On the Road Again

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 09:08 am
I have not been far from Houston, since the time I visited dys, and then on to Vegas. We are about to embark on a 3 - 4 hour journey to the far land that is known as Austin, Texas. My oldest daughter, two grand kids and son in law are waiting. We plan to come home tomorrow afternoon. In fact, the route takes us slightly north of the city. So, we ought to avoid the heavier traffic. Merry Christmas to all. Hope yours is as happy as mine.

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 09:09 am
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 09:14 am
@edgarblythe,
Have a safe and fleetful journey Edgar! Merry Christmas! Very Happy
We need some more seasonally appropriate emoticons!
Joe Nation

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 09:23 am
@tsarstepan,
Drunk

No?

Shocked
The wonder of the season?

2 Cents 2 Cents 2 Cents 2 Cents
The curse of the credit card?

Joe( Razz )Nation
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 09:33 am
@edgarblythe,
Have a wonderful and safet trip Mr. EB.

Set and I and the dogs will go to spend some time with hamburgboy on Boxing Day. He still lives in my hometown, about 3 hours east of here. Should be a pleasant drive out there (hopefully the shoppers won't be out on the highways).
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 10:08 am
@edgarblythe,
I have to drive 40 minutes over the bridge to Tampa in the same car with Morgan. He will want to stop at least five times before we get there, wanna trade?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 10:47 am
@edgarblythe,
Merry Christmas, eb and Mrs eb.

Safe travels and best wishes for a wonderful visit with your family.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 07:35 pm
Drive carefully. The snow storm we had in ABQ is supposed to hit your area on Christmas.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 02:19 am
@edgarblythe,
I guess you're on the road now, edgar.
Wishing you safe & happy traveling.
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 09:11 am
Only a twenty minute drive to Christmas dinner with my beautiful goddaughter and her family. Merry Christmas to all.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 09:20 am
@edgarblythe,
I hope you had safe driving and a Merry Xmas, Edgar.
And best of the best to all A2K-ers here.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 04:36 pm
Your good wishes all are duly noted and muchly appreciated. We arrived home just over two hours ago. Rested a bit and had sandwiches for christmas lunch.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 04:49 pm
We arrived there after about four hours. Oddly, the trip home was much faster and required less gasoline. I can only figure that the trip out required more uphill progress than going home.

The grand kids were wonderful. The older of the two is in the tenth grade and bigger than me. He is a personable, easygoing person. Doesn't appear to have a mean bone in his body. Grandson the younger is 8 months. He crawls about like GI Joe and gets in everything. A mellow kid, he loves his noise toys and trying to snatch away grandpa's glasses.

My daughter has laryngitis. She has a nice job and does well. She and her husband are gracious hosts, who fed us well. We had a great time, visiting and such.

Also present were my son in law's mother and her dog, along with my daughter's two Yorkies.

The odd part of it all - we gave gift cards and received gift cards. How silly is that?

We left early, because I need to be rested up for my job.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 04:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
Happy Christmas, EdgarB.

My own observations on my trips show me that trips home are always (or near so) faster, at least in perception.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 04:59 pm
@ossobuco,
Mine was shorter by almost an hour.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 05:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
Not that yours was, but I think some trips are psychologically shorter. Naturally, permutations of traffic have an effect.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 08:00 pm
@ossobuco,
But I know what you mean. A trip always seems shorter on the return, for me also.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 08:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
glad you're home safely, ed...
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 08:04 pm
@Rockhead,
Thank you, rock. The weather was misty there and back. I constantly worried heavy rain would start. All in all, an uneventful bit of travel and worth it to see these people.
msolga

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 08:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
Glad you made it there & back safely, too, edgar.

Greeting of the season to you, Mrs B & Punky the dog. (I hope I got his name right!)