Seed

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 02:26 pm
So I recently had to reinstall my operating system. And I'm not the smartest when it comes to computers but I do my best, push along, grab advice and help from those around me when I need it and generally try to learn as I go and figure things out for myself that will make me smarter in the long run.

So everything is up an running. I have downloaded all drivers and the likes for which I need to run smoothly. But it seems that I can no longer use my ctrl button as a hot key. I can no ctrl v or ctrl c or ctrl v anything that involves the modifier key of ctrl in conjunction with another key does not work.

While gaming i use a program called mumble that uses a push to talk button (push the button people hear you talk instead of having an open mic the whole time) and the button i use as my PTT is ctrl and that works fine. It just seems to be that when ever i use it in conjunction with another key it fails to do what I need it to do. Any help on this subject would be very helpful as I often use the modifier for many things to make life easier.

Seems to be the same issue with my ALT key as well
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,161 • Replies: 7

Seed

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 02:50 pm
@Seed,
It's not sticky keys.
Seed

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 03:07 pm
@Seed,
Key board is a logitech mk320. It is a keyboard/mouse unit, meaning it came with both a mouse and a keyboard. I tried to find drivers for just the keyboard but couldnt. I am not using the mouse that came with it.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 03:31 pm
@Seed,
hey seed. (not hayseed)

I'm of zero assistance with your computer problem, but it's good to see you back here a little bit.

hope things are smoothing out some.

good luck...
Seed

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 03:41 pm
@Rockhead,
Thanks Rockhead Smile I always come home cus I know you guys are the best around at helping people Smile
Seed

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 04:25 pm
@Seed,
apparently it is the drivers. but i can not find a driver for just the keyboard as the drivers come paired with the mouse that came with it. When trying to install the drivers the process is stonewalled because it can not find the mouse (which i no longer use nor no longer have. )

If someone can help find the drivers for just the mk350 logitech keyboard I would be a happy camper.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 04:27 pm
@Seed,
http://www.official-drivers.com/installer/?seed=Logitech&gclid=CLPmrJOXj60CFWRjTAodWV8nng

hmmm. it even says seed...
Seed

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 04:35 pm
@Rockhead,
sadly that website makes you download a program. the program then checks your computer for outdated drivers and prompts you to fix them, but when you go to fix them via the program you have to buy it in order for it to work.
0 Replies