I just don’t understand drinking and driving

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 10:27 pm
@Sloan,
Sloan wrote:

Thom is prepared for what's coming, all I'm going to say.

Sure he is...he already know roughly at least what the state will ring him up for. I am only guessing when I say 13 years.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 12:16 am
@Sloan,
Sloan wrote:

Thom is prepared for what's coming, all I'm going to say.
I wish him the Best

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 12:18 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Glad to see you're posting Dave.
Thank u, Izzy

David
0 Replies

Sloan

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 07:03 am
And it’s over, a tragic ending.

Rest in peace Mr. Swift.
jerksru

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 07:21 am
@Sloan,
I worked with you for a long time, and you were a great person. Rest in peace my friend. You will truely be missed
BeachBoy

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 07:36 am
Can a mod remove this thread? if not can they lock it? How do I contact a mod?
0 Replies

insman

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 08:07 am
@jerksru,
I also worked with Thom a very long time. I wish I had reached out to him more. Rest in peace my friend, I will miss you!
0 Replies

BrianW33713

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 09:15 am
I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing if I were in his shoes.

Rest well my friend.
sozobe

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 10:00 am
@BrianW33713,
Did he commit suicide?
Rockhead

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 10:01 am
@sozobe,
http://able2know.org/topic/203274-1#post-5187874
sozobe

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 10:01 am
@Rockhead,
Oof.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 12:45 pm
@Sloan,
OMG. What sad and shocking news. That is, indeed, a tragic ending to this story. The entire situation was tragic from beginning to end.

My sincere condolences to those of you who were his friends.
BillRM

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 01:03 pm
@firefly,
Given his age it is not an unreasonable course of actions to end his life instead of spending his last years behind bars.

It is indeed a sad outcome as two people lives ended as a result of that night not one.
Mattingly

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 04:16 pm
Thom I'm sorry it came down to this. I hope you're at peace my friend. I'll remember the good times!
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Wildhourses

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 05:08 pm
@cs33717,
You're a pathetic excuse of a man! Morgan posted a local news story that's all, just as anyone else would have done. Take your idioc ramblings elsewhere.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 05:38 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Given his age it is not an unreasonable course of actions to end his life instead of spending his last years behind bars.
Please, he was a relatively young man, and regardless of what his sentence might have been, his life would have been interrupted for a time, but it wouldn't have been over, and he wouldn't have spent his "last years behind bars." A desperate and severely depressed person does not always weigh alternatives, or deal with stress, reasonably, and at least one person who knew Thom, recently posted that he was very depressed.

And you have no idea what finally made him end his life, any more than you really know what happened the night of the accident, despite your previous endless speculation regarding that. You know nothing about the man. He may have been dealing with a number of issues, in addition to possibly facing prison time, that just overwhelmed him.
Quote:
It is indeed a sad outcome as two people lives ended as a result of that night not one.

It is indeed sad, particularly since neither of those lives had to end. That's part of the needless tragedies that are a consequence of drinking and driving.

And, based on my own experience with a friend who committed suicide, I know that some of Thom's friends and acquaintances must be feeling not only grief, but also some guilt that they hadn't done more to try to help him, because that's also a normal reaction when someone you care about takes their own life. I feel for them too. The ripple effect of what happened that night last December has affected many lives.

I hope this thread has served a useful purpose. If it makes at least one person not drive after they have been drinking, it will have done that.
Russell04

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 06:13 pm
I'm so sorry Thom, I wish I could have talked to you just one more time
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 06:37 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Please, he was a relatively young man

Firefly for some reason I was thinking of him in his late 50s and a likely 13 years plus sentence at that age have a good chance of being a life sentence or at best a very large percent of his remaining life time.

The whole thing is a sad event no matter what his age happen to be in any case and the impact on his friends and his family does not bear thinking about.

Sometimes rarely I find myself wishing that I am not an atheist so I could offer a a prayer in good faith for all involved but all I can offer is my heart feel sympathies.

0 Replies

TommyAndJeff

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 06:55 pm
You did what you thought was the right thing to do, rest well Thom.
0 Replies