I've tried that method at least 100 more times but the meat just turns out like crap and I'm forced to suck the juices (which is actually just A1 sauce...) and spit out the rest. I've probably wasted another 100 steaks trying different methods like the grill, with sauce, without sauce, different tenderizing methods, different marinate sauces... etc. I've tried this with chicken, fish, beef, anything I could imagine, it always turns out decent or great the first time, and the rest is just complete trash.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for cooking advice at all. I'm long past trying to prepare/cook my own food... I've been trying fast food which is ******* disgusting and horrid, but at least it's better than what I make and it's super fast.

But again... I've just been skipping meals and going to sleep to end that hunger pain because of these two shitty options... waste my time and eat crap or waste my money and eat worse crap.

All I really want is 3 simple pills, paste, or something easily consumed that just fills you up and that's that. It's over, done with, no more hunger no more pain no more thinking about food anything... please someone help me.

View best answer, chosen by blazedd
Mame

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 01:07 pm
Well, they haven't made any pills (that I know of) that can do that so you're going to have to suck it up and eat.

Why not get some Michelina's or other such tv dinners and be done with it?
0 Replies

Ticomaya
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 01:32 pm
@blazedd,
Oatmeal in the morning (quick oats). It's easy (just add hot water), cheap, healthy, and fills you up.

Get meal replacement powder to make shakes, and drink a shake for your lunch every day. It's easy (just add cold water), cheap, healthy, and fills you up.

Then, you only have to concern yourself with your evening meal. That should make you less depressed.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 01:37 pm
If you're preparing yourself filet mignon, you should be able to afford to eat at decent restaurants, or buy already prepared food at the market.
jespah

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 04:43 pm
@chai2,
That, too.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 04:48 pm
Where do you live? Find a good, gourmet market and get take-out.

You sound like you are too stressed to cook.

Some people eat to live, other live to eat. You're just not into food. That's OK, but don't damage your health by refusing to eat.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 04:51 pm
you also need vitamins and minerals.

you know, such aversion to food is not normal. consider talking to your doctor about it. do you suffer from depression, by any chance? that could be related to such aversion.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 04:54 pm
I would be worried about depression, too, but the OP does not say the other parts of his/her life are met with such similar frustration.

Perhaps we'll find out.

PS: It's hard to cook for one.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 05:01 pm
I remember filet mignon as famous for being a very tender steak, as well as not the most flavorful cut to choose. It appears to me that you repeatedly over cooked it - which points to a poor recipe, or lack of source of recipes, or lack of asking the butcher or friends how to cook the meat. It would vary in timing with different stove flame settings or oven, or if you like your steaks rare or well done, but even well done should be just to the point of well done and not a bit more than that.

I can understand just giving up on cooking and looking for simple solutions, such as Tico and others suggested, so I'm not trying to berate you about that.
Another alternative is to take a cooking class, possibly at a vacation destination, or possibly local with the kind of food you tend to like.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 06:56 pm
Why not open a can of tuna and make a sandwich - can't mess that up.

There are many simple meals that require little or no cooking - why are you trying difficult meals especially if it is just for your one serving. For example - you can even buy salads in a bag that come with all the ingredients.

You can buy decent enough soups in many supermarkets now. I know one I go to has some pretty good pre-made dinners and home made soups. I love their lobster bisque.

Personally I think you are making dinner much more difficult than it needs to be.
chai2

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 07:02 pm
@Linkat,
seriously linkat.

I agree with you.
Linkat

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 07:04 pm
@chai2,
I like how you added the seriously - quite possibly because otherwise I wouldn't take you seriously
chai2

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 07:13 pm
@Linkat,
seriously.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 07:20 pm
this sounds rather serious...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 07:48 pm
@blazedd,
blazedd wrote:

Whenever I try to cook food at home it ALWAYS turns out like crap. I've had successes with dishes for the very first time, but every single time I try to remake the dish, using the same exact methods as before, it never turns out like before. ... I've tried this with chicken, fish, beef, anything I could imagine, it always turns out decent or great the first time, and the rest is just complete trash.

Hey, here's your answer: keep on making things ONCE - don't try to recreate them - just make them differently (or a different dish) each time. Bada bing, bada boom!
firefly

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 08:22 pm
@Mame,
Absolutely brilliant!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 08:23 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
Why not open a can of tuna and make a sandwich - can't mess that up.

Why not just open the can and eat the tuna? Cut out the middleman. Wink
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 11:34 am
I had read that Mohammed Atta had loathed to eat. He regarded it as something of a necessary evil. To deal with having to eat he'd boil and mash enough potatoes to last him a few days at a time. He'd then put them in a container and keep it in his refrigerator. When he'd get hungry he'd simply go to the fridge, spoon out some of the potatoes and swallow them down until his hunger was sated.
Anomie

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 06:49 pm
@blazedd,
There is intermitted fasting, however you must increase the micronutritional density, and have a consistent macronutritional ratio, whilst multiply it by two on consumption days.

Water intake must also significantly increase for fasting days.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 07:03 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

I had read that Mohammed Atta had loathed to eat. He regarded it as something of a necessary evil. To deal with having to eat he'd boil and mash enough potatoes to last him a few days at a time. He'd then put them in a container and keep it in his refrigerator. When he'd get hungry he'd simply go to the fridge, spoon out some of the potatoes and swallow them down until his hunger was sated.

No wonder he hated eating.
0 Replies