Recently my 4 year old child has developed non itchy rashes around his mouth and and on his palm

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 06:10 am
The doctor diagnosed it as some sort of an allergy. I am a resident of Malappuram and a few years ago there was a case recorded of a very rare disease known as the Hand Foot and Mouth Disease. Now while I am researching online the symptoms seem more and more like the ones mentioned online. Is there some good doctor outside Kerala I can get in touch with to get a second opinion? I might be behaving somewhat paranoid, but I am a mother and I cannot help it. Please help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,878 • Replies: 3
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 07:25 am
Hand and mouth rash is not rare in children.

If you have researched it online, you know how it spreads and how it is prevented.

Is there a clinic near you? Take the child. While the actual rash is not serious, there can be additional problems, since the skin is open. A protective cream might help.

Linkat

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 08:14 am
@PUNKEY,
true - and it is itchy as heck so I doubt the child has hand, foot, mouth!

It could also be viral - my daughter had a reaction where at night she woke up and around her eyes were all swollen. I called the Dr. immediately and the emergency contact said it is likely to be an allergic reaction or something viral - take benidryl and the swollen rashes should go away - just make sure the child can breathe without difficulty - if there is a breathing problem to then bring her to an emergency room right away.

It went away and a day later it happened again -I brought her to the doctors - and after examining came to the same conclusion -with the thought that in most cases, they never determine what virus is causing it. A few more days later and she never had the rash/hives again.

To be safe, if you can - just make sure your child does see a doctor - how long has your child had this rash? You say it isn't bothering her/him? Any temperature or other symptoms - make sure you watch for these things and make note to report to your doctor.
0 Replies

lindalewis

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 07:06 am
@grishmasharma14 ,
In young children, every child will usually get hand, foot and mouth disease if they have come into contact with someone with the disease. It's generally a mild infection. There isn't a vaccine to prevent hand, foot and mouth disease.
You can help to prevent the infection by maintaining good hygiene standards.
0 Replies