Perfume/cologne

chai2

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 06:27 pm
When I get a permanent job, I'll tell you what I'm going to get...

Some Jo Malone Agava & Cacao cologne.

Good God it's wonderful stuff.

I squirted a sample on me as I passed through the fragrance dept, and by the time I entered the mall and walked a dozen stores down I had morphed into a version of Nefertiti.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 3,072 • Replies: 13

ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 07:18 pm
@chai2,
http://www.perfumezilla.com/images_product/coriandre-perfume-jean-couturier-eau-toilette-spray-women567003.jpg

makes me want to sing and dance and shimmy and be positively awesome
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 07:38 pm
@chai2,
So what happened to all those homeless men you were going to give a bath to? Did I miss the conclusion of that thread?
(somehow this topic made me think of it)
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 07:59 pm
@chai2,
American Cream,
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lutfmlCicR1r48fq3o1_500.png
http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/perfumes/lush-perfumes/american-cream-perfume
Quote:
Every time we have a special perfume round, our forum fans always vote for American Cream to come back. It's a LUSH cult classic, for good reason. The yummy, cozy vanilla bean and fresh strawberry scent has women, men, boys, girls, customers and staff going crazy for it. It's sweet and delicious, and now you can call it your signature fragrance too.

If you love the scent of American Cream hair conditioner, don't miss out on the liquid perfume.

Vanilla Absolute combines with calming lavender oil to create a sweet, smooth scent.

jcboy

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 08:06 pm
OMG I love Cologne! I have a few but today I was checking out some new stuff at Macy’s. Dolce Cabbana! I love it, and Gucci! Oh my I’m a queen in heaven!
chai2

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 08:53 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

OMG I love Cologne! I have a few but today I was checking out some new stuff at Macy’s. Dolce Cabbana! I love it, and Gucci! Oh my I’m a queen in heaven!

check out the jo malone line then, there are a lot of products.
They're at nordstroms.
chai2

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 08:56 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

So what happened to all those homeless men you were going to give a bath to? Did I miss the conclusion of that thread?
(somehow this topic made me think of it)

That?
That was going to be a temp assignment.

Then before it started I got a different offer for a temp assignment (that's ending at the end of the year) that paid more.

I have to grab all the cash I can.

Actually, tomorrow at 9am I go for a 2nd interview at a place I interviewed at on Oct 31.
Wish me luck!
chai2

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 08:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

American Cream,
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lutfmlCicR1r48fq3o1_500.png
http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/perfumes/lush-perfumes/american-cream-perfume
Quote:
Every time we have a special perfume round, our forum fans always vote for American Cream to come back. It's a LUSH cult classic, for good reason. The yummy, cozy vanilla bean and fresh strawberry scent has women, men, boys, girls, customers and staff going crazy for it. It's sweet and delicious, and now you can call it your signature fragrance too.

If you love the scent of American Cream hair conditioner, don't miss out on the liquid perfume.

Vanilla Absolute combines with calming lavender oil to create a sweet, smooth scent.

where is this sold?
chai2

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 09:01 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

jcboy wrote:

check out the jo malone line then, there are a lot of products.
They're at nordstroms.

oh, and it seems many of their products are unisex, and do well layered over each other.

ColognesLime Basil & Mandarin Verbenas of Provence Grapefruit Pomegranate Noir English Pear & Freesia Nectarine Blossom & Honey Wild Bluebell
French Lime Blossom
White Jasmine & Mint
Red Roses
Orange Blossom
Vintage Gardenia
Blue Agava & Cacao
Vanilla & Anise
Nutmeg & Ginger
Amber & Lavender
Black Vetyver Café
Wild Fig & Cassis
Vetyver
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 09:20 pm
@chai2,
What bathing homeless guys isn't lucrative? What's this world coming to?

Knock 'em dead tomorrow.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 09:48 pm
@chai2,
Lush.com and their Lush stores I believe.

Lush is a British cosmetics company and they have a big presence in Canada and the US.
http://www.lushusa.com/shop/find/list/

But I guess it might be a limited edition product. I have an old glass bottle from 5 or 6 years ago.

Another one of their men's fragrances I love is called Dirty.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 10:24 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

Knock 'em dead tomorrow.

2nd interview went really well.

They will be conducting a final 3rd round mid january.

The COO, who I was interviewing with basically told me he'd like me for that 3rd.

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 10:31 am
@jcboy,
I have a fussy sniffer. I don't like overly sweet perfume. I recently bought and really like Chrome (men's) by Azzaro. It's in the spicy (as opposed to floral) range of scents. Azzaro makes it for women too and is very pleasing.

FWIW, my other faves I've had for years has been:

Acqua di GIO by Armani (citrusy-summery)
Deauville pour homme by Michel Germain (clean talcumy-cinnamony..light)
Polo Black by Ralph Lauren
Black by Kenneth Cole
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 10:37 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
Dolce Cabbana!

The one perfume I've spent serious money on was Dolce & Gabbana. It was amazing but they don't make it anymore. Sad I keep looking for another perfume I like as much but it's either just a bit *off* or crazily expensive.
0 Replies